Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in May 2014? Pregnant with an Appleseed, Sweet Pea, Blueberry, Raspberry or Green Olive? Then come and join the Maybies

(1000 Posts)

Hello and welcome to all new and old Maybies.

Here is a link to our stats page for anyone to add or update their info.

Stats Details

chip trust me you'll be abusing that free scripts card when you get heartburn! My babies are voen with a head full of hair and I had horrendous heartburn, did in a mahussive bottle of gaviscon I think it was called every week!

*Were born

AliOh Fri 27-Sep-13 18:32:56

Hello notabarbiegirl and welcome smile

My weekend is going to consist of doing absolutely nothing and probably a lot of sleeping (bliss).

Have to go into work on Monday sad usually my day off so it's a short weekend for me sad

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 18:33:29

Oh yer sense of smell (stupid bin day now know what every one in the street has been eating all week)
The taste in your mouth yuk
Told u i was forgetfull
Made myself toast this morning instead of sandwich's for lunch, at lunch time whent to canteen forgot sandwiches had to go back and get them
Its been a long week as tuesday i was saying bye have a nice weekend to everyone scary thing no one said anything
Told boss, he is more excited than we are hehehe and wants to do a whole meeting to tell the team confused he also thinks he has magic powers as women in his team allways get pregnat very easly even thouse that have tried for years then he becomes there manager and they get pregnay straight away hahaha

MasterFlea Fri 27-Sep-13 18:34:36

Snort at the updates on your lady bits on FB, thePFJ (what is your Nickname short for?)

Oh facebook, I'd be annoyed in your shoes too. All I want for this weekend is to rest. PIL are visiting and staying over tomorrow night. That means a major clean up tomorrow morning but then they will entertain the dcs for the duration of the visit. whoo-hoo!

Never had a body pillow but ended up using various sized and many to keep me from rolling onto my back at night and then to make the bump comfortable. The body pillows look interesting and if all else fails, the baby can play with it when it is bigger. My dcs love the swiss ball I got as a birthing ball.

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 18:36:46

Oh thanks PFJ
And sorry for to long post no one else to moan to or talk to about being pregnant

My weekends going to be really bad, i just want to sleep its not fair < stamps smelly hot feet >

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 18:39:07

thePFJ body pillows are a gift from the gods, and lounging about on sofas is one of their many beauties. I have a cheapy from Argos that's on the website at £7.50 at the mo (V pillow, they describe as a back and neck pillow), comes with a pillow case (some don't) and I used it through my last pregnancy from about 5 months to support my bump and then between my knees (much more comfy position for your hips when you're sleeping on your side with a bump). Then after DS was born I used it to support him to breastfeed. It was so handy every time we travelled it went in the suitcase first and clothes just had to fit in round it.

mumof2 I know exactly what you mean! I had shocking heart burn with DS from the very beginning of pregnancy to the end. This bub looks like being the same so I have a bumper stock of tablets stashed round the house.

I think I'm going crazy. Ice cream van just went past and instead of rushing to get my shoes and chasing it a mile around town, I groaned and wanted it to shut up because I'm tired and have a headache. What's wrong with me??? shock

Oh, and preference - LUSH or bodyshop? grin Bodyshop has 40% off and free delivery over £20, but LUSH has stuff for my hair, and it feels so rank atm I really want nice hair stuff. Opinions? (And what ingredients eg essential oils and lavender and whatever do I need to avoid?)

The in laws asked to visit us from last night till sunday. I said no! Well actually bit of a lie, I made OH say no as he's been working really hard all week so we want to spend time together. Stupid thing is we've had an argument and he's fucking ignoring me! Twat! Have to admit it is bloody peaceful though smile

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 18:45:18

Oh chip I can sympathise. Lets stomp our smelly feet together. What are you up to this weekend? You making toast made me chuckle, sounds exactly like the odd things I've been doing. And definitely don't apologise for the long post!

Master (hehe, cool name abreviation) that's interesting, I wonder what DS will think when I get my swiss ball back out. He'll probably destroy the living room!

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 18:54:47

Moomin lush are just sooo pricey they scare me a bit, but they are a nice treat.

Mumof2 I hope it's nothing to serious, they do like to pick their stroppy moments don't they?! Enjoy the peace and make sure he grovels suitably when he's gets his act together

I know, normally I'd be BODYSHOP BODYSHOP BODYSHOP but student grant is in grin

ThePFJ Fri 27-Sep-13 19:03:52

MasterFlea ThePFJ has been with me since 1999 - I feel old now.... It's short for The People's Front of Judea - as used on Monty Python's Life of Brian.... It has a long history as an on screen name, and I am quite attached to it... although I hail as Kit Nightingale in Discworld circles.. if anyone reads those books, and that's how I met my DH! I sometimes do think about giving myself a smartass MN name..... ohhh the fun I could have.... mwah ahahahahaha

Is a V pillow just as good as a body pillow then? IF so I am sooo getting one next week when I have the cash!!!

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:04:49

Moomin wont lush smell?

Facebook, we are picking inlaws up from airpot then driving them two hours, with me noding smiling pretending i know whats going on as they dont speak english, they are lovey though, to DH sis who has 4 kids under 5 and one older =mad house, DH not seen them in ages so can see we will not leave till silly o'clock in morning drive two hours home then do all the normal stuff u have to do at weekend.
Trying to convince my self it will be fine

ThePFJ Fri 27-Sep-13 19:05:08

Another weird thing I am craving - Honey I Washed The Kids soap from Lush.... not to eat though... to SNIFF..... hmm

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 19:06:04

hehe, I think student loan payments are still the highest my bank account's ever been! I have a lovely lady that makes products just like lush but a much better price, she's taking a break for a few months though sad I'll keep you posted if she starts selling again soon though her shampoo soap is divine (and she makes soaps that look like custard cream biscuits, they're fab)

Soaps that look like custard creams? shock WANT. grin

I love the smell of some of LUSH's products, I think what gives them the edge over bodyshop is that they mix ingredients rather than having just strawberry, mango, shea, coconut etc. But I've gone for Bodyshop in the end; 40% discount is too good to miss grin

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 19:10:48

thepfj I love your screen name story! Monty Python and discworld, you're my kinda' gal. I don't know if they're as good as body pillows (would that be the long straight ones?) but I do love my V, I never had any cause to complain.

Chip yikes, that's quite an ordeal. I'm sure you'll handle it brilliantly but I do really feel for you. Will you be okay on the car journey MS wise?

ThePFJ Fri 27-Sep-13 19:11:04

Put me down for 20 custard creams to eat AND sniff........ grin

snoozysleeper Fri 27-Sep-13 19:13:40

Nice new thread

Hello everyone!!

I'm 5+4 which I think makes me inbetween a sesame seed and a lentil confused

ThePFJ Fri 27-Sep-13 19:13:50

Chip Maybe you could develop some sort of comedy sign language or do shadow puppets? Deformed rabbit is my favourite...

V Pillow it is then - glad you have good taste Facebook! Dare I ask how indeed the dreaded Facebook stole your life?? grin And will I need popcorn?

Facebook is an awesome name! Come on you have to give us the story as PFJ has so politely asked...
Facebokm gave me my fiancé smile

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:21:20

Facebook i dont have MS i have the squits instead wich is more fun hehehe

PFJ good plan

Thats why i come on here for the good laugh oh i needed that today, stressfull week thanks lovely ladies

Im going to get full lengh pillow allready sleeping with duvet half under me, half over me, the half of me sticking out is going to get cold soon isn't it

Sorry about spelling to tired to know if its right or wrong

Btw Facebook he only has the hump as he does 5:2 diet and is on a low calorie day today and im laying on the sofa dunking digestives into my tea! Haha, pregnancy is good!

chip you still suffering with the squities?! Bloody hell girl you must be wasting away!

This thread is not accepting new messages.