Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013 - Operation Baby Eviction

(1001 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Thu 26-Sep-13 12:28:49

sheet

Key:
SC - still cooking (pre EDD)
SFW - still f***ing waiting (post EDD)
OWT - on way to theatre (CS)
IP - induction in progress
SWIL - somewhere in labour
LIT -lost in transition

They never do it properly moonblues. What I found today was their idea of clean. I discovered dirty towels and underwear stuffed in handbags and carrier bags. Thank God I convinced Dp to buy that tumble dryer. There were almost 3 loads of dirty washing in their room and probably more if I'd bothered to root through their supposedly clean stuff. I do at least 3 loads each day as it is.
They wouldn't have had time to do it anyway. It took them an hour to get a couple of changes of clothes for me to iron for their stay at my sisters.
I've only just sat down and I am not moving from this spot on the sofa all night.

claphammama Wed 02-Oct-13 16:58:50

and then pseudo???

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 16:53:55

Then I exploded

claphammama Wed 02-Oct-13 16:53:37

well done MrsH - very efficient! your reputation as a life manager has been partially restored grin

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 16:53:12

Then coffee ice cream

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 16:52:09

Then mushroom lasagne

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 16:52:00

I had Arancini

claphammama Wed 02-Oct-13 16:51:49

MoN my sister was exactly the same when she was a teenager - absolutely disgusting. She had old dirty plates and food in her room, a pile of dirty clothes in the middle of the room, you name it... shocking. She is now a well adjusted woman with a clean house. I'm sure your DD will grow out of it. Sorry you are having to do all this cleaning and preparing today. Take it easy. Will be thinking of you and little Eliana tomorrow xxx

pink I was also in JL today! Which one did you go to? I was in Sloan Square... buying very boring and granny like cardigans for BFing...

imp we could end up having babies on the same day then! (as long as you don't go before me angry...)

mrsH someone not pregnant claimed she wasn't feeling well? Outrageous grin

we need a new thread by the way... what title? "newborn cuddles for the lucky ones, seething with envy at the back of the bus"?

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 16:51:47

I went to Carluccios

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 16:51:35

Better finish off this one

MrsHoratioNelson Wed 02-Oct-13 16:42:32

Oh, do we need another new thread?

Here we go...

MrsHoratioNelson Wed 02-Oct-13 16:38:20

I wish to make a complaint. In fact I have several.

1. I agree with Slippy: Not enough babies especially mine.

2. My friend has cancelled our drink tonight because she's not feeling well. She's very unreasonable like that hmm.

3. The vanilla cream slice I have just eaten was far too small angry.

4. My diamond shoes are too tight

Slippysnow Wed 02-Oct-13 16:30:59

Any more babies. We seem to have slowed down.

ImpOfDarkness Wed 02-Oct-13 14:57:21

Well the online calculator has me conceiving on 30 Jan and due on 23rd hmm. We'll see...

ImpOfDarkness Wed 02-Oct-13 14:54:49

Thinking of you MoN

Yes it was me with the due date / IUI question pink. I'll have a look on the online calculator caz posted and see what it says based on 11 days between last period and ovulation. I thnk they calculate differently here than they do in the UK, and we've been planning everything (DP's days off, family visits) around the later date, so I'm hoping not to jump the queue too much!

Thankyou notsoold. I'm just glad it was me who discovered the mess and not Dp. He would have gone crazy and I could do without all the shouting tonight. I did phone hm to have a rant so the girls will be glad they'll be at my sisters by the time he gets home from work.

Prisci Wed 02-Oct-13 14:40:09

I thought I would just add a moan about DP.
Last night after coming home very late from work, I mentioned that I thought he was not aware that I could give birth anytime (38+1 today). So asked him, what we should do when I am in labour. He said, well call the hospital and go, I am like: don't you forget something? He:the hospital bag?, me:something else, he after what seemed ages: what do you mean, I really can't see, me: what about our over two KIDS!!!!
Typical, he is usually very caring but at the moment he has completely lost it. He is extremely busy with work this week but still.

Otherwise, completely chattered, I dusted the floor today but that's about it. I would love a nap anytime but DS2 finishes nursery at 12 and pick up for DS1 is 3pm so I am always worried that if I have one I will just not wake up in time. I am just so much more tired with this one.

Hope all goes well with Eliana.

Pinkforboys Wed 02-Oct-13 14:40:08

Afternoon ladies. Great afternoon here, feet up in front of GBBO with a box of half-price M&S choc truffles. not feeling sick, honest

Ambitiously I headed into town this morning to see an Oliver Jeffers exhibition and pick up a couple of things from John Lewis. Managed the latter but no puff for the former sad

Imp was it you with IUI/Due Date Q? DS was IUI and he arrived bang on DDay which I'm pretty sure was 38wks post procedure (my period was 2w before, but that's not always the case)

MoN please no washing up tonight for you either. Enjoy a good take away and wishing you all the best for tomorrow xxxxx

MrsHoratioNelson Wed 02-Oct-13 14:37:02

Fingers crossed Roofio that its not long for either of us - my EDD is tomorrow, so I'm fed up of waiting to see what flavour this one is...

moonblues Wed 02-Oct-13 14:35:02

MoN please try to have a rest. Would your DD be able to tidy it when she gets back from school? Definitely order a takeaway. Good luck for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Hope everything goes as well as possible for you and Eliana and that you get a chance to spend some time with her before she is transferred over to Yorkhill.

Goodluck Rachael and doobedoo.

roofio87 Wed 02-Oct-13 14:32:20

thanks, I'm not worried about the measuring small thing at all really. like you say, its so innacurate and done by a different person with a different tape measure, seems a bit ridiculous really. just feeling frustrated cos if he would just hurry up and arrive we'd know for sure that everything is fine with him!! oh well, hopefully won't be too long now.........

MrsHoratioNelson Wed 02-Oct-13 14:28:51

roofio fundal height measurements are famously inaccurate and the accuracy and consistency of measurements apparently depends on the same MW taking the measurements and the same tape measure being used, hence them supplying your own in your notes. For my last measurements I had a different MW and she used her own tape measure, so it's no wonder that the measurements were suddenly off track...

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is try not to get too stressed about it xx

notsoold Wed 02-Oct-13 14:26:46

MoN...do not get down with the bedroom being in that state!!! I have been in your shoes during dd teen years. It is not a reflection of you and dare I say? I used to think what did I do xxxxx
but now ( only in the last 1.5 year) dd changed into a houseproud person.
Take away is called for but leave the bedding for someone else to help so you can have a sit down. I normally don't post but my thoughts and prayers will be with you and Eliana tomorrow xxxxx

Roofio....6cm is a big difference isn't it??? Xxxx

Caz...sorry about the horse, and at least you know that is close to you....xxx

Take care everyone xxxx

roofio87 Wed 02-Oct-13 14:08:59

ctg trace looked fine again. dr measured my bump as 33cm, miraculously 6cm smaller than community mw measured it this morning?!?! so going for a growth scan tomorrow. will see mw again on Tuesday for a sweep if still nothing happened by then. feeling really fed up and teary now but not really for any reason!!

we to change the bedding in eldest girls room as that's where MIL and aunt will be sleeping only to find the room so disgusting that it was in need of a deep clean.
I pulled pack the duvet on 12yr olds bed to find a mountain of dirty clothes and sweet wrappers under it not to mention rotten fruit. How can a girl that age be so disgusting?
When I pulled the beds drawers etc out from the walls that was just as bad. There are insects and everything.
My 13 yr old boys room was spotless in comparison.
My sis has just phoned to say she's picking the girls up for their stay at her at 4.30 so now I need to rush around finding a couple of changes of clothes to iron and pack away for each of them.
So much for my relaxing day before baby's arrival tomorrow. Tonight is definetly a takeaway night no matter what Dp says.

This thread is not accepting new messages.