Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - Operation Baby Eviction

(1001 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Thu 26-Sep-13 12:28:49

SC - still cooking (pre EDD)
SFW - still f***ing waiting (post EDD)
OWT - on way to theatre (CS)
IP - induction in progress
SWIL - somewhere in labour
LIT -lost in transition

Shirehobbit Thu 26-Sep-13 13:51:08

I am most definitely finding these last two days hard...26 hours to go.

I had a letter about the Flu jab, inviting me to take it up on the 19th October [hmmm]. I called the surgery to explain why that would be no use to me, and they said they weren't getting any vaccines in until that date. I let them know that I wasn't exactly impressed, at 38 weeks (nearly) when it takes two weeks to pass on immunity too, that if they thought I needed it, then I should have it soon as. They called me back and asked me to call again tomorrow, as they may have an emergency delivery come in.... <watch this space>

So, what's going on...
Hope you're ok, Umlauf and Caz and Pseudo and everyone else. I can't remember who said they had a cold, but I am on the edge of one and just hoping it beggars off before the weekend. However, I suspect as soon as I stop work, it'll take hold.

Is it home time, yet?

MrsHoratioNelson Thu 26-Sep-13 14:06:37

Flyer tucking is right - never accept a renewal quote. Now you're on mat leave you've for plenty of time to shop around. Get thee to the money saving expert website and read the advice on how to go about it. See? You need a wife for your life grin

ananikifo Thu 26-Sep-13 14:08:01

Ok so mw home visit was great. It turns out they don't normally do a managed third stage in home births esp water births although ice been given ampules to keep in my fridge in case they are needed! Also the logistics of the birth don't lend themselves to clamping either so delayed cord clamping/ cutting is fine too. I can still have baby at home if DH is in transit from France which is a huge relief. So all good news!

And I want a giant cookie now, really badly.

Soupqueen Thu 26-Sep-13 14:12:15

pseudo, fingers crossed everything is fine

Go umlauf!

MrsO, hopefully baby has turned and you don't have to decide re ECV. I think I would decline but it's a decision only you can make.

I've been eating dates and pineapple and they've set off my sodding heartburn. I've also got the start of a cold so feeling sorry for myself.

I've got my first reflexology appointment in a couple of hours. Even if it doesn't help start labour ahead of induction, I figure it can't do any harm.

Mnippy Thu 26-Sep-13 14:20:11

Marking place!

I want a doughnut.

Good luck tomorrow Pseudo fx all is well.

Glad you had a good home visit Ana I assume she didn't go nosing around your bedroom looking for clutter then?! grin

After my horrible community MW appointment 2 weeks ago- where she made up the baby's heart rate on my notes angry the referral she was supposed to send off to the birth centre has still amounted to nothing. Called them myself this morning, going to visit next week Saturday with DP. Fx baby stays put until then... I also booked my next appointment back at the hospital (conveyor belt but they're pleasant enough and do their job properly). Seeing a GP this Saturday for my next check. Hope she's good at feeling how engaged baby is, I really want to be just a bit engaged- bouncing on my ball now!

*booked appointment at hospital for 2 weeks time. Just in case anyone noticed it didn't make sense!

Flyer747 Thu 26-Sep-13 14:35:18

Haha tucking only I wish...it's only a blimin golf, I was like wtf shock

MrsH I indeed am to get myself to money supermarket this avo, Aviva can go screw themselves if they think paying that. In fact I hope Compare the Meerkat come in cheap as I will get a free meerkat toy grin

Flyer747 Thu 26-Sep-13 14:38:32

Soup thanks for reminding me, I am also going to try reflexology in an attempt to evict little person squatting inside me. smile

ananikifo Thu 26-Sep-13 14:38:33

feminust does that mean you're not booked to give birth anywhere? Or just that it's the hospital not the mlu?

No she didn't inspect the house. My parents rarely had people over and I remember how important and stressful it was to clean before we had guests. It's one of my weird childhood things. I've even been on home visits and I know what a horrible house looks and smells like and I know ours is nothing like that.

funkky Thu 26-Sep-13 14:39:22

ananikifo Thu 26-Sep-13 14:40:47

Ugh sorry about typos, feminist.

flyer aviva are so expensive! Even with an employee discount they couldn't match DH's quotes from other companies. In fact they were multiple times more expensive.

MrsHoratioNelson Thu 26-Sep-13 14:42:18

For the baby, right Flyer wink

tuckingfits Thu 26-Sep-13 14:55:11

That's really appalling feminist that she would make up a heart rate. My community midwives are utterly disinterested & wrote down different stuff than they have said to me - heart rate,blood pressure etc. The only thing one of them fabricated was that I had said I had swollen ankles,I made her cross it out. Why on earth would a mw make up a heart rate altogether? Did she think you might not notice [sceptical]

ananikifo Thu 26-Sep-13 15:00:40

My midwives only ever write fhhr (foetal heart rate heard and regular) so I'm baffled why a mw would need to make it up.

tuckingfits Thu 26-Sep-13 15:00:42

haha! I made that [sceptical] up because I was too lazy to scroll down. I'd make a pretty good community midwife I think.

flyer I was surprised how expensive golfs were to insure yesterday. I ruled out the vw golf plus based partly on that & partly on the cost of road tax compared to the other two. Am off to see a b class this afternoon,not to buy just to get a feel of it - i am not sure I've really noticed a b class on the roads,my mum has an a class that i really like,but it does idle like a bag of spanners...

Umlauf Thu 26-Sep-13 15:00:44

ooh IP! no contractions but there is meconium on my pad sad

ananikifo Thu 26-Sep-13 15:02:49

Sorry umlauf. Do they have to do anything about it?

Wickedgirl Thu 26-Sep-13 15:06:15

Back from 38 week MW appointment. Baby still not engaged but is head down so that's something.

So after eating 4 some muffins yesterday and two apple pies with loads of extra thick double cream, I've realised that my DD is making strawberry cheesecake at school today. Of course it would be rude not not even try any wouldn't it? (No one will eat it so ill actually be eating all of it). blush

I am going to be the size of a house at this rate!

psuedo I hope everything goes well at the scan flowers

Hugs umlauf hope it goes quick for you now flowers xxx

Flyer747 Thu 26-Sep-13 15:11:19

Umlauf totes hmm about meconium. I hope induction goes well for you. thanks

Tucking I've seen a few b class mercs on the road. Look more people carrier than the a class. I thought my car insurance would come down as my last car was insurance group 36, got rid of that a few months back, but no it's increased.

claphammama Thu 26-Sep-13 15:14:24

No time to catch up now. Checking in for now!

Wickedgirl Thu 26-Sep-13 15:15:29

Umlauf...... Are you now at hospital? Meconium needs monitoring

MrsO27 Thu 26-Sep-13 15:16:06

Good news, baby is head down. Very happy! grin

Flyer747 Thu 26-Sep-13 15:16:17

Feminist crappy mw why would you just make up a heart rate?! She needs striking off the register or retraining! Hope it gets sorted asap.

So DP left for his overnight stay with his friend in Wales....The dog has gone with him as well, actually quite a novelty having the house to myself...off to catch up on naff tv I've missed this week.

Mary the cleaner is on standby in case anything happens tonight, imagine telling your child that
"Daddy missed the birth but Mary the cleaner was there to see you born" grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.