Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Martians 2014: thread 10. More scans, bigger bumps and eating for two! Nearly halfway there, ladies!

(1002 Posts)
IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:16:51

Thread 9

Shiny new thread. Welcome all those due to pop out a baby in March 14, whether you're an old hand or a newbie, come join the fun!

Beccadugs Wed 02-Oct-13 09:57:41
BadlyWrittenPoem Wed 02-Oct-13 20:47:57

I can't believe we're six pages into a new thread since yesterday!

grey I just had the hypnobirthing book/CD and I also downloaded a random hypnobirthing MP3 onto my ipod which I listened to (or mainly fell asleep to) quite a bit. The CD and the MP3 I had did both sound pretty silly (I used headphones because otherwise DH wouldn't have been able to resist making silly remarks and making me laugh at it) but if you just go with it/ignore any bits you don't want to try then it's great.

I want to know what Pram said.

gawjus there are loads of constipation meds that are safe to take in pregnancy - if you ask your Dr or pharmacist they should be able to give you something. I'm on lactulose and eating dried apricots and drinking prune juice because constipation is a side effect of the medication I am on for sickness aside from the fact that it is more likely in pregnancy anyway. DO make sure you are drinking plenty as dehydration can make it worse.

Cass, hope your trip to Paris wasn't too tiring.

At my hospital you stay in the room you gave birth in unless it's busy in which case you're transferred to the post natal ward but visiting hours are still the same. I think it's something like 10am-8pm although DH stayed later than that when DD1 was born because we were supposed to be being discharged and then weren't. (DD hadn't fed and the MW went on about how we wouldn't have any help with feeding problems if we went home although in actual fact we didn't have problems until after we were home anyway.) Being able to all stay together is another factor in my choice of a homebirth. It's also much nicer using your own bathroon than the hosptial one.

Pram I am cross on your behalf at the rude people at Equifax!

"I think I have become upset because it has hit me that this information - this history of my life - will become known to my child as s/he is growing up. What will they think of their mum having been a homeless alcoholic? A stripper? A prostitute? Never having achieved anything whatsoever with her life? It's hit me like a ton of bricks how shocking this stuff is to those who do not know me or love me. To an outsider I appear to be nothing but a complete loser. I don't want my daughter or son to see me in that way"
Pram, I've known you online for about two weeks and I do not think you are a complete loser. Everyone has things in their past they are not proud of (and anyone who says they haven't is probably lying) and you have managed to turn your life around which in my opinion is a huge acheivement. You will be your child's mum and he or she will love you and will not see you as a complete loser.

apprentice, antenatal depression is common in hyperemesis sufferers so I've come across quite a few people who have been put on amitryptilene - I'm guessing it must be the anti-depressant of choice for pregnancy as it's the one I've always hear mentioned.

I've spent most of today in bed after having gone to out of hours GP last night about a very painful boil which makes sitting rather difficult. blush I'm now on antibiotics (which have made me feel really sick just when I was almost feeling normal) and paracetamol and codeine. I was told that if it's not improving by tomorrow morning I have to go see my GP as it may need to be removed so have had a hot water bottle on it half the day in the hopes that that will help speed up the healing process.

But on the plus side, since DH was home due to me being ill he went and picked up a copy of my slapped cheek results and I was definitely already immune. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.