Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014. Bodystockings at the ready. We make pregnancy sexy.

(1001 Posts)
DawnOfTheDee Wed 25-Sep-13 12:39:29

Ok we don't. We're sick a lot, cry at adverts, moan about back/hip pain and if we got a quid for each new stretchmark generated we could all give up work and employ a nanny.

In fact if you know any teenagers feel free to show them our threads...we are the most effective contraceptive since sliced bread don't ask.

Ladies...as you were....

laura0007 Wed 25-Sep-13 12:41:50

Ha that made me lol!! grin

sunflowered Wed 25-Sep-13 12:50:37

I'm now sporting a super sexy control-focused super sensible G cup. I thought this would be a bonus until I walked into the dd+ section of m&s. Granny chic's in, right? Thank god for mail order grin

mrscookie78 Wed 25-Sep-13 12:51:52

Good title Dawn of the dee! Fingers crossed that it is just gd then Zazou and nothing else?

Thingymajigs Wed 25-Sep-13 12:52:34

Ha! Love this. I was just about to appear and complain about varicose veins appearing and compare the extent of waddling so I guess I fit right in here.
Think I'll post another bump pic on the FB group today. I've put on 13 lbs already. shock Time to put down the birthday chocs.

LovesToBake Wed 25-Sep-13 12:53:15

Funnily enough my little brother (24yo) visited us yesterday evening and after witnessing DS descend into full blown teething toddler rage after his bath, don't think he'll be contemplating kids for a VERY long time! Witnessing toddlers in real life is definitely the best form of contraception!

Here's to a new thread which is less dominated by sickness, pelvic/back pain, acid reflux and more about blooming and feeling like earth mother goddesses...yeah right!

bugsyburge Wed 25-Sep-13 12:54:19

checking in

Sassy20 Wed 25-Sep-13 12:59:17

Marking my place.

Zazou - fingers crossed it's down to gd x

EeyoreIsh Wed 25-Sep-13 13:02:28

Well done on new thread dawn

zazou I hope it is just GD and nothing else, I'll keep everything crossed for you.

I made it into work today despite my cold, woohoo! DH was threatening to keep me locked in the house! I do feel better today (other than the cough, sinuses, headache, stomach cramps and slight fever grin ). Had a bloody awful journey into work though, train got pulled out of action which meant we had to get onto a really busy train = no seat. Apparently my 21 week bump is not obvious enough to those men sitting in the priority seats. It turned my two hour journey into a threehour marathon.

misskatamari Wed 25-Sep-13 13:07:56

Thanks for the new thread Dawn! God Eeyore that journey sounds a nightmare. Glad you're starting to feel better! I'm aiming to drag myself in tomorrow and keep a bucket close by!

tinypolkadot Wed 25-Sep-13 13:08:45

marking my place

winterflowers Wed 25-Sep-13 13:12:11

Awesome name dawn

Congrats to all who had scan results, and fx zazou that it is 'just' the GD.

I've been taking pics all alongs, esp now we have bump Wednesdays but love the idea of a diary, esp if it is as structured ad yours laura as that would actually make me write!

jazzcat28 Wed 25-Sep-13 13:13:07

Ha! Love the new thread title dawn

missk I saw your post on the last thread and have to say - I was a model student at school and got amazing grades (even if I do say so myself) but whenever we had a supply teacher we just took the opportunity to mess about as much as we could. Especially at the start of term when you've got AAAAGES to catch up with missed work. So don't take it personally, I'm sure you'll be back to work and fighting fit when you're good and ready and the kids messing about is no reflection on you, just kids being kids! (I liken it to a Friday afternoon before Christmas when my boss isn't in. Zero work done, tonnes of gossip and natter, lots of catching up to do on Monday).

I am getting fed up with 'how's bump' at work already. I see the same guy every day in the morning coffee queue and he asks me the same question. Every. Single. Fucking. Day. I think I might mix it up a bit tomorrow and say "actually I feel tired, my boobs are strangely lumpy, I'm almost always constipated and the leg cramps in the middle of the night are excrutiating, but otherwise, yes all's well".

Can't imagine how annoyed I'm going to get when I'm closer to the DD!

So we must all be approaching that time to formally advise HR of when we're starting ML. Anyone taken the plunge yet? I've got until end Oct to hand in the form but am already working out dates... whilst working furiously obvs

DawnOfTheDee Wed 25-Sep-13 13:22:00

EeyoreIsh next time ask someone directly to get up. You'd have to be a special kind of tool to say no. Tbh though it doesn't usually get that far with me. I do a great 'pregnant lady sad face' i've patented it too.

What you do is stick your bump out as far as you can (if you're wearing a coat unbuttoning it helps), put one hand on top of your bump, tilt your head to one side slightly, tense your eyebrows a bit and every so slightly bite your bottom lip. It is guaranteed to get you a seat, stop a bus driving off, get you off any sort of fine, make people help you if carrying heavy things, etc.

Champagnebubble Wed 25-Sep-13 13:23:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misskatamari Wed 25-Sep-13 13:24:28

Thanks jazz, I know they are a tricky class and she's probably just pissed off at them being naughty but I know they work for me and are well Behaved when I have em (this far) so know I need to just take it with a pinch of salt. Need to drag myself in tomorrow even if I just end up supplementing my teaching with some subject related DVDs!

Maternity wise I need to let em know soon I think as 22 weeks on sat. I reckon I'll start leave the day after chrimbo unless they'd like me in for a few days handover with who ever is covering. I'm due 1st feb so reckon that would be a good time to finish.

Lol at bump man - that just be doing your head in. Just tell him you've got piles and he won't ask again wink

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 25-Sep-13 13:33:37

Haha, loving the new thread title. I have to go and get myself some half decent bras. I've been basically living in one of those super comfy stretchy crop-top type bras most days. I need some proper underwear! grin

Champagnebubble Wed 25-Sep-13 13:37:20

jazzcat28 Wed 25-Sep-13 13:46:08

Good to know champagne - I have a form to complete from my HR dept which just asks for name, EWC and date I wish to start ML. I presume the date I start ML is the date they will start any mat pay (not when I stop going into work)? S

o if for example I want to have my last day in the office on Friday 17th Jan but then take a week annual leave, my date of starting ML is going to be Mon 27th Jan?

The reason for doing this is partly financial but also I seem to recall we have to return to work within 52 weeks of starting ML so this means I am delaying my return to work date in 2015?

Champagnebubble Wed 25-Sep-13 14:00:46

Julietee Wed 25-Sep-13 14:15:18

Tip for (Calf) cramps:
When you feel one coming on, gently pull your foot up towards your shin. I have a history of terribly painful ones and this keeps them at bay.

sunflowered Wed 25-Sep-13 14:23:57

How about a guerilla snap and shame campaign at your local station? Or on facebook? [evil emoticon...]

champagne I got measured at bravissimo but they didn't have much in stock - the lady who measured me just said go straight to the Freya website to get attractive, well fitting bras now I know the right sort of size, but they're going to have to wait until payday. Will let you know if I find any good online outlet type sites when I start exploring properly next week.

Somanychanges Wed 25-Sep-13 14:27:05

Jazz that would be hilarious! Poor guy would start avoiding you in the queue I bet.

Zazou sorry to hear about the GD but fingers crossed nothing else will come of the tests. We are all here to keep you occupied and help you along with your wait.

I am having a good day, can you believe it. Probably because I have hardly done anything and just rested. Roll on 3 I clock when my son gets home from school and the day descends into chaos. grin

I went to docs earlier to see if there was anything else I could do about tiredness, she just said take an extra iron tablet. So that's 3 a day now plus the anti sickness, I fear I may never poo again. sad

Maybe I actually need to start doing some exercise. Even though I am so exhausted I am sure it will help. Going to get a maternity swimming costume from my friend and start swimming I think.

Thanks for starting the new thread dawn love the name. We can all give our DH a treat with one of those full body stockings I posted on Facebook even covers the face. My husband would probably be quite happy with that as with all the moaning I have been doing I think he is staying out of my way.

sunflowered Wed 25-Sep-13 15:05:10

Didn't realise we could finish as early as 29 weeks + with a/l that means I could finish on 21st November grin So tempted... My entire office is making me angry today. Would have to economise a bit though. Baby doesn't need clothes, right...?

Champagnebubble Wed 25-Sep-13 15:15:46

This thread is not accepting new messages.