Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2014 (earliest of early days yet!)

(1001 Posts)
wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 09:39:33

I decided to take a peek into the antenatal club threads, but there's no June thread yet, although for good reason.

I may be jinxing myself here, but after a couple very very faint positives on ICs for the last couple days I got a positive on an FRER this morning, so thought it would be safe to start one up.

Of course, still early days, but if it sticks my due date will be 3-5 June, depending on several websites.... What can I say, I tested early!

I hope someone comes to join me soon. There have to be some more recent BFPs....

wispaxmas Tue 15-Oct-13 19:38:34

Engels, that's utter crap.

Haven't had a chance to read, just noticed we were at the threshold of filling the thread, so new one here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1882784-June-2014-Booking-in-come-join-the-fun

mumof5plusazoo Tue 15-Oct-13 19:38:14

Ibelieveinengels
I'm so sorry to read your news, take care of yourself.

AuntPittypat Tue 15-Oct-13 19:38:05

Oh no Engels. I'm so sorry. I never know what to say, but am thinking of you and hope you're as ok as can possibly be expected. thanks

IBelieveInEngels Tue 15-Oct-13 19:18:01

Think I will be bowing out ladies.

Have had bleeding and menstrual like cramps all day. Spoke to mw who said I should take a pg test in a week and then give them a call whatever the outcome, but from my description she agreed it sounded like a mc. I'm 99% sure it was a mc (I had one before DS at 6 weeks as well).

Just sucks that it had to happen on DS's birthday (2 today!), though at least he's not old enough to really notice that something was going on and I could give him an extra big cuddle this evening before bed.

Wish you all the best for the next 8 months and hope you all have sticky beans.

Welcome junebaby! New to pregnancy or new to Mumsnet? (Or both!?)

junebaby2014 Tue 15-Oct-13 17:38:08

Im due a June baby also!! New to this i need help shock x

Hello all - welcome Typhoon and other newbies.

All this early scan talk is giving me itchy feelings! I might cave in and just go along.....

bludgerwitch Tue 15-Oct-13 17:16:03

Twas a tiny dildo, though!

I am going back for a scan on the 22nd so things will become clear then. If it's implanted a bit later that is enough uncertainty to account for things, I'm just annoyed the midwife didn't say anything and I didn't think too ask, I was too excited about everything being there that was supposed to be there.

MarlenaGru Tue 15-Oct-13 17:13:57

Hi typhoon, wow we have a similar gap although I only have one! It is a bit scary doing it all over again.

typhoonsmum Tue 15-Oct-13 17:10:12

Hello Everyone. Can I join you all. I am 5w3d pg and still not told many people for obvious reasons. This is my 5th Pregnancy. Have had 2 MC and have 2 delightful children but it has been 7 years since I was last pregnant and am a little wary.. I am 35 next month and realise I am not getting any younger

Bezzabelle Tue 15-Oct-13 16:28:16

Hmmmm, that sounds painful!!!

SicknSpan Tue 15-Oct-13 16:12:38

Hype remedies? Hyperemesis!

Fnar at dildo cam tiny!

SicknSpan Tue 15-Oct-13 16:09:08

Gilly your mum and sister sound lovely. Take the opportunity for your dp/h and you to look after each other and particularly be kind to yourself whilst you take things a bit easier- especially if you are feeling a bit nervous. I reckon the first trimester is nice for making you feel closer, before much else changes. (Once you are past your first baby though, forget it- there's no blardy time!)

bezza in previous ones I think it was before about 8 weeks I had an internal one- more chance of seeing it that way. mumof5 you might have more experience than me though! Ever had to have an early scan? When do they start doing external ones?

Currently addicted to haribo (there was a lovely poster called AddictedToHaribo when I had hype remedies before, I know what she meant now!) they are tiny enough to not make me puke if I suck them v v slowly. Drugs working, yay! Feel utterly useless though and can barely keep awake, let alone do anything housework or normal work wise. Will stay at home tomorrow again though and go back to the office on Thursday. Feel guilty about this sad

TinyTear Tue 15-Oct-13 15:59:06

it's what I call internal scans...

A probe that looks like a dildo with a condom
;-)

PJen Tue 15-Oct-13 15:59:03

Hello ladies,
I am 5 hours behind and every morning I sit and read your posts while sipping my tea. smile
Liquidambar I don’t. They are over the counter here. I don’t know if they are available in UK. There is no other ingredients besides organic ginger and I checked with my pharmacist and they are okay during pregnancy.
Vicky with DC1 I was in London and nobody wanted to see me before 9 weeks. I had some bleeding and went to prenatal and got 3 early scans (6, 7 and 9 weeks) before I even see midwife smile
cheesy yes, you are right! 6 weeks is the nausea kick in time for most smile
MTMD Welcome!!
Wispa did you have turkey dinner on Sunday? Glad you booked your 8+3. I love the early scans, they are reassuring and although at 5 or 6 weeks you may not be reassuring (as it is too early) by 8 weeks you should be okay to see hopefully a little peanut there. I am with a recurrent miscarriage clinic and they scan me every 2 weeks, which I appreciate.
Welcome clutter. Oh god, 35 is so young at these ages or at least among my friends! Don’t worry about it as there are more moms over 35 than ever. You will be a lovely mom and please don’t call us ‘mature” smile
Penguin congrats on the CB showing 3+
tinytear I bet you are counting the days till Friday. GOOD LUCK!! My next one is on Monday and I can’t wait.
bludgerwitch don’t worry as 6 weeks is a bit too early to see clear scans. It really depends on the ultrasound machine and the technicians competency and if the machine is a bit old they can’t find anything. In my 6 weeks scan, they first told me they can’t find anything and if I was sure I emptied my bladder?! I went and tried to push some pee out and went back in and they tried again. I was dying from anxiety but then they finally after half an hour could locate the heartbeats. The scans at 7 and 8 weeks are much more clear. Are you going back for another one later?

Bezzabelle Tue 15-Oct-13 15:48:16

I was on carbimazole but nothing now since June

Dildo cam???? Wtf???

TinyTear Tue 15-Oct-13 15:44:29

Hi bezza I also have thyroid issues, I'm now on 150mcg thyroxine and before pregnancy was on 125mcg

For m early scans were all with dildo cam...

VickyVix Tue 15-Oct-13 15:44:03

Afternoon ladies, i have a beginners question for you (sorry).

So, due date calendars typically use the first day of your last AF to date the pregnancy, making me about 4w+6 BUT what about if you went all high tech with OPKs etc? If I use the ovulation method to calc then that puts me around 4w+0

So, if I want to book a doc appointment as soon as possible (they won't see me until 6weeks) which calculator should I really use?

Of course I used OPKs and am pretty sure when I ov'd but the doc doesn't know that and I'm not 100% sure.

Similarly, I really want to get a private scan done to see if the bean develops a heartbeat, I really need the reassurance and have been looking at places on Harley Street (I'm based in London) for that they suggest around 7 weeks I think for the earliest.

Am I best just telling doc dates based on AF but booking my early scan based on ov dates? think I'll try to hold until 8 weeks for the early scan, so difficult just waiting already though.

All advice greatly appreciated smile

GillyBillyWilly Tue 15-Oct-13 15:38:25

I've decided not to have an early scan and just wait for my 12 week scan on 20th nov.

I talked to my mum and sister who both said to wait... Their opinion is that early scans could give false hope and 12 weeks is much better and much more to see and hear!
So I will wait. And keep everything crossed and hope for the best smile

It's an exciting time but I do feel anxious. Just need to try and relax and stay positive and happy!

And hi fox! Hope you're well? smile brewthanks

Bezzabelle Tue 15-Oct-13 15:37:47

Sick- I have a thyroid issue and also had a placenta abruption when in labour with ds so that's why I have consultant appt but didn't know if the scan would be an internal one as never had an early one with ds? Surely they won't see anything if they did a normal belly one?

SicknSpan Tue 15-Oct-13 15:28:49

bezza are they doing it to rule out other complications that could be causing the sickness? Eg multiples? (!!) I had those with both ds1 and ds2, not this time round though for some reason. Plus did you say before this is a high risk pg? If so that could explain it I guess?

clutter I forgot to say too that if you are an "old" mum then I must be too. 37 here, on no.3 also smile

MarlenaGru Tue 15-Oct-13 15:15:06

Agree about the one day thing. It makes a huge difference at this stage. Pregnancy is a worry from the moment of conception.

TinyTear Tue 15-Oct-13 14:32:38

Aw bludger, sometime just a difference of one day is massive at this stage, you might still be ok... and even though we know when we ovulate, we can't be 100% sure even with OPK and sometimes it can take a day...

MarlenaGru Tue 15-Oct-13 14:30:13

You can only see a heartbeat at that stage on an internal scan. I had one at around 6 weeks last time and saw a heartbeat on the blob!
I am tempted to go to the same place as Gilly in 3 weeks for reassurance this time.

FoxMulder Tue 15-Oct-13 14:28:40

Hi Gilly, I'm not stalking you honest (ok, I am a bit, I wanted to see how you were getting on) but I had a scan at 7+4 and you only see a blob but there was a definite flickering heartbeat.

This thread is not accepting new messages.