Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2014 (earliest of early days yet!)

(1001 Posts)
wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 09:39:33

I decided to take a peek into the antenatal club threads, but there's no June thread yet, although for good reason.

I may be jinxing myself here, but after a couple very very faint positives on ICs for the last couple days I got a positive on an FRER this morning, so thought it would be safe to start one up.

Of course, still early days, but if it sticks my due date will be 3-5 June, depending on several websites.... What can I say, I tested early!

I hope someone comes to join me soon. There have to be some more recent BFPs....

LittleMissPear Tue 24-Sep-13 08:54:38

Morning ladies, I've just added myself to the may thread but I might be better off in here. Got my bfp on Saturday and confirmed this morning with a CB says 1-2 weeks. So happy! This is my first. Could be may or June depending on which calculator I use!
I'm a bit nervous that it might all go wrong, not got any symptoms yet apart from a few waves if nausea which I might be imagining! smile Eeeek

TinyTear Tue 24-Sep-13 09:14:25

Hello LittleMiss

It's better to be here... MY daughter was due 29 Jan by the NHS dates and 1st Feb by mine and I joined the Feb groups. It was better than see people 4 whole weeks ahead (which is a massive time in early pregnancy and then waiting for the births)
:-)

I never seem to get due dates in the middle of the month, even with the miscarriages...

Good luck! I didn't have many symptoms with my daughter other than a big sensitivity to smell. i nearly was sick at work when one colleague was drinking red bull and eating salt & vinegar crisps... the smell was too much for me!

(in other news I am hanging on in here, just teeny spotting so i am hoping and hoping)

wispaxmas Tue 24-Sep-13 09:42:59

Hi little miss, don't worry, no real symptoms here, either, unless you count one overly attentive dog?

June really is the best month, though I mig be biased as a June baby myself smile

blargl Tue 24-Sep-13 10:37:52

tinytear hope everything is ok - get it checked out - all the waiting around is just hideous.

misty - wispa is right - seeing the weeks change on a digi is reassuring. or you could just watch lines getting (hopefully) darker on dye tests.

I've been obsessively checking on cheapies and have seen the line get darker smile

blargl Tue 24-Sep-13 10:39:37

and welcome to littlemiss . don't worry about the no symptoms - they're meant to kick in about 5/6 weeks. for me that definitely happened before. you will know when the nausea starts! The highlight for me was puking up my breakfast in the work toilets.

bludgerwitch Tue 24-Sep-13 12:38:14

Hi, I'm June 2nd!!!! I am cautiously excited, I felt rotten last week and have a GP appointment on Friday, now I'll actually be able to tell him I know the cause grin grin grin

I did a test on Friday and thought it was negative, fished it out of the bin a few hours later because I'm obsessed at it was positive!!! Ran out to get a digital and got 1-2 weeks pregnant - I've been doing daily tests since because I can't believe it.

wispaxmas Tue 24-Sep-13 17:05:11

I haven't tested since I for my positive yesterday (it was only yesterday??) - I'm saving my second CBD to use on the weekend, as I want to see it say 2-3 instead of 1-2 before I really feel it's happening.

As this will be our first I'm a bit overwhelmed. My H is giddy, it's adorable, and our dog won't leave me alone. She is currently curled up right beside me on the couch, head on my lap.

I've got an appointment at my GP for next Monday, but not sure what to expect, really. It's going to be an interesting situation, taking the train back up here for scans and appointments from Paris. Weird, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Mixology Tue 24-Sep-13 19:35:31

Hello all!

Firstly TinyTear, I hope all is well. I had a mms in July and know how hard it is.

I am very tentatively joining as I just today got a fr line... I can barely dare to hope but am terrified at the same time. I am only cd 19 which is insanely early. To make matters worse I drank quite a bit last night and went in a sauna :-(. I had been relatively sure that We hadn't done enough this month and now I already am sick with guilt.

Good luck to everyone!

wispaxmas Tue 24-Sep-13 20:10:46

Hello! Don't feel guilty, not much can have an effect yet!

TinyTear Tue 24-Sep-13 20:53:21

Hello. The spotting stopped so just have to wait and see.
Tomorrow at the GP shall ask for bloods to check the levels are rising and also for an early scan, considering my history

Hope it's a nice GP as I just asked for the first appointment they had and not my usual one.

TinyTear Tue 24-Sep-13 20:54:16

And mixology don't feel bad x

wispaxmas Tue 24-Sep-13 21:08:12

Fingers crossed, tiny!

bludgerwitch Tue 24-Sep-13 21:11:55

TinyTear Hope all goes well, fx!

I've had twinging bits all day, still paranoid because it feels SO much like AF arriving when I know all the books say it's normal that the first phase of pregnancy feels like PMS. Still, grump! Working 11-8 was loooong, too, I was ready for a nap halfway through.

Mistyautumn Tue 24-Sep-13 21:28:55

As anticipated I cracked and poas on another cbd. Very pleased to say it has gone from 1-2 weeks to 2-3. Especially happy as I did it when I came home from work and not with fmu as I should have.

Oping that means that at least it is not ectopic. Xx

Mistyautumn Tue 24-Sep-13 21:29:11

hoping*

blargl Tue 24-Sep-13 21:47:53

misty yep that should mean it's not. That's why I was pleased to see 2-3 yesterday (I didn't get a 1-2 but I reckon that is good too - ectopics usually don't start high). As I've had a previous ep I have had 1 blood test and am due for a second tomorrow to check levels are rising. The line has been getting steadily darker on my cheapies so I'm hoping to have this confirmed tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Good news tiny and good luck for bloods smile if they say no to an early scan and you feel really worried uou could always go to the EPU direct? Mine will take you without a gp referral (mayday in Croydon).

TinyTear Wed 25-Sep-13 07:49:15

The EPU here needs a GP referral but can be the A&E GP (did it once on my miscarriages when I was bleeding more)

I might pay £100 in a private clinic to have one between 7 and 10 weeks if the GP won't refer... I'll see how it goes...

So far, it's been fine... I have the test with the numbers ready to take but not sure when I should do it... I'll wait for the appointment and see how it goes...

bludgerwitch Wed 25-Sep-13 09:41:05

I'm thinking of paying private for a nuchal scan, just for added peace of mind, as you can't get them in NI.

I have about 15 internet cheapies left so I can POAS in peace, but I did buy another digital to see it change from 1-2 at the end of the week (before my GP appointment).

My boobs are starting to hurt! They're already quite big so soon I won't get a bra soon, and going around roundabouts hurts because my arms squish them!

TinyTear Wed 25-Sep-13 10:01:57

I'm still breastfeeding my 20 month old daughter, so hope they don't hurt tooo much, wasn't stupidly bad last time...

bludger a friend of mine told me about this blood test called Harmony that gives accurate results for Down's and is non invasive.

If I get high risk on the NT scan (odd you don't get them in NI) i might shell out for that...

LittleMissPear Wed 25-Sep-13 10:40:44

Morning ladies, I'm a bit worried this morning. Got to work and had some bleeding, not a huge amount but bright red on the paper when I wiped. I've now got a bit of period cramping sad. What should I do, should I call the gp? Could it turn out to be ok?

LittleMissPear Wed 25-Sep-13 10:40:53

Morning ladies, I'm a bit worried this morning. Got to work and had some bleeding, not a huge amount but bright red on the paper when I wiped. I've now got a bit of period cramping sad. What should I do, should I call the gp? Could it turn out to be ok?

wispaxmas Wed 25-Sep-13 11:19:49

I hope it's nothing, little miss! I've never been pregnant before, so I don't have all the answers, but I've read that spotting in the first few weeks is quite common. Worrying, none the less though.

I'm 4 weeks today. Seems like nothing, actually. I'm wondering about the early symptoms. I think I'm a bit anxious, as if until the symptoms start it won't be real.

However, I'm wondering if these are symptoms: I'm usually a really heavy sleeper, but I've been waking up several times in the night and having difficulty getting back to sleep, and I'm currently STARVING. I've already had two slices of toast this morning and a bag of crisps. I'm used to only having one slice of toast in the morning with my coffee and being fine until lunch!

TinyTear Wed 25-Sep-13 11:40:48

LittleMiss, can be ok, I know people who had massive bleeding in pregnancy and had lovely babies...

www.babycentre.co.uk/a3081/vaginal-spotting-or-bleeding-in-pregnancy

Keep an eye on it, how far along are you? have you had a GP appointment?

I think before 5 or 6 weeks they don't do anything as it's only at 6 weeks you can see a flicker of heartbeat on the scans...

it could still be ok...

I just had my GP appointment, I am apparently 4+3 and this afternoon will get my tyroid function blood test done to check my dose.

I also hope to be referred to a 8w scan because of my previous history...

LittleMissPear Wed 25-Sep-13 12:25:41

Thanks Wispa and tinytear - I've just seen the GP (I worked right next door to the surgery so thought I might as well pop over). She said all the things that I already know - that I just have to wait and see. At least I'm in the system now and I have another appointment booked in three weeks to check how I am doing. She said she was a great believer in preparing for the worst but hoping for the best - so I'm going to do that!

blargl Wed 25-Sep-13 17:07:07

Good luck littlemiss. The worst bit about early preg is all the waiting.

I had my blood tests back and the hormone levels have doubled so it's not ectopic! First hurdle cleared.

This thread is not accepting new messages.