Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2014 (earliest of early days yet!)

(1001 Posts)
wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 09:39:33

I decided to take a peek into the antenatal club threads, but there's no June thread yet, although for good reason.

I may be jinxing myself here, but after a couple very very faint positives on ICs for the last couple days I got a positive on an FRER this morning, so thought it would be safe to start one up.

Of course, still early days, but if it sticks my due date will be 3-5 June, depending on several websites.... What can I say, I tested early!

I hope someone comes to join me soon. There have to be some more recent BFPs....

georgeannaskala Mon 23-Sep-13 09:50:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Congrat wispax if you are lonely in here til you start getting more June BFPs then pop your head in the May column, we've got quite a few people in there who have just found out they are pregnant.

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 11:44:29

Hello whispers

BFP yesterday and due date od 1st June according to a NHS calculator...

But 3 mc before my daughter so I know that a line on a test means NOTHING...

Have GP on wednesday to update my thyroxine (am on 125mcgm daily) as I was told it will need to go up dramatically.

Also staring to change my diet as got GD in previous pregnancy so want to try and control it soon with diet...

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 11:45:08

I was whispering, not calling you whispers, wispa

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 11:52:27

And not sure I want to join May... everyone will be so advanced already! <scared>

wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 11:57:54

Yay, another June due date!

I know what you mean by 'the line means nothing', but this is my first pregnancy, so I don't really have any good reason for feeling that way. Hopefully your appointment goes well. I've booked myself in for next Monday, but I've no idea what to expect. I'm moving to Paris in 2 weeks, so worrying a bit about having to find a doctor there ASAP to get antenatal appointments and scans set up.

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 12:11:57

oh so sorry, i don't want to ruin your excitement!!

Statistics say 1 in 4 pregnancies ends in mc, but as I had 3 out of 4, I am improving statistics for other people... (I have to be pragmatic and as I am 40 odds aren't on my side as much...)

Enjoy your pregnancy! I think in France somethings are different to the UK, I think they calculate due dates differently (usually one or two weeks later than the UK, I've been told) so you may be well into June...

blargl Mon 23-Sep-13 13:35:42

Hello wispa and tiny. I'm very very tentatively joining in. Got bfp on sat, edd 2 june. As I've had an ectopic and an mmc I went to the EPU today for bloods today and wed to confirm it's not ectopic. I don't think it is as I had a strong positive on sat with a FRER which given the generally low hcg levels with ectopics I think is a good sign. However if it isn't ectopic the fear of mc is going to be overwhelming. Oh plus I'm moving house on Thursday! Stressful week. ..

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 13:52:35

Hello blargl
Good luck with your bloods!
Are you moving far? Let your partner do most of the lifting and carrying - good excuse!

I think I will probably have some done to check my thyroid levels, but I am hoping the GP will up the dose straight away before the results come in...

I'm in London BTW and shall be going to the Royal Free hospital all going well...

wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 13:53:43

Hi blargl, I hope you get past the harrowing early days and have a healthy pregnancy. Anyone joining this thread now will be in the same stage of pregnancy, but while we all worry I understand you and tiny will have a bit stronger worries due to your histories. Surely you're due some good news this time around!

blargl Mon 23-Sep-13 13:59:33

Thanks ladies. I'm swinging between convincing myself it'll be fine and terrifying myself that it won't! Mmc was in July - not long ago at all - so it was a bit of a bad flashback going back to the EPU this morning.

Not moving far but lots of packing to do! I'm in south London so have been seen at mayday so far

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 14:05:47

I am trying to keep positive as before I used to fall pregnant really easily and it was the sticky ones that were hard to come by...

Then after tests at the Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic came back normal, I managed a healthy pregnancy.

Now it took 9 months to get the BFP (apart from a chemical in March) so I am trying to tell myself my body learnt to only keep the viable ones... A bit silly, but trying to keep on hope (the loss of innocence was another bad thing about the mcs... can't enjoy and relax)

wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 14:12:45

Blargl, I'm in the borough of bromley, though I doubt when you say South London you mean that far south wink

We're moving in two weeks.... To Paris. But only for 6 months due to hubby's work. I've got to try to sort out antenatal appointments when I'm there, though.. Eep.

Just did a digital test to confirm and it came up pregnant 1-2. Much better than waiting for a line to show up! Still early days, but I'm ridiculously excited.

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 14:29:04

wispa so you will have the baby in the UK in the end then?

Maybe book in here and just pop on the Eurostar for the appointments?

wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 14:47:58

Yes, I'll be back in the UK by the end of March most likely.

blargl Mon 23-Sep-13 14:58:20

Wispa - even further south - I'm in Croydon! Are you excited about the move to France? I wonder will the pg advice / care be different to here...

Yep I too indulged in a digi today. Said 2-3 weeks so I'm reassured my hcg levels are good.

Tiny - 9 months is long. All in I've been ttc for over a year. Feels like forever and I so hope this one sticks around.

Today my theme tune is "just haven't met you yet" - it's what I listened to after the mc to convince myself I would meet my baby one day (soppy or what? !). Heard it at a wedding on Sat so I'm telling myself it's a good omen! How silly am I?!

wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 15:02:52

I'm all for omens and Michael Buble grin

have you considered looking up way the actual hcg levels get the reading 2-3 wks? I'm only 12dpo and got 1-2 midday after drinking loads. My first response was so light this morning I expected the cbd to be a bfn!

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 15:11:43

Omens are always good!

Tempted to get one of those that tell you the weeks... might indulge if still going well next week...

blargl Mon 23-Sep-13 16:38:31

Yep wispa - I did look it up. 200 - 2000 hcg gives you 2-3 weeks on the cb digi.

The epu just called with my blood results and this morning the level was 378. Hopefully this is good for 15dpo. Gotta go back wed for a retest. The wait is going to seem loooooong!

TinyTear Mon 23-Sep-13 20:35:58

Hmmm I think I jinxed things by joining the conversation.
Some bleeding has started and while I know of people who bleed through pregnancy it never boded well for me.

I'll wait and see and retest on Wednesday

wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 21:12:14

Oh no, tiny, I hope it's nothing. Get it checked out asapthanks

Mistyautumn Tue 24-Sep-13 07:06:28

Hi ladies I think I am going to hover on the sidelines around here for a while. Not sure i a ready to throw myself in fully to the conversations yet but I got my BFP on sat am. Had a cbd tell me 1-2 weeks but hoping I just ov'd a few days later than i thought as I used OPKs but didn't temp.

wispa I don't live there now but grew up in Orpington

wispaxmas Tue 24-Sep-13 07:36:37

Hi misty, do you have another clearblue digital? It you test again later this week you should see the weeks change. I'm planning to do that, as even though it said pregnant, 1-2 weeks is nothing and mightn't stick!

TinyTear Tue 24-Sep-13 08:18:22

The bad news this morning is there is still some blood. the good news is that isn't not a big gush (apologies for TMI) and it's just spotting so far...

I think I would be 4w+2d so too early to do anything at all whatsoever...

I will test again tomorrow morning and have my GP appointment to review meds...

I have to be pragmatic, if it doesn't happen... try and try again... sniff

This thread is not accepting new messages.