Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

MARTIANS 2014 - Thread 9: Heartbeats, hormones and more Gregg's pasties than you can shake a stick at!

(1001 Posts)
greymoose Sat 21-Sep-13 08:29:21

Old thread!

Stats spreadsheet thanks to MTB

If you want to join the Facebook pm me your link and I'll get you added!

Welcome Martians!

IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:39:55

The end!

IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:39:10
IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:38:52
IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:38:33
IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:38:10
IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:37:51
IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:37:27
Prambo Wed 25-Sep-13 21:32:04

Thanks, girls, for house cheerings. Was it BWP who mentioned the missing kitchen drawers? I'm on it. I can't cope with a shoddy kitchen with the amount of time I spend cooking, so that's really important to me.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow, RockChick. You enjoying your anniversary evening? wink

Gawjus, I just can't get you out of my head. Remember, won't you, that we are your friends thanks

IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:20:55

Saggy flowers

We've seen a lot on the thread and no doubt have lots more to come. Please don't you (or anyone) worry about bringing us down. We're here for the good and the hard stuff.

I love you guys <channels the Goonies>

IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 21:18:02

Hey fellow Martians. I'm still here, I wanted to come back but I didn't want to bring the tone of the happy thread down.
In case anyone hasn't had a peek on my other thread, The CVS confirmed that the baby has Down's and a possible heart defect. We are carrying on with the pg, but coming to terms with things is hard. People have generally been lovely, and the support here on MN is mind blowing.
Anyway, I'm still here, still a Martian, I'm just lying low till I get my head straightened out. Lots of love and happiness to you all. Saggy. x

IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 20:34:58

Pramelarrr not sure if I said this but I'm so pleased you got the house you wanted. It must be a huge relief. And now you can start settling in, setting up the baby's room, all that fun smile

BadlyWrittenPoem Wed 25-Sep-13 19:26:11

And the only time I had difficulty manouvering was when DDs head was out because having a babies head there kind of makes it more difficult to move your legs.

BadlyWrittenPoem Wed 25-Sep-13 19:25:05

Hope gawj is okay.

BadlyWrittenPoem Wed 25-Sep-13 19:24:16

I've not watched this hippy birth but it doesn't sound much like my homebirth. And there certainly wasn't poo everywhere with mine. I pood on the toilet before I got in the pool and then when I got out for the placenta I was on an old duvet (which we planned to bin) which the MWs popped a couple of those absorbent mats on the same as you have in hospital. DD1 kept exclaiming at how messy she thought it was which really made the MWs laugh because it wasn't at all. (I don't know whether I pood at all in the pool as DH doesn't know but the only things I noticed in it were white greasy stuff (which I realised after she was born was vernix which must've been in my waters) and then when my placenta detached the water turned red.)

MummyPig24 Wed 25-Sep-13 19:23:42

During my last labour the pain in my fanjo bone was so excruciating I couldn't stand up! I sat on the edge of the bed for a few hours. Then I had to get changed and walk down the fucking stairs to the delivery room. I never expected that kind of pain, it was so bloody weird.

I'm saving that video for later, dh is going to freak out!

Our drain outside the back door is blocked and it bloody stinks. I've text the landlord but not sure if it's his domain or up to us to sort it out. It's probably dhs our fault for rinsing fat down the plug. And mine for having stupid hair that moults.

HotCrossPun Wed 25-Sep-13 19:00:37

Yes Lyra, yes you are. <serious face>

I'm going to have to watch this now, aren't I?

HotCrossPun Wed 25-Sep-13 18:35:44

To be fair, he did have his hands full grin

That is exactly the reason why giving birth on a trolly, on my back, is my worst nightmare. Being in the pool I can get into whatever position I need to without too much effort.

Prambo Wed 25-Sep-13 18:30:04

On a serious note, this lady was very fit by the looks of it and it seems to be the case that much larger women struggle during labour. I hope no-one of a more voluminous shape is offended by that comment. It just seems to be the case whenever I watch The Midwives. I really hope to be able to squat, move around and turn over at the drop of a hat. I seriously want to remain mobile.

Hottie, three minutes had passed since the birth and poor 'Lee' was still mopping up shit. He hadn't even looked at the baby! shock

sad

IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 18:27:37

Ah, sorry, there are some folks there. My FB didn't show comments for some reason. Sorry.

IceNoSlice Wed 25-Sep-13 18:25:55

Folks, gawj needs us on FB and I have no idea what to say, please help.

HotCrossPun Wed 25-Sep-13 18:22:15

Pram grin

Seeing all those blankets and pillows was stressing me out. The shit was getting trampled through everything and they were all getting chucked about. I loved Jack Sparrow trying to clean her up afterwards. What was the point? She was lying on 18 shit covered tweed blankets and the kids had already crawled through it grin

I'll be in the birthing pool. No mess. And if I do have to get out I'll have plastic sheeting and then one white sheet on top.

OwlinaTree Wed 25-Sep-13 18:19:57

Congrats on the new pad pram

This thread is not accepting new messages.