Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

MARTIANS 2014 - Thread 9: Heartbeats, hormones and more Gregg's pasties than you can shake a stick at!

(1001 Posts)
greymoose Sat 21-Sep-13 08:29:21

Old thread!

Stats spreadsheet thanks to MTB

If you want to join the Facebook pm me your link and I'll get you added!

Welcome Martians!

sunshinemeg Sat 21-Sep-13 08:30:52

Wow that last thread went fast!!!

Fingers crossed I manage to part exchange my car today for a sensible family model hmm

commsgirl Sat 21-Sep-13 08:37:06

I've lost the ability to have a lie in sad

Rockchick1984 Sat 21-Sep-13 08:37:31

Thanks Grey just typed your name as Greg first time, am clearly getting into the pasty spirit smile

greymoose Sat 21-Sep-13 08:41:54

sunshine if you blink they're gone! ooh how exciting, what are you going for?!

comms me too, are you also still exhausted but not able to go back to sleep?!

rock nothing wrong with that!

have messaged mnhq to get the errors sorted confused (of which there are many!)

sunshinemeg Sat 21-Sep-13 08:47:46

I have never before had a nice car, my first was a polo (very old) if I dared take it above 50mph it would backfire! I worked my butt off and took on a 3 year finance agreement for a Peugeot 207cc just under 2 years ago. Sadly it has no back seat to think off so we are trading it in for most likely a ford focus. I'm proud of myself as I paid for that car all on my own. New car will be a family one so will pay for it together.

sunshinemeg Sat 21-Sep-13 08:48:24

Comms I am taking the lack of being able to lie in as motherhood practise x

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sat 21-Sep-13 08:48:30

Morning ladies!!!

comms me 2!! I would desperately love a lie in but I have t been able to lie in in a few weeks. I'm awake by 7am every morning needing a wee!! But at least I'm not awake every night in the middle of the night needing a wee like I was a few weeks ago ...... <trying to be positive but I'm knackered!!>

I'm hoping to try and get some maternity clothes today - any ideas of where to look? I was thinking H&M? I've got a tiny bump - but to anyone else I probably look like I've eaten to many pies!! But I know it's my bump!!! grin

Happy weekend everyone!!

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sat 21-Sep-13 08:49:32

sunshine I have a ford focus - it's fab! Are you going today? Have fun!!

MummyPig24 Sat 21-Sep-13 08:53:12

I posted this at the end of the old thread without realising we had moved on so I'm re posting here.

Owl I don't think anyone objects to you talking about your personal experience.

I've just got a letter from the hospital saying they have booked me an appointment on nov 5th for the obstetrics clinic. It doesn't say what for though! The number on the top says only mon-fri so I can't phone to find out. I'm guessing its because of my bmi and I'm not going to be able to have the baby in the birth centre I wanted to. I feel like crying, it's my fault and I'm putting my baby at risk by being fat.

Rockchick1984 Sat 21-Sep-13 08:55:46

Comms I had a gorgeous, completely impractical car when I found out I was having DS, was about 18 months into a finance agreement. Check how much the outstanding finance is, and also if you can just hand the car back without penalty (usually can once halfway through these type of deals) and see which one works out better. When I got rid of mine I got £2k more by part exchanging than the finance outstanding, whereas my friend couldn't part ex for the value so would have had to pay some cash to get out of the HP - she handed it back and walked away, far better for her!

commsgirl Sat 21-Sep-13 09:00:43

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm so tired but wake up for a wee and that's it!

Rock it's sunshine with the car smile.

Raspberry H&M definitely. Topshop have got some nice things in. I've just bought a couple of pairs of jeans and tights so far, I'm getting away with all my normal clothes apart from that.

Rockchick1984 Sat 21-Sep-13 09:01:38

Mummy there's no point crying about it - you can certainly minimise any potential problems by watching what you eat and not gaining any unnecessary weight. Are you very overweight (if you don't mind me asking)? I gained a stupid amount of weight when having DS and midwife was happy to sign off on me attending slimming world during this pregnancy to help me not to gain so much this time, would that be something worth thinking about? I decided not to go in the end, but only because I've managed to keep an eye on it myself so far.

Rockchick1984 Sat 21-Sep-13 09:03:41

Whoops, I'm so dizzy, can't even get names right grin

Prambo Sat 21-Sep-13 09:08:28

MummyPig, I don't know what to say to make you feel better. I feel like a shit mum-to-be because I am a recovering alkie with no money or career, so I know how it feels to think you are somehow letting baby down before it's even born and that somehow we could have got our shit together if we had only done things differently.

You are a fantastic mum with a hubby who loves you. Fuck the fattists. It's only the NHS and that institution is full of fatties and alcoholics. Here, have these: thanks

OwlinaTree Sat 21-Sep-13 09:09:27

Thanks mummy. I'm sure you are not putting your baby at risk. They will want to just check everything out to look after both you and the baby and give you both the best. I don't much about birth centres I'm afraid, but could you discuss this with the clinic when you go? Ask them how could it be managed so you could go to the birth centre? Remember unless you are being induced you can still use a lot of the active birth techniques in a hospital if you do give birth there.

SoSurprised Sat 21-Sep-13 09:11:48

Marking my place. I may go shopping today as well. I have been scouring H&M but haven't found anything good

greymoose Sat 21-Sep-13 09:15:09

sunshine so you should be! raspberrys approves so cant be bad! love getting a new car! rock we're currently trying to sell our impractical mini sad i love that car.

mummy it might not even be that! and if it is there are many ways they'll be able to advise you! don't beat yourself up about it, you are doing everything you can for your baby! flowers

apprenticemamma Sat 21-Sep-13 09:17:27

Morning all...just marking thread. Am also shopping for gifts I have to get sadly. ..but might swing by h and m also. Dh giving me rest of day ds free so I can get a work project done so going to try hard to stay off mumsnet. Eek.

Prambo Sat 21-Sep-13 09:19:48

MummyPig, just double-checked your photos on fb and you can have my body (although you really wouldn't want to) if I can have your gorgeous face.

MummyPig24 Sat 21-Sep-13 09:20:17

I'm not hugely overweight no. I'm a size 16. Which probably sounds massive to most people and I know I need to lose weight. I have been watching what I eat (and I've not been able to eat hardly anything due to nausea!) I was a few stone lighter when I had ds but when I had dd I was the same. Both births were totally normal and babies healthy so I hope they take that into account.

MummyPig24 Sat 21-Sep-13 09:22:21

Thanks everyone, especially pram, well done on changing your life so drastically.

x0gawjus0x Sat 21-Sep-13 09:22:52

ahem this is thread 9 NOT thread 8 silly

x0gawjus0x Sat 21-Sep-13 09:25:03

Cant stop crying when I watch midwives or obem lol sad

greymoose Sat 21-Sep-13 09:28:14

gaw I know I'm an idiot at the moment haha! have contacted mnhq to see if they can fix all my errors!

mummy stay positive as much as you can! Xxxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.