Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2014 - Thread 2 or 3 depending on which way you count!

(994 Posts)
LeeHandy Tue 17-Sep-13 17:57:20

Hello ladies.. the previous thread is almost full so I thought it's time to move on to a new one to mark the start of trimester 2. Here's to fewer bouts of sickness and more "glowing" all around!

cookielove Mon 23-Sep-13 22:34:14

Scan tomorrow smile

Sooo excited 12+4

Chasingclouds Mon 23-Sep-13 23:07:44

Aaahh how lovely best of luck tomorrow cookie hope everything is perfect and you gets some great pics of your little one! I wish it was mine tomorrow I've no date yet.

prettyinpink90 Tue 24-Sep-13 08:37:41

Good luck for your scan today cookie!

cookielove Tue 24-Sep-13 16:26:25

Thank you for the last luck. However I found out the baby died at 8+ weeks. So sorry ladies I will be leaving you sad

LightTripper Tue 24-Sep-13 17:18:14

I'm so sorry cookie xx

prettyinpink90 Tue 24-Sep-13 17:44:34

I am so sorry cookie thanks please look after yourself x

mamapants Tue 24-Sep-13 17:47:59

So sorry cookie

cookielove Tue 24-Sep-13 18:13:02

Thank you all x

LeeHandy Tue 24-Sep-13 18:48:20

oh I am so sorry cookie! that's dreadful news. thanks

crazycranberry Tue 24-Sep-13 19:09:08

Big hugs coming your way cookie
Sorry to hear your news. Take care if yourself Hun x

nevergoogle Tue 24-Sep-13 20:20:10

oh cookie, that's so sad. lots of love you and your partner. x

Chasingclouds Tue 24-Sep-13 22:36:02

Oh no cookie I am so very sorry for your loss! I hope you find peace and I wish you all the best for the future sad xxxx

CazInLondon Tue 24-Sep-13 22:43:46

So very sorry cookielove, please take care of yourself and a huge hug xx

learnasyougo Wed 25-Sep-13 02:40:01

sad I'm so sorry, cookie. How terrible to find out like this. Be gentle to yourself and I hope you have people around you for support. thanks

cookielove Wed 25-Sep-13 09:01:18

Its the worse news possible. But the truth of it is we wanted a healthy baby and the baby died because it was poorly (you could see this on the scan which is unusual) so even though I am totally devastated, some very small part knows it will be ok. And we can try again. The main problem is we really wanted this baby!

dobedobedo Wed 25-Sep-13 09:46:16

So sorry to hear about this Cookielove :-(
Hope you've got lots of support xxx

LightTripper Wed 25-Sep-13 09:46:19

Must be so hard to take. Before I got pregnant I knew early mc was quite common and thought I would deal with it ok if it happened, but now I'm here I know I would handle it very badly indeed. I just had no idea how pregnant you feel, even early on. As much as you tell yourself you won't assume anything before the scan you just can't help feeling somehow connected before then.

Good that your OH is supportive, I know when my sis had hers having her partner there made such a difference. I have never wanted to hug him so much, he was so sad but so strong for her. Do give yourself some time, it is a big thing to get used to.

Big hugs to you and Mr Cookielove. Xx

Chasingclouds Wed 25-Sep-13 11:53:25

I know how you feel as I've had 2 prior missed mcs. Before the first I just thought if something was wrong I would start bleeding, I had no idea you could have lost the baby with no signs at all and like you, I found out at my 12 week scan. Heartbroken doesn't even cover it does it sad I chose to have a d&c procedure because I didn't feel up to the ordeal of taking the tablets that make you miscarry, and I couldn't face waiting for possibly months to miscarry naturally. It was actually fine, and the cycle after the procedure I conceived again, this time with a healthy baby, and honestly I feel no sadness for it now looking back because the mcs were for a reason, there was something wrong both times and it would never have been a baby, and if it wasn't for those steps on the path I wouldn't have my 2.5yr old, who is the light of my soul, if that makes sense. Sending you lots and lots of love xxxx

ChocChaffinch Wed 25-Sep-13 13:29:31

ah cookie thanks
I am so sorry.
take it easy. X

ThedementedPenguin Wed 25-Sep-13 15:04:32

I'm back. Sorry for being so flaky on this thread. However I've just done a quick catch up on last couple of pages.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss cookie.

I'm almost certain I can feel baby move. Every so often I get this strange feeling which I'm certain is baby.

My ds had his one year injections yesterday, poor wee man. However, seems to have coped okay.

12+4

dobedobedo Wed 25-Sep-13 15:17:57

Hi thedementedpenguin - I thought I felt something move last night too, though it may just have been a fart brewing blush

My sickness seems to have really ramped up today, I feel bloody awful. I still haven't had a scan date so, since it's payday today, I went and booked a private dating scan for tomorrow night. I just can't stand the waiting any more - my midwife said it could be another 2-3 weeks before I get one on the nhs and I'm already 13+1!

Last night I dreamed I had a scan and it was just mashed potato and soup in my uterus - I'm quite nervous about it, obviously!

learnasyougo Wed 25-Sep-13 15:27:53

Mashed potato and soup, haha, is that what all is bloating is?

If you are 13+1 they don't have much time to waste as the nt scan must be done by 14+1. Have you rung the hospital? It could be they lost your referral or something.

dobedobedo Wed 25-Sep-13 15:32:20

They said if they missed the date for the nt scan, they could do a different test - forget what it was called. Because I only got registered with a doc and midwife last Saturday (I only found out I was preg a week before that) - everything is just taking it's time. I'm only 13+1 going by dates, but I could be less so after the dating scan, I'll have a better idea about the exact amount of hassling of the hospital I'll have to do!

Chasingclouds Wed 25-Sep-13 15:55:46

I think they will do the quad test instead dobedo it's what I had the option of when I was pregnant with my first because they didn't offer the NT scan and blood test then. The quad is literally just a blood test they do and the computer takes the results and calculates your percentage risk, if it's high you can discuss options from there.

I'm 10+4 and have no scan date yet.

Had my booking in appointment and it took ages. The midwife managed to mess up my bloods so she stabbed me once in my left arm, and 3 times in my right arm before she managed it, and I have great big visible veins so she's got no excuse for making such a mess of my arms!! Then she couldn't get through to the scan department so I have no idea what date my scan is going to be booked for, which I was really excited to find out sad

On the plus side because my first was a 35 weeker I'm apparently getting consultant led care starting with an appointment at 18 weeks to discuss management options because I'm classed at high risk of having another preemie and they might recommend steroid injections to mature baby's lungs, among other things. Pleased that they at least seem to be on top of things, though hopefully we'll manage to reach term this time!

crazycranberry Wed 25-Sep-13 17:21:43

I was told at my booking appointment that I have to be seen by the Obstetrician as I suffer with an auto immune condition. Midwife doesn't know anything about condition. Its very rare in UK. No-one knows if this will cause any problems during pregnancy. This in itself leads me to be anxious (on top of normal mc worries) until I have my 12 week scan. Gotta wait until 10th oct.
DP keeps telling me not to think negatively as this is unhealthy for the baby..........but it's hard - sometimes thoughts just pop into my head!

10+2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now