Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2014 - Thread 2 or 3 depending on which way you count!

(994 Posts)
LeeHandy Tue 17-Sep-13 17:57:20

Hello ladies.. the previous thread is almost full so I thought it's time to move on to a new one to mark the start of trimester 2. Here's to fewer bouts of sickness and more "glowing" all around!

ChaffinchOfDoom Sat 16-Nov-13 21:21:01

anyone else with hip / knee pain hmm

very bad at times, then wears off

Vikkijayne2507 Sat 16-Nov-13 21:34:06

we've made a list just went through an app with tons of names and we have a few girls and boys. scan next Friday wonder if the boys turn is now after all those girls. Any name we have has to work in Portuguese and English I don't like lots of owng sounding names so it's likely to be an English name like James but zack is also up there. I also have matilda as a fave but had 2 dreams of having a girl called eve soo strange as it wasn't a name we'd brought up much soo we will see.

Cannotbelieveit Sat 16-Nov-13 21:54:52

Of course not blessed! If it wasn't hubby's name we probably would have had it for ds2's first name grin

nevergoogle Sat 16-Nov-13 22:03:00

pain on the front of my hip if I do any proper walking. good job the nausea stops me from doing anything too energetic.

mamapants Sun 17-Nov-13 08:34:27

Enjoying all the name discussions. We have a girls name but no boy name.
We have a few maybes but nothing that we're convinced by.

prettyinpink90 Sun 17-Nov-13 08:50:44

Just for a bit of fun we tried the cotton and needle over the belly thing last night and that was saying its a boy. It will be interesting at the scan to see whether it was right or not.

I keep having a panic about having eaten pink lamb twice during this pregnancy. Both times I've had it made for me and felt I couldn't turn it down so just eaten it.

18+2

Trinpy Sun 17-Nov-13 19:22:17

prettyinpink Dont worry, I'm sure you haven't done any harm to the baby by eating the lamb.

So exciting that so many of us are finding out the sex and picking out names now! My 20 week scan is on Thursday and I can't wait! Desperate to see the baby again and know he/she is ok. Plus finding out blue or pink smile . We have a boys name but can't decide on a girl's name, so will just have to wait and see if one is needed.

20+2

BeansAndCheese Mon 18-Nov-13 11:03:29

Chaffinch - yes hip and tailbone pain, as well a really restless left leg. Loads of back pain in bed as well. Not all the time though. Hope it doesn't get worse!

catameringue Mon 18-Nov-13 14:55:22

I've started getting some hip pain when sitting on my side. I think it's beginning!

I'm therefore looking at doing pregnancy yoga but hope it's not too intimidating!

LightTripper Mon 18-Nov-13 16:57:09

I have been getting some hip pain for a couple of weeks, but did my back in quite badly a couple of weeks before getting pregnant (trapped on the floor unable to move badly!), so I don't know to what extent it is linked to that and general poor posture/sitting too long at a desk, or whether it has anything to do with pregnancy. Mine feels like sciatic/nerve type pain going through the hip joint, rather than an ache: not sure if that is the same as other people are getting?

I have been looking into pregnancy pilates, but classes seem to be either at lunchtime which means missing 2 hours in the middle of a work day, or the evenings when I'm feeling rough. For once I would actually like a first thing in the morning class, but can't seem to find one! Anyway, hopefully soon evening sickness will be consistently better and I can risk an early evening one, and go on my way home from work.

Imnotsurehowtogetthisout Mon 18-Nov-13 21:28:28

Hi all, i was in the march thread by my EDD got put back at my 12 week scan. Hope you don't mind if I join?

Looking for reassurance because I haven't felt any baby movements yet and starting to worry (20+1). My midwife has said not to worry unless there has been bleeding or fluid leaking. I have my scan on Friday but I can't help thinking the worst, I'm dreading my scan :-(

LightTripper Mon 18-Nov-13 23:38:08

I am pretty sure that's quite common... If your placenta is at the front, it acts like a kind of cushion between your skin and the baby so it takes longer to feel movements. Try not to worry!

And welcome to the thread!!

badfurday Tue 19-Nov-13 10:19:13

Hmm, have some brownish discharge today :-(
Im worried because I lifted some heavy furniture at the weekend, could it be down to that?

BeetleBeetle Tue 19-Nov-13 11:04:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nevergoogle Tue 19-Nov-13 13:17:14

if anyone knows the nutritional data on jam doughnuts that would be good too. blush

badfurday Tue 19-Nov-13 14:39:48

Thanks Beetlebeetle. I just feel a bit down what with the 20 week scan being a bit of a disaster and now this. Seems like the world and his wife are sailing through without any problems.
I have just booked a private gender scan for Saturday as im so impatient! Good price at £39, hopefully that will reassure me a bit and perk me up!

ChaffinchOfDoom Tue 19-Nov-13 16:09:25

I match your jam doughnuts with a lunch of 2 hot dogs and half tin bbq pringles . and a muller lite yog. am addicted to those. inhale them. mmmmm yoghurt...

Trinpy Tue 19-Nov-13 16:51:53

badfurday if it's brown it's probably nothing, but I would still mention it to your mw just in case it was caused by heavy lifting, in which case she might advise you to be more careful than usual. Not an expert on this stuff, but I have a colleague who this happened to.

Trinpy Tue 19-Nov-13 16:53:07

And welcome to Imnot. When's your dd?

1muddymummy Tue 19-Nov-13 17:51:01

Hi, thought I'd join in. I'm having my first and having my 20 week scan tomorrow. Hoping to find out gender and already have names picked out. Still haven't felt any movement at all so hoping all will be ok tomorrow

Cannotbelieveit Tue 19-Nov-13 19:34:38

Welcome imnot and muddy grin

The sickness went at 16 weeks I've just realised! Also not as hungry anymore.

17+3 grin

Cannotbelieveit Tue 19-Nov-13 19:35:12

If any new members want to join the Facebook group private message me!

nevergoogle Tue 19-Nov-13 20:00:41

I'm still throwing up and nausea at 19 weeks. Sick of feeling sick!

learnasyougo Tue 19-Nov-13 20:11:06

me too! I threw up dinner last night and breakfast this morning. lunch and tonight's dinner has stayed down but I'm still nauseous. blooming miserable and I'm 20+5. I was well over ms at 16w with my last pregnancy. They really are all different.

nevergoogle Tue 19-Nov-13 20:34:09

3rd baby for me, and haven't experienced anything like this before.

I'm just so exhausted with it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now