Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2014 - Thread 2 or 3 depending on which way you count!

(994 Posts)
LeeHandy Tue 17-Sep-13 17:57:20

Hello ladies.. the previous thread is almost full so I thought it's time to move on to a new one to mark the start of trimester 2. Here's to fewer bouts of sickness and more "glowing" all around!

longbath Thu 19-Sep-13 11:01:23

Thanks choc and lee - CONGRATS!!! I'm like a new person after the scan, relaxed and finally excited smile

pinkpeoniesplease Thu 19-Sep-13 12:39:38

I too am feeling like a different person! I was so anxious and am a bit in shock after my scan today that I'm actually having a baby shock

So pleased to hear your scans are going well grin

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 13:36:24

it is ALL REAL NOW!! even dh is different, more relaxed and accepting, he rubbed my tummy goodbye this morning grin

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 13:39:28

wonder who's going to have girls/ boys... and what names we'll all pick.. so exciting!

learnasyougo Thu 19-Sep-13 16:48:15

we're not intending to find out. same as last time. Luckily he was a boy, as we couldn't agree on a girl's name.grin

nevergoogle Thu 19-Sep-13 16:56:25

i don't know whether to find out or not. we have two boys already and busting with excitement at the prospect of having a girl. maybe finding out will give me time to nip that in the bud before I then feel cheated at having another boy. which of course will be lovely too.

Cannotbelieveit Thu 19-Sep-13 16:58:26

We have the names picked out already and don't have a preference for pink or blue! Just healthy will do! xx

CazInLondon Thu 19-Sep-13 17:01:01

Hello new thread!

Welcome Longbath - and can't imagine how awful it must have been for you and Choc to discover a MMC during the first scan, what a horrific experience to have to go through... Really happy for you that all is well!

I have a question, particularly to those who are on their 2nd or 3rd pregnancy: are you showing yet?? I'm a little bit anxious because I am meant to go back to work at 13 weeks (the week after my scan) and they don't know yet, don't think they'll be too impressed. I wonder if I should tell them straight after the scan (ie the week before I get back to work) or go back and try to hide it for as long as possible... The trouble is, not sure how much I'll show. With my son I started showing around 18 weeks. I'm not overweight but not particularly skinny either (5'7, size 10 on top and 12-14 bottom) and have always had a pot belly.

So wondering if anyone could share their experience... Any tips/advice welcome smile

And good luck for all the upcoming scans!

xx

9+2

nevergoogle Thu 19-Sep-13 17:21:53

3rd pregnancy here and people have been guessing since about 7 weeks.

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 18:46:23

Im showing, 3rd pg, usually a size 12 on top 14 on bottom
wearing lots of baggy tops/coat for school run til I have downs result

CazInLondon Thu 19-Sep-13 19:21:58

Gosh nevergoogle, that's early!!!

ChocChaffinch, how far along are you?

I feel bloated and uncomfortable with my jeans all done up, but it's definitely not visible yet to anyone but me. And I'm hoping that when it pops out, people will be too busy thinking about their own lives to notice (for a while at least!). But then again am only 9 weeks and a couple of days...

xx

cookielove Thu 19-Sep-13 19:28:02

choc that puts you due on the 2nd of April, which is my birthday! Now it would be odd if I was moved forward!

smile

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 19:29:35

nah they say 1/4/14 yet Im having a section so really 26/3/14

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 19:30:29

I am 12+2
had my scan on weds.
wanted to wait for downs result in post but have told kids properly tonight. ds (5) wants a girl!!!

cookielove Thu 19-Sep-13 19:34:48

Ahhh thats so sweet of your ds! grin

I can't wait for my scan. Taps footvin impatience! !

Misty9 Thu 19-Sep-13 19:35:51

2nd pregnancy here and I've really popped in the last week and people are now "is she isn't she" if they don't know grin. I remember I showed early with ds too - definitely before scan as by the time we went public, anyone who saw me regularly wasn't surprised!
Nausea ramped up today and felt very wobbly and not with it today, shit day at work didn't help sad

10+5

learnasyougo Thu 19-Sep-13 19:36:32

I'm definitely showing. last time around I started showing around 14w, this time it's earlier. I'm quite the pear shape, though, a have always been rather lean around the middle (size 16 bum, mind) so that's probably why I show already. At least a big round tum makes my bum look smaller -or that's what I tell myself anyway. I'm dreading having to buy maternity trousers. I look bloody awful in 90% of trousers. Maternity wear is always such a tiny selection.sad

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 19:59:19

holy cow cookie - your birthday is my dh birthday

<<<weird wibbly music>>>

nevergoogle Thu 19-Sep-13 20:32:07

hmm, rather helpful bra lady in mothercare insists it's twins. shock

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 20:39:59

x-ray vision must be useful in her job

nevergoogle Thu 19-Sep-13 20:42:03

yes, no point going for the scan now.

cookielove Thu 19-Sep-13 20:54:16

choc spooky grin

never that made me lol

nevergoogle Thu 19-Sep-13 21:00:21

she was spot on with the bra size though. hmm

LightTripper Thu 19-Sep-13 22:53:18

Are you guys needing new bras due to pregnancy? I assumed that wasn't until near the end! Hmmm... My pre project research turns out to have been very lacking. Anyway, for the moment the boobs seem reasonably happy in their existing lodgings. Just as well, can barely make it to the corner shop (and although it stocks many surprising things - e.g. a variety of hookah pipe designs and sizes - not sure it would stretch to bras).

prettyinpink90 Thu 19-Sep-13 23:01:07

light I'm definitley in need of new bra's. I bought some new ones in July after loosing 2st and dropping a few cup sizes which fit perfectly but over the past few weeks I've noticed a double boob effect under my tops... not a good look! Didn't think they got bigger until later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now