Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2014 - Thread 2 or 3 depending on which way you count!

(994 Posts)
LeeHandy Tue 17-Sep-13 17:57:20

Hello ladies.. the previous thread is almost full so I thought it's time to move on to a new one to mark the start of trimester 2. Here's to fewer bouts of sickness and more "glowing" all around!

Vikkijayne2507 Wed 18-Sep-13 17:26:55

I have zero appetite still I have eaten 2 kellogs chocolate cereal bars today and 2 cups of tea and dont feel hungry. I gagged a bit earlier today and felt really nauseous at lunch. But just dont feel very hungry thats not good. But I am massively bloated look 7 months pregnant rather than almost three. Im starting to get anxious about mmc or problems. Theres not much to do but wait until next week friday am hating the wait sad

cookielove Wed 18-Sep-13 18:33:46

Hello again.

Went to the dentist, been about 7 years since last check, (without the nhs card) as I am a new patient they asked if I was exempt and I said yes as I'm pregnant, but don't have my card yet. So I had a check up, a clean and a small filling (no pain relief) and they charged me absolutely nothing. Felt a bit naughty leaving shock

Dh only got charged £49 for his check up, 3 xrays, 2 fillings and a tooth removal. I thought it would be more expensive than that.

Bodeccia Wed 18-Sep-13 20:11:14

That's really cheap, cookie! I'm going to the dentist next week, and I always think its going to cost a fortune.

I really need to get some new clothes, I'm wearing my stretchy, comfortable clothes at work, and they're just not professional enough. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting maternity clothes. I also need smart flat shoes - heels aren't an option at the mo. so I'm thinking brogues, a smart pair of trousers and some tops. That should do.

9+3

ChocChaffinch Wed 18-Sep-13 20:20:10

clarks hamble oaks are lovely brogues, v confy and a blowout but quality and will last. I got the black ones for work.

Ninunina Wed 18-Sep-13 21:33:26

Marking my place too! Have been posting mainly on the Facebook group but always catch up here as well. Scan next Monday. .. will be 12+3! I can't wait. My sudden lack of morning sickness is starting to worry me.

Ninunina Wed 18-Sep-13 21:34:46

Marking my place too! Have been posting mainly on the Facebook group but always catch up here as well. Scan next Monday. .. will be 12+3! I can't wait. My sudden lack of morning sickness is starting to worry me.

Misty9 Wed 18-Sep-13 21:48:52

Hi all
Can't believe how many people are having scans already! Haven't heard when mine is yet but hopefully in next couple of weeks. As for telling people, I've had no choice with the size I am! I've decided I must be growing an elephant because the baby sure isn't that big yet grin. All family knows and some friends. Had to tell boss weeks ago due to sickness and new job stuff.

Walked more today than I have done in ages, and now feeling the SPD starting sad can't see osteopath until 12 weeks so hoping it won't get any worse before then. Really need to be able to run around after 2yo ds! I have the blandest diet due to sickness first and now horrible heartburn. Poor dh, he's craving a takeaway curry smile

fairypants how are you now?

Misty9 Wed 18-Sep-13 21:49:19

Oops, forgot
10+4

catameringue Wed 18-Sep-13 22:13:29

I've got booking appt next week but not heard about scan. Guess everywhere is different. Seems very over subscribed where I am.

Question: can u literally pick which hospital/birth centre u want anywhere or does it have to be within your area or something?

I'm struggling getting vitamin pills down and have missed a few. This is bad and now I feel guilty about it. I'm trying but the sickness has flared up again.

nevergoogle Wed 18-Sep-13 22:29:24

Jeez, this nausea has gone bananas.
I'm assuming it's a surge in hormones as my skin has also gone hideous.

I'm eating small bland meals, all served through gritted teeth by my DH who is really trying his best to accommodate my sudden uselessness.

mostly i'm snacking on tuc crackers, toast, and moffat toffee.

and i'm eating every hour, i am going to be ginormous come april.

have been off work since tuesday with this nausea and extreme tiredness, i'm sleeping or laying still mostly.

This can't continue, I have to work as I'm the main earner.

<whinge whinge whinge>

10+3

learnasyougo Thu 19-Sep-13 04:41:58

nevergoogle I had debilitating sickness with my first pregnancy and it came back with a vengeance for 6 days and then went. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
I still hatred curry for tje duration of the pregnancy though, thanks to a hot one burning me twice. I like a hot curry, but something about the acidity when it comes back up makes it far hotterconfused
This time my nausea has been a breeze! Some people have no idea how bad it can be.

Te the question on coding where to have your birth, my local midwife is connected to two hospitals locally, but I know I could choose one outside the area if I wanted. I won't because we don't have a car and last time I was kept in for a week and for DH it was handy to be nearby.
Bear in mind, even a short car journey is horrendous when in full blown labour, but you also don't want to be at the hospital in too early a labour -pre labour can take days. So I wouldn't pick somewhere TOO far.

12+0

LeeHandy Thu 19-Sep-13 07:12:25

good luck today pink!
cata in theory I had a choice of 2 hospitals as well because of distance (my GP told me I could choose) however when it came down to it, because the two belong to two different trusts I have to go to the one that's in my area.

longbath Thu 19-Sep-13 07:45:10

Hello ladies and congratulations to everyone who's had great scans!

Apologies for joining so late; after losing the baby at 12 weeks last year, this time I was determined to get through the scan first. It went great and yesterday evening, much to my relief, I saw a healthy baby in there! Needless to say, last night I slept like a log and woke up with a smile on my face smile

I've been following the thread from the beginning though and been so looking forward to joining.

11+6, EDD April 5th (April 2nd according to the dating scan yesterday)

Cannotbelieveit Thu 19-Sep-13 08:31:15

Welcome long! Great news for you. Congrats x

nevergoogle Thu 19-Sep-13 08:32:00

congratulations longbath. great news about your scan.

i don't have my 12 week scan until the 30th. i just want to know that everything is ok, and it is a baby and not some molar pregnancy or phantom and to know that there's just one.

meanwhile, lots of lying still as it seems to be the only thing keeping the nausea at bay.

longbath Thu 19-Sep-13 08:54:43

Thanks cannot and never smile Is it still ok to join the FB group?

never, I know exactly where you're coming from, this 1st trimester was so slow! All I wanted was to get to the end of it and hear good news.

cookielove Thu 19-Sep-13 09:01:29

Hello all,

12 weeks today!! 5 days till my scan. And last day of work for a week and a day!

Cannotbelieveit Thu 19-Sep-13 09:09:51

Long just going to send you PM about fb x

LightTripper Thu 19-Sep-13 09:16:23

Just wanted to say welcome longbath! So glad your scan went well!

longbath Thu 19-Sep-13 09:35:17

Thanks so much light, I really wanted to join earlier but last year I joined, set up a fb group for everybody and then miscarried. So this time I didn't want to jinx it. I know - it's silly but I really needed all the odds to be in my favour, iykwim x

The scan yesterday was amazing, the zoom on that machine was unreal - we even saw fingers and toes smile

Good luck with your scan cookie

LightTripper Thu 19-Sep-13 09:56:47

I am totally the same. Never believe anything until you've got it in writing. If it weren't for my intense and deep seated need to have a good moan I wouldn't be here either!

Will join you all on the FB group when/if we're "public" post scan!

longbath Thu 19-Sep-13 10:08:45

Only 11 days to go light, although it does feel like a lifetime when you're waiting for a scan. I was like a ghost these past couple of weeks, couldn't think of anything else. But as soon as I saw the doctor looking at the screen all relaxed, I knew baby was fine! I wish you the same and then we can have a glass of water to celebrate ;) x

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 10:17:31

oh cookie I was moved forwards 2 days at my scan so now I'm not the same as you any more

be cool if you got moved forwards 2 as well!!

12+2

ChocChaffinch Thu 19-Sep-13 10:19:49

aaah longbath that's lovely news

so amazing to see how detailed their little bodies are already, isn't it. I was thrilled to see that little heart going, as have had a MMC previously, only discovered at scan. delightful. and weird to think of them hidden inside, flip-flapping around. I wonder if they think!

LeeHandy Thu 19-Sep-13 10:27:39

Hi all, I just had my scan and everything looks great. The baby was jumping around a bit and was amazing to hear the heart beat. I can finally believe that we are really having a baby now. grin grin grin
congratulations and welcome long!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now