Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2014 - Thread 2 or 3 depending on which way you count!

(994 Posts)
LeeHandy Tue 17-Sep-13 17:57:20

Hello ladies.. the previous thread is almost full so I thought it's time to move on to a new one to mark the start of trimester 2. Here's to fewer bouts of sickness and more "glowing" all around!

Vikkijayne2507 Tue 17-Sep-13 18:38:41

Ooo shiny new thread. Im hardly eating have no appetite other than crisps, tomatoes and onions and mozzarella cheese nothing else and only a bit of those

mamapants Tue 17-Sep-13 19:06:07

Hope everyone is doing ok- between sickness, crashes and exhaustion.

I am mainly only contending with exhaustion not helped by a toddler who is teething and congested. Attempts to night wean have failed. Hopefully we can have another more successful attempt before bump has matured.

Am still waiting for my scan appointment! Am not sure if I should phone midwife to chase it up. Am properly envy at all of you who have either had scans or about too.

catameringue Tue 17-Sep-13 19:51:28

I've been living of salt and vinegar crisps, and pasta and sauce. Feeling on the verge of being sick right now, it's flared up again after a period of calm.

Finally told my dm and df. Only told three people, but it's amazing how suddenly everyone appears to be an expert.

prettyinpink90 Tue 17-Sep-13 20:19:11

Just popping in to day hello on the new thread smile

mamapants Tue 17-Sep-13 20:21:24

Must be exciting telling people cat
You had an early scan didn't you?

Am waiting for scan before telling people. Do occassionally think about telling people but really just want to see him/ her first.

pinkpeoniesplease Tue 17-Sep-13 20:55:41

Marking my place...

Sorry to hear so many people feeling unwell.
I have my scan Thursday and am feeling really anxious, I saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks but am still so worried and thinking about mmc statistics sad
It's nice hearing about the positive stories of scans on here though!

ChocChaffinch Tue 17-Sep-13 21:00:01

hello fellow glowers. I am a wilter, more of a sweating lump of dough than a blooming glower grin

put my back out today hauling food round asda. Feels a bit sciatic, shooting pains down my legs etc. Have to now be v v careful with my back....

also have sore throat, and you literally aren't allowed any type of throat pastille/lockets while pg are you.

catameringue Tue 17-Sep-13 21:23:11

Yes I did have early scan but I've only told people when I've had to. I.e. because I can no longer drink/do crazy things etc and I felt an explanation was deserved.

I am quite worried each time symptoms subside, though wish them away again when they re-appear!

LightTripper Tue 17-Sep-13 22:46:17

Hello all!

Still feeling quite sick, but only actually sick once most days now, and managed to get some proper work done today, so feeling a bit calmer about it.

Sorry, way TMI coming up, please feel free to skip the rest, I just feel the need to share, having nobody to moan to but my poor OH! I also (why is this harder to own up to than vomminess?) am quite loose and very ... Erm ... Windy. I thought pregnancy was supposed to bung you up?

Anyway, getting used to it I suppose, so it's getting easier to handle. Still get very annoyed when I mistime food and throw up though. So dull. At least I'm not eating anything interesting, so it all just tastes of orange squash on the way back.

LeeHandy Wed 18-Sep-13 08:45:14

good morning! a heavily pregnant lady was sitting next to me on the train to work and she was looking so uncomfortable I felt sorry for her. then felt a bit sorry that I am going to be in that state in a few months. shock
good luck for your scan today Suzy!
what time is your scan tomorrow, Pink? I have mine at 8.15 am tomorrow and am quite nervous about it as well. I think tomorrow is when DH and I will finally believe it's real.

Fairypants Wed 18-Sep-13 10:06:20

Morning!
I could use some advice today. I had some browny spotting yesterday and discussed it with the mw who wasn't worried. Today though, it has turned v pink but still spotting (although there was a bit of a gush when I first got up to go to the loo). I've also noticed a dull ache low down but its only really noticeable when I move around. I'm really worried but not sure if I'm overreacting as I haven't had any spotting with either of my previous pregnancies.
sad

pinkpeoniesplease Wed 18-Sep-13 11:02:51

Lee- mine is at 9. I think we're lucky it's early, I'm just wishing the time away now!

Fairy- I had spotting/bleeding quite often until I was 9 weeks, always pink or red. I wasn't worried as I've read it's really common but I did see the Dr and had a HCG test all was fine.

ChocChaffinch Wed 18-Sep-13 11:40:12

how's it now, fairypants?

prettyinpink90 Wed 18-Sep-13 11:40:28

Morning ladies!

suzy good luck for your scan today! Let us know how it goes.
Hope your scans go ok tomorrow lee and pink

I have my booking in appointment on Friday, not sure what to expect but I'm sure there will be lots of talking about family history, current health and a blood test (I've never even had a blood test before!). Does the midwife use a Doppler to listen to the babies heartbeat?

Fairypants Wed 18-Sep-13 11:47:18

Thanks for the reassurance pink.

It seems to be getting worse - a bit darker and more bleeding than spotting, although still not a lot. I called the mw who has referred me to EPU tomorrow. I wish I'd called straight off this morning as EPU closes at 11-exactly the time I called the mw. It's just a waiting game now but it's going to be a long day!!

catameringue Wed 18-Sep-13 12:35:00

It's good they are checking bit out though fairy.

I hope there's something you can do today where you can put your feet up and distract yourself x

ChocChaffinch Wed 18-Sep-13 12:50:39

I just finished the other thread, prob confused the hell out of everyone but nevermind

It's SEPTEMBER not APRIL

as you were grin

learnasyougo Wed 18-Sep-13 13:20:35

My scan this morning has bumped my due date to two days sooner. I was charting though, so I KNOW that is off by around 5 days. Still, that's not an issue unless I start going overdue and they want to induce.

relieved it's a solo passenger, not sure I could handle three under 2 (DS had just turned one).

Fun and games getting blood out of my arm. I have tiny veins made of rubber. it took three people five goes to get blood. They resorted to ringing around other departments to find someone with the magic touch. I now have plasters on each arm. I was there for about 40 minutes. Good job I'm no needle-phobe.

everything looks good and I'm feeling very bouyed now I've seen my 12 weeker, somersaulting about in there. Good luck, my little gastronaut, enjoy my rumbly tummy noises (once you can hear).

11+6

SuzyP36 Wed 18-Sep-13 13:21:42

I'm here smile posted on the old thread.
I'm excited now I have my pics of my baby. Hope every1's scans have gone well so far

Xavielli Wed 18-Sep-13 14:23:02

Mark

Xavielli Wed 18-Sep-13 14:24:12

Ing place

Booking in appointment took 2 hours this morning due to computers being down so it all had to be hand written.

cookielove Wed 18-Sep-13 14:37:18

Hello all.

Big shout out to Choc grin

Oh dear, come home from work with a mahooosive headache!!

And l actually have become a Cookie monster, l made loads of cookies and eaten most of them blush

catameringue Wed 18-Sep-13 17:04:19

All foods are smelly and hideous.

The only thing left is chocolate.

I'm going to be a whale.

Cannotbelieveit Wed 18-Sep-13 17:11:35

Marking my place! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now