Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - may our labours move as fast as our threads!

(1001 Posts)
PseudoBadger Mon 16-Sep-13 07:24:32

New thread!

Shirehobbit Sat 21-Sep-13 23:05:25

Just need this one to be finished, now...

And we're still not in October, yet! And somehow I don't think the next thread will make it to the 1st, either grin

HotSoupDumpling Sat 21-Sep-13 23:05:14

Thread!! Finally!

HotSoupDumpling Sat 21-Sep-13 23:05:00

A

HotSoupDumpling Sat 21-Sep-13 23:04:51

Finish

HotSoupDumpling Sat 21-Sep-13 23:04:39

Ooh I get to

roxvox Sat 21-Sep-13 22:53:02

I've created a new thread here

char1eston Sat 21-Sep-13 22:50:56

Karma, you'll need to 'friend' someone already in the group and then they can add you. If you want to pm me your name and a description of your profile pic, I can do it grin

Natalieand Sat 21-Sep-13 22:49:50

Haha 'so I don't have to start posting pictures of my dinner'.... MMHQ seriously need to make an option to like people's posts lol

Shirehobbit Sat 21-Sep-13 22:48:09

You could sign up with bowlful of jelly as the visible name, bowl?

Gah I might - can i hide on facebook though so I dont have to start friending people and posting pictures of my dinner and similar facebook nonsense (miserable bitch emotion)?

Shirehobbit Sat 21-Sep-13 22:45:19

Possible thread title - Anyone remember a time when we weren't pregnant?

Tarlia Sat 21-Sep-13 22:44:42

Hope it passes Jelly!

I've just found out that I've been surviving on paracetamol - whaaattt? They gave me such a selection of tabs to take in a sectioned box and didnt explain i could ask for stronger on top :/ No wonder I'm suffering! Still, now it's bedtime I'm being a martyr and saying ill wait see if I really need more..

roxvox Sat 21-Sep-13 22:42:10

I'm happy to create a new thread, but have exhausted my brain trying to think of a thread title and given in. Any suggestions?

KarmaBiatch Sat 21-Sep-13 22:38:39

Is there a link to the Facebook group? or, what is the name of it? smile

monkeytree Sat 21-Sep-13 22:15:33

cuiller I'm 39 and have one dd who is 7. Problems with fertility delayed this one. I have low ovarian reserve. DH and I have agreed that if another one comes along then that would be O.K too. I was really distraught when I thought DD would be an only as really wanted another and would be over the moon with two (DD2 due 25th of October). Wondering how I would cope with a 3rd pregnancy especially if it was going to happen it would need to happen soon and I would already have a baby/toddler to contend with. I think for me what will be will be but I will feel so happy with my lot already.

Pregnancy as in some ways been easier this time. No real health difficulties ie high bp and more relaxed but not sure I experienced the insomnia last time. I think what makes it harder is having other DC's to consider. Struggling now at 35+2 and want to meet DD2. Not made any easier by a couple of women I know locally who have had their babies early.

Do we need to start another thread? Sorry not sure how to do it really bad with technology!

JellyCurls Sat 21-Sep-13 22:15:21

Tummy cramps and TMI but I feel like I need to poo but I can't and I can't find all the stuff from my hospital bag. Can't be annoyed at DS as he was only trying to help but tomorrow's plan is to start packing bag again - grrr

Wickedgirl Sat 21-Sep-13 22:03:16

Bowl......the pics are lovely, you really are missing out

Tarlia Sat 21-Sep-13 21:54:35

orange I should imagine if they get too tight they are cutting blood to your finger, kinda like when they use the elastic to do a blood test?

Nat yep, you were being too harsh, poor love. If his is half as bad as this at least as I've been in absolute agony and would take labour (which first time I did drug free, not by choice mind) over this pain.

SO pleased, badger!!

bowl do it!! Also anyone else considering it, join us.

Natalieand Sat 21-Sep-13 21:41:05

Do it bowlfull :-)

Lovely to hear from you tatlia, glad baby is back with you. Do you know when you will both be discharged?

I'm a facebook hater, but getting tempted to join up as gutted to be missing out on the baby pics.....

PseudoBadger Sat 21-Sep-13 21:39:07

Tarlia I've just seen the new photo on Facebook, how lovely!
BP is doing well on the Labetalol thanks smile

Natalieand Sat 21-Sep-13 21:33:28

tarlia glad to hear baby is doing well and feeding well and what a gorgeous photo on Facebook of them together :-) xxx do u have any idea when u will be discharged? Dh had the same wind pain after he had his appendix removed and I told him he was being a wimp.... Maybe I was being too harsh lol xxx

Hot soup, absolutely none of their business, I would be fuming!

I am doing the natal hypnotherapy cd but not the courses, it is very relaxing and can't do any harm even if it doesn't help. I am hoping bit will help me to stay calm and in control which should help with pain.

I know we have talked about it before but my fingers are quite swollen now and my wedding and engagement rings are tight and leaving a dent which is a bit sore, I can still get them above the knuckle though. Does anyone know if is a problem in itself them being tight or is it just to avoid having to cut them off in an emergency? It's silly but I've never taken them off and don't want to.

Raspberry leaf tea tastes fine, I was expecting it to be foul. My midwife said don't start until 36 weeks so I waited until today (35+6) and will have a cup or two a day for now. I have the tablets too but will maybe wait another week for those, not sure yet.

I feel sick after eating dinner and feel like i have been punched beneath the ribs again, I don't think there is much space left for food any more. Not as miserable about it as last night though.

Glad it went well and husband is being positive Ana.

Tarlia good to hear from you, I had never heard of the neck thing, hope it isn't too uncomfortable, great that you have been able to cuddle up to your baby most of today, lovely!

Natalieand Sat 21-Sep-13 21:32:38

tarlia glad to hear baby is doing well and feeding well and what a gorgeous photo on Facebook of them together :-) xxx do u have any idea when u will be discharged? Dh had the same wind pain after he had his appendix removed and I told him he was being a wimp.... Maybe I was being too harsh lol xxx

Tarlia Sat 21-Sep-13 21:29:03

badger how's your Bp? Any symptoms?

I said to the nurse, I couldn't believe anyone would choose a CS if it came with this neck thing, apparently I'm just one of the 'lucky ones' but everyone gets some extent of wind. How long did yours take to pass?

Can't believe - page 40 again!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.