Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A ROCKERY! A ROCKERY! Oh no, it's the Maybies 2014 thread no #2

(984 Posts)
NannyPlumForPM Sun 15-Sep-13 22:52:54

A new thread for you all to play with?

thistlelicker Mon 16-Sep-13 08:46:32

I've rang Egu they said if I need to I can call in. I think ill take a lesurely stroll down

AliOh Mon 16-Sep-13 09:02:29

Morning all. Hello Masterflea and congrats!

Better to go down for some reassurance thistle than sit worrying about it smile

6 weeks today smile

MasterFlea Mon 16-Sep-13 09:07:24

Good that you are getting checked up Thistle.

wm3010 Mon 16-Sep-13 09:09:14

Morning ladies, a shiny new thread, can't believe we have filled the old one already! Sorry I have been so quiet, feeling rubbish at the moment - constantly bloated and crampy due to wind which is also waking me during the night, sometimes several times, so feeling a bit sorry for myself! Hope you are all coping with everything.

MacCrackles Mon 16-Sep-13 09:10:49

Morning all <admires shiny new thread>.

LongTailedTit Mon 16-Sep-13 09:40:32

Morning all!
Good luck at the EPU Thistle.

Sorry to be grim, but I cannot stop burping - it's getting ridiculous! I'm making noises I've never made before, surely only 8yo boys can do such consistently loud resonating burps? DH has renamed me BullFrog.
I've tried Rennies Deflatine, it doesn't do anything! <buuuuurrrrrp>

7+5

Lollywig Mon 16-Sep-13 09:56:15

Morning all, checking in.

'The Rockery' bit totally threw me!? Doesn't take much.... But v nice to have a new thread. Wonder how many we'll have got through by May!

6 weeks today, midwife appt on Thurs... Still feel fine.

Good luck at the hospital Thistle.

Likewise to those having scans this week - exciting! All the best xx

Isean Mon 16-Sep-13 10:23:11

Hello all!
Marking my spot on the new thread!
Nausea and sickness stepped up a gear over the last few days, nausea pretty much all the time and sickness at least once a day. No pattern as yet though, sometimes morning, sometimes evening.
Going to see the midwife for the first time this afternoon, no idea what happens, but will be good to see the first medical professional since getting my BFP! Hoping I'll get a clearer idea of how far along I am (8+0 going by 28 day cycle, 7+5 going by my average odd cycle lengths!)

Hope you are all coping on this chillier Monday morning!

Isean Mon 16-Sep-13 10:26:00

Oh and I am in the north of Scotland!

thistlelicker Mon 16-Sep-13 10:43:22

I waiting to be seen. Elevated blood pressure so far!!

rebeccax2 Mon 16-Sep-13 10:57:00

Morning everyone.

Just burst into tears at work. Not sure what all of that was about.

I guess I do have some symptoms. wink

Chip86 Mon 16-Sep-13 11:04:50

Morning everyone

Like the new shiny thread

Welcome new may-bies and congratulations

Congratulations Princess on ur PHD

Thinking of you thistle hope all goes well today
One symptom im getting is very vivid dreams grin

6+6

CoventGarden75 Mon 16-Sep-13 11:08:42

thistle fx all is good for you

rebecca you poor thing, what triggered it? Hope you're feeling better now smile

I'm also developing some symptoms. Mine is clumsiness, there was a little jar of oil on the kitchen work top I was cleaning and I just pushed it over the edge and it just exploded on the floor. Glass and oil everywhere. DP ended up cleaning my mess as usual while I was getting ready for work. I feel I don't deserve him, he is so wonderful.

Chip86 Mon 16-Sep-13 12:18:58

covent that must be fun cleaning up oil

I wish i was 6+6 because that would mean tomorrow i would be having my second scan and hopfuly see baby heartbeat but in fact im only 5+6 wishing the weeks away hehehe oh one day i will get this counting thing right

CoffeeGuzzler Mon 16-Sep-13 12:30:52

Morning all!!

fx for you Thistle

I had to take a cetrizine this morning after sneezing for an hour...hoping it won't affect my little ball of cells.

Nine months is a long time isn't it girls? Time moves so sloowwwly.

AliOh Mon 16-Sep-13 12:34:08

Feel for you with the waiting chip it's awful! Having to wait until 12 week for the first scan seems almost impossible - half way there today at 6 weeks for me! Although I've only known just over two weeks - seems like so much longer sad

snoozysleeper Mon 16-Sep-13 12:39:02

Morning everyone!

Fingers crossed thistle I hope everything is ok for you!

loopylou52 Mon 16-Sep-13 12:44:16

fx for you thistle

<waves> to everyone else

6+1

Fx thistle hope everything is ok smile

Ughh I'm having a symptomy day. Woke up feeling sick, walked around feeling sick, told OH I was going to be sick and threw up almost on his car sad so first of the proper morning sickness sickness today. Good sign?

And now I can't stop eating. Especially savoury stuff om nom nom.

Oh and 7+6 according to a 28 day cycle.... but I don't know my cycle length so.... so I could be 2+4 or something.

Truffkin Mon 16-Sep-13 13:11:20

Hope all ok Thistle and ISeanI hear you on the symptoms. I'm exactly the same, permanent nausea but vomiting only once or twice a day.

Scan was great this morning. A lovely midwife did it and spent time explaining everything. Measuring spot on for dates, good strong heartbeat, which we could see flickering away on the screen. Then she asked would we like to listen to it, which I didn't even think was possible at this stage! That was brilliant and DH had a little cry smile

Dead chuffed today grin

Hope all is well Thistle.

Truffkin have you had your scan yet? How has it gone?

CoffeeGuzzler Mon 16-Sep-13 13:19:20

Oh Truffkin...so pleased for you. Getting emotional now.

Chip86 Mon 16-Sep-13 13:20:18

Aoih time going so slow

Oh no moomin sorry to hear MS started today

Oh wow truffkin the thought of u listening to heart beat made me cry a little to <not hormonal at all> what amazing news congrats

Chip86 Mon 16-Sep-13 13:21:49

Sorry Alioh spelt ur name wrong blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now