Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 (thread 9) Pregnancy half time is over. Fast growing bumps, braxton hicks and we thought we would worry less!

(1001 Posts)
Frizz1986 Wed 11-Sep-13 12:55:24

Hope its ok me setting up a new thread.
Couldnt see one, but if I am just being blind please tell me.....

space He is scrummy! And baby sunglasses are awesome, he's already a total dude.

girdles I am considering. Mainly because I probably should have worn one pre-pregnancy grin. If they are like Spanx, though, I find them pointless, as they roll up/down too much and you get even weirder rolls of fat that way.

sultana yay for the no GD. Fx for me for next week please, I am dreading being told no cakes and biscuits that I have it.

Pelvic floors seem to make bean kick, which is another reason to do them, surely?

MrsA (was it you?) my pg yoga class is all about the chatting. I'd strike up a conversation next time - can't hurt! We need preggo pals.

Who was it who recommended orthotics to me? extra? another? Can't recall, but I am FOREVER grateful. For once my ankles do not feel as if someone is sticking knitting needles into them!

sarahleanne Wed 02-Oct-13 12:57:20

Aww space he is so cute and diddy!

Frizz1986 Wed 02-Oct-13 12:49:02

OMG space he is adorable!!!!!!!!!

Frizz1986 Wed 02-Oct-13 12:48:16

Well no answer at the midewife centre so will have to try again later.
Bubs still moving as normal (I think) but still an awful achy pain running down from my belly and a 50p sized wet patch in my pants.
Don't think they will have me in as I expect they ignore the wet patch unless its proper soaking otherwise I am sure almost every pregnant woman would be going in for a check lol.

Late into work today as pooch is off for her xray to see if the operation has worked.
Hope it has as it is so hard lifting her on and off the sofa (prob contributing to my belly pain too)
Means I have had to work manically this morning to catch up!
On track again now so phew!

Am tempted to look at these girdles lol.
I was not cool before this so........

and squeeze

Spacefrog35 Wed 02-Oct-13 12:47:54

Think I've managed to put a couple of photos on my profile. Posted from iPhone so they're probably upside down!

He's a bit jaundiced hence the blue light and the incredibly cute baby sunglasses! We're all doing well.

BookTart Wed 02-Oct-13 12:27:15

Yeah extra, it is a bit more than I fancy spending as well (even with the discount). I'll check out Bellefit and Squeem. I can't believe I'm having to talk about girdles on the internet sad I used to be cool! I did!
grin

extracrunchy Wed 02-Oct-13 12:10:35

Book I saw the Casabu offer! Don't like the reviews for that one though. If (IF) I get one, think I will go with a Bellefit or a Squeem as apparently they don't roll down...

Ouch to the TCP mouth Mythree. Agree that a cotton bud is your friend next time! I always gargle with salty water, but that's pretty rank too.

Mythreeknights Wed 02-Oct-13 12:00:00

Hmm, yes toby I think you have a point. I'll 'dab' it on with an ear bud next time...it literally felt like I'd burnt the inside of my mouth out. Poor you MRSVDB - I had tonsilitis 3 times last year and was desperate but they wouldn't take them out. I honestly think there's nothing worse. Well, maybe cystitis is worse.
I'm definitely run down - working like a demon last week (until 10pm, from 9am) in time to go to Milan for 4 nights with 4 year old who I shared a bed with and therefore got absolutely no sleep. Now munching stale digestives and drinking berocca.

chocoloulou33 Wed 02-Oct-13 11:51:00

extra & toby I am 26+4 so hoping thats why I feel less movement. Its same 2day. Have barely felt a thing so glad I am seeing midwife 2day just for some peace of mind.
annnnnd squeeze x

MrsVDB Wed 02-Oct-13 11:37:09

mythree I get tonsillitis all the time (even after having tonsils out a couple of years ago!) and the Doctor suggested I gargle with diluted tcp regularly. I tried it once at work but the smell was so strong everyone was commenting so I never did it again ha ha

TobyLerone Wed 02-Oct-13 11:30:18

mythree, TCP is definitely the best thing for ulcers. Perhaps next time put it on some cotton wool or a cotton bud grin

flyawayblue Wed 02-Oct-13 10:41:34

lovely name space and glad you got to cuddle him. My thoughts are with you all.

We're just back from a lovely relaxing holiday and now have a few days at home to start to sort out the study that will be babies room. Why do we have so much stuff?

Doing well on baby things as getting quite a bit from family, main things to buy are pushchair, bouncer, breastfeeding / bottles (I want to have both things as worried breastfeeding might not work). Finding pushchairs a minefield, so expensive and J (dh) refuses to spend a lot on one. We also live in a flat so want something light ....

looking at the micralite anyone used it before ?

Sultanajo Wed 02-Oct-13 10:06:32

Morning ladies!

Hope all midwife check ups go well today. I was just over 26 weeks when I had the weekend of very little movement. He was back to his normal self after 3 very worrying days and midwife thinks he had just squirmed to a place I could barely feel him.

mythree neat TCP!!! shock Are you feeling rundown? Thats when I tend to get mouth ulcers...

I have heard of the girdles too but had forgotten about them. Will perhaps look into them a bit nearer the time....

Breakfast time!!!! considers the 4 pack of boosts from Toby, then decides on a more healthy option grin

sarahleanne Wed 02-Oct-13 10:04:11

Of not off

sarahleanne Wed 02-Oct-13 10:03:52

I'm going to try the girdle thing , only because I'm sick off muffin top getting bigger with each pregnancy and my hips are wider.

Mythreeknights Wed 02-Oct-13 09:50:29

Here I am helping to waste message space so we can legitimately go onto the new thread. I have a mouth FULL of ulcers for some reason...tried swigging some neat TCP last night which blew my head off to the point I don't dare do it again (but it did help...). Thinking of space and spaceIdris and hope the night was uneventful xx

BookTart Wed 02-Oct-13 09:39:43

I'm 26+2 extra and feeling a lot less kicking atm, still some squiggly movement though so not panicking yet - good to know it is normal though. I will be using the growth spurt to excuse my massive weight gain over the last week as well!
I am going to try the girdle thing. According to my marketing email, Casabu has one on offer to day but I haven't checked it out yet.
choco - 17 messages to go!

MrsVDB Wed 02-Oct-13 09:39:34

If anyone is at home there's a program on really now about premature babies in America. One lady just had c section at 27 weeks and other lady had pre-eclampsia at 24 weeks, baby meadures 21w but they want to deliver. It's scary. I shouldn't watch it

MrsVDB Wed 02-Oct-13 09:11:57

Thanks extra I'm off work not feeling well anyway so I thought I should take the opportunity to pop in, if I hadn't I'd be worried all week.

I'm only 24w but I'm pretty big how far gone I am I think but last few days I've felt slightly less movement and it feels a bit different. Also think bump looks smaller than it did. Hoping he's just turned over

Still can't believe we have our first baby! Think that's also contributing to my worry.

TobyLerone Wed 02-Oct-13 08:59:34

Is that right, extra? That explains it for me, then. 26+3.

MrsV, they would always rather you go in. Good luck!

extracrunchy Wed 02-Oct-13 08:52:15

Yep that's how I felt when MIL started talking about it!

TarkaTheOtter Wed 02-Oct-13 08:28:17

The word "girdle" makes me cringe for some reason so probably won't be getting one!

extracrunchy Wed 02-Oct-13 08:16:07

MrsV don't worry! MW at my last drop in (after no movement) told me they'd much rather we went in if worried than stayed home and risked it. She even took the trouble to write it all over my notes - "please just come in if worried"! Same with DS.

Those experiencing a bit less movement - are you coming up to 26 weeks ish? Apparently at that point baby has big growth spurt and quite suddenly has a lot less room to flip!

MrsVDB Wed 02-Oct-13 08:06:09

So she probably thought I'm just worried for no reason (which I expect and hope I am) but going in later for check up which is reassuring

This thread is not accepting new messages.