Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 (thread 9) Pregnancy half time is over. Fast growing bumps, braxton hicks and we thought we would worry less!

(1001 Posts)
Frizz1986 Wed 11-Sep-13 12:55:24

Hope its ok me setting up a new thread.
Couldnt see one, but if I am just being blind please tell me.....

extracrunchy Wed 11-Sep-13 20:08:40

Hiiiiii!

I wrote a long post in the old thread and then it was full and my post disappeared because I am a dumb ass. And also a bit high cos GP sorted me out with codeine for SPD (and physio) - was scared to take it but apparently it's safe and it definitely helps smile

Sarah brilliant to hear re your niece's successful op!

Sultanajo Wed 11-Sep-13 20:13:51

Lol tooth! grin

sarah yeah I moved mine back too - didnt want the hassle of sorting out with work cutting my hols short because bubs decides to surprise me with an early arrival! I dont think I will have a chance to get too bored - am hoping it will mean plenty of time to sort stuff for xmas, my Dads birthday and last minute bits for bubs, rather than the normal last minute rush....thats the plan anyway.....wink

Sultanajo Wed 11-Sep-13 20:18:31

frizz I had the lack of night peeing for a few days and got really worried and then it came back with a vengeance! Currently midnight, 3amish and 5.30am!!!

I feel for u with the hip pain. I had it a few weeks back so ended up on my back again, but thats just not an option now. Will let u know if this mattress topper makes any difference.

Sultanajo Wed 11-Sep-13 20:20:35

extra! meant to say enjoy your high! Thats great they have given you something to help. Really hope it does the trick!,grin

BuntCadger Wed 11-Sep-13 20:58:19

Hi everyone smile

Thanks frizz for starting this thread xx

Sarah still thinking of your niece x

Toothfairy78 Wed 11-Sep-13 21:23:21

I have meeting with bosses tomorrow to plan my mat leave. The aim is finish up 13 December and return late July.

frizz I have been getting up to pee every single night between 2.30 and 3.30, except 2 nights this week. Which made me worry a bit. Then last night a tiny little someone woke me up at 3.20 with some prods at the bladder!

sarah you got a slow cooker? I have 2, a family size one and a 1.5L one for just the two of us. My most recent discovery with it is butter cooked turkey. Just quarter some onions, chuck in a turkey leg with a load of butter (like half a pack) n herbs. Leave on low for several hours and you get juicy falling off the bone turkey! You can add carrots n tatoes 1 hr before the end too.

Love how slow cookers turn cheap meat into melt in the mouth niceness!

Next weekend I want to try turkey cooked with lardons.

And you can do really lazy risottos, amazing chilli, biryani, cakes...

Hungry now.

I love food grin

sarahleanne Wed 11-Sep-13 21:24:20

thankyou bunt and all the rest of you too.The update is she has now been moved to Leicester hospital. Will keep you all informed.

sultanajo you have just made me so excited because you reminded me it's actially Christmas BEFORE our babies arrive. I had totally forgot this!! I just sent a text to DH saying how happy I was I could do xmas shopping as soon as I go on maternity leave because I leave 2 days after payday!

I really don't think this baby will be early so I'm not too worried about losing/having to carry over annual leave. I've neve gone into labour by myself but then again, could be 3rd time lucky I suppose.

sarahleanne Wed 11-Sep-13 22:19:13

argh sorry tooth ive only seen your post just then.I'm going to try risotto and I love chilli and chilli con carne.Although I am vegetarian which is a pain as everyone else eats meat in the family. maybe I will need 2 slow cookers aswell? grin

BuntCadger Thu 12-Sep-13 10:14:20

My 3rd was my quickest labour so far Sarah, I need membrane ruptured with other 2 ;)

I'm feeling very fat at mo sad don't like any maternity clothes I own and just feel huge. I know it all part of it and I love I'm pg but I'd got down to pre preg size for first time since (eldest is 13y) and now I feel gross. hmm

TobyLerone Thu 12-Sep-13 10:38:49

I'm with you, Bunt. I don't ever remember feeling this...cumbersome. Mind you, I wasn't this old last time!

alteredimages Thu 12-Sep-13 11:03:57

hello everyone!

glad to see scans have been going well and that you're feeling better toby. i've been AWOL for a few threads but now reporting for duty. DD has started school shockand the flat is almost inhabitable. the people staying while we were gone left us bedbugs, black mould and general grossness. they also broke all the expensive dishes i liked but not the cheap ones i hated. grrrr.

thnking of your niece sarah and praying for her recovery.

we had tye 2nd trimester scan last week and...it's a boy! everyone we've told seems gutted. my dad said "Oh! Welll, as long as it's healthy i suppose." grin

alteredimages Thu 12-Sep-13 11:06:45

forgot to say, I am also massive and cumbersome and generally feeling embarrassed. too many crisps. baby also small for dates so no excuse!

i too have hip pain while sleeping and had it with DD too when i wasnt so huge so i guess it just comes with the territory. went away after the birth though.

TobyLerone Thu 12-Sep-13 11:27:50

shock altered! What a horrible PITA to come home to sad

Congratulations on being Team Blue. Secretly I hope I join you!

Spacefrog35 Thu 12-Sep-13 11:58:40

altered your dad sounds just like mine! Made me chuckle.

Have total sympathy with everyone feeling fat. I still don't really have a bump to speak of I've just got 'thick' around the middle and a bit bulgy. I've always been bigger but at least before I had a waist so I could dress nicely, now I just feel frumpy. Only style that works is empire line but I don't have any clothes that work in this weather! Humph. Might go eat cake at least if I'm going to look like I have I might as well get the pleasure of it!

Yay for boys altered

So sorry about your flat though. Bedbugs are an utter fucker to get rid of. Do you have to stay there?

I'm fat as a cow, and only 22 weeks. What the hell am I going to look like come 30 weeks? Eek. I was quite compact first time round, but was also 25 and a lot a bit fitter.

Frizz1986 Thu 12-Sep-13 13:00:21

I am huge but kinda loving it. My bump feels pretty solid and I don't look that pregnant from the front so it seems to be all going in the same area which makes me very fortunate (I expect it will pile on around the sides soon enough)
Was rather skinny to begin with and had almost started to get a bit of a problem with my food/eating as I was so determined to stay skinny (after losing 4 stone) that I think I took it too far and was on the brink of something bad.
Pregnancy has really changed that tho. I love my changing shape and at the moment am not even bothered when people say "wow your bump is growing more and more every day"
I expect by the end I will want to slap them but just feeling pretty happy in my skin at the moment.
And the weight will come off eventually......... I hope!

Yay for a boy altered and for a good scan. I am still adament that we are blue, but got another 17 weeks to wait to find out.
Sorry about your place though. Some tenants can really suck.

sarah glad she has been safely moved. Still thinking of you all and hoping for the best.

toby I have a slow cooker and love it especially in winter. Its so nice coming home from work to yummy smells. I normally do a stew or there is a lush 16 hour lamb i have done before which is just a leg of lamb and a lot of garlic left for ages....(can't remember if you put a drop of stock in or not)

sultana I am hoping mine doesnt arrive early. I am planning on taking my hols from 23rd Dec and that will take me to Jan 2nd so can start mat leave then. Bubs isn't due til 10th so hoping thats ok. Just really want bubs to arrive on time (ish) and naturally as I dread a cs.

TobyLerone Thu 12-Sep-13 13:12:18

I'm currently experimenting with parsnip and cheese bread. No idea how it'll turn out, as I had to faff with it a bit. And we're having black bean, chilli and chocolate soup for dinner. Bit of a gamble, but it's not like I don't have time on my hands hmm

I've also spent the whole morning on the phone to insurance companies and the car dealership, trying to get things sorted to pick the car up on Saturday. Who knew buying a new car was so hard?!

Sultanajo Thu 12-Sep-13 14:41:59

OK, lots to catch up on.

Firstly anyone with hip pain at night, I folded up a duvet and slept on it last night and it did help a bit, so I am hopeful the egg crate mattress topper will be good also - will keep you posted.

Sarah that's great your niece has been moved - still keeping everything crossed for her! Yeah, I too forget it's actually Christmas - am due on 27th December, so I really must ensure I don't forget about Christmas entirely because unless bubs is early, it will be our last without bubs!

Bunt I too am feeling fat and self conscious have now put on 11.5lbs (was overweight to start with) so it doesn't make me feel great, especially as I worked so hard last year to lose weight for my wedding. However, am thinking in approx 15 weeks it will start coming off again - this isn't forever! So am keeping that in the back of my mind, every time I have a fat uncomfortable moment! wink

Altered that royally sucks about your flat! What a total fucker! Your scan news is however great news! Another boy! Hurray! I am actually getting really excited now about our bubs being a boy - so I am really pleased I found out because now I am just getting curious as to what he looks like! Plus I am really growing to love the name that I think we are finally sticking with, so that's a bonus!!!

Space I am loving the "may as well eat cake if I look fat anyway" attitude! grin

Om nom nom nom! The slow cooker recipes are making me dribble! Garlic lamb! YUM! Must make sure I remember not to eat anything after 8.30pm and just drink water, as have the GTT tomorrow morning! Ekkkk! Will finally know if it is the dreaded diabetes or I just have a chunky monkey! Really hope either way I get another scan just to check - it's making me really worried he won't fit down the birth canal or will get stuck which is one of my biggest fears. Just want him out safely!

Frizz I don't dread a CS. One of my other biggest fear is going overdue (which probably will happen as it's my first). There is a reason for this fear, but I am not going to share it as I can't even bear to think of it, let alone put it in writing, but it's because of something that happened to a friend of mine. I know it's unlikely to happen to me, BUT when it has happened to someone you know it very much makes it feel like a real possibility.... Therefore I would rather have a CS and know he is out safely than risk something happening to him. Really must be positive, but I know if I go overdue I will be a total wreck!!! Deep breaths Sultana - 15 more weeks before you need to start worrying about that! Many more things to worry about before! wink

Toby chocolate and chilli soup sounds interesting! You will have to let us know how that one turns out....! OMG buying a new car is FULL of hassle! Not as bad as moving house/planning a wedding, but I would say it's probably in the top ten of stress causing activities! Hope you get it all sorted!

Well I am a lucky little Sultana and have finished work for the week! Hu-frickin-ray! Just 9 more weeks left of work! Woop woop! The ad for my job went out this week so just praying decent people apply for it! Should find out next week who has gone for it (if anyone)....

AnotherStitchInTime Thu 12-Sep-13 15:11:57

Had anomaly scan today, all is well with the baby. We are in the pee in the eye crew, team blue as I predicted.

The bad news is that I have placenta previa which may or may not move out of the way, so I have to get scanned again at 28 weeks. There is a risk of bleeding and will have to be admitted if I do. NO SEX UNTIL AFTER THE BABY UNLESS IT MOVES AARRGH!!!!

Sarah glad to hear your niece has been safely moved.

Tooth I have a slow cooker, but it just sits in the cupboard, I think it is due a resurrection, must get a cook book to give me inspiration.

Congrats on your boy altered. That sucks about the bed bugs though, make sure you get the proper treatment, I know a few people who have had them, they are difficult to get rid of without several visits from the pest control experts.

TobyLerone Thu 12-Sep-13 15:22:19

No sex, Another? Bad times sad

Good luck with your GTT, sultana. Hope it's not too awful. Have a lovely long weekend smile

sarahleanne Thu 12-Sep-13 15:42:39

hiiiii everyone!

toby please stop making me jealous with your brand new car talk ha ha . I would quite happily go through hassle if I get a new car at the end of it. Mine is an absolute shit tip at the moment grin.Should have learnt my lesson not to drive with packets of crisps on my lap! they are now all over the floor

another no sex? I never got told this when I had DS and placenta praevia? Possibly because I was on my own then though and not with anybody. If it makes you feel better I am on 'no sex' too because DH is away hmm.

altered congrats on your boy secretly jealous boys are soooo lush!! And that's coming from someone who has one of each don't tell DD I said that grin

bunt your 3rd was your quickest? That's so what I wanted to hear, thankyou! Hopefully this one will just slide out ha ha lovely thought. If I have to be induced again I am going to cry!!

oh just had a text from DH , he is home tomorrow .smile Probably not for long though hmm.

update on niece- she's doing fab!! Im so proud of her the little fighter.She must of had a guardian angel watching over her to fall 5 floors and survive. They took her off sedation and she tried pulling her tubes out grin. So bloody pleased. Her oxygen is back up to 88% so she's definitely getting there now.Thanks for all your support.

sarahleanne Thu 12-Sep-13 15:43:22

I just realised how many faces I used in that oh dear

TobyLerone Thu 12-Sep-13 15:52:55

sarahl, if you will agree to take my DH to the station every morning, pick him up every evening, and take DS to rugby twice a week, you can have the car grin

That's such great news about your niece! I'm so pleased to hear that!

AnotherStitchInTime Thu 12-Sep-13 15:59:54

Brilliant news Sarah smile

I think the no sex rule is because I have major placenta praevia (it completely covers the cervix) and have had two previous c-sections so have a higher chance of placenta accreta. I didn't see the consultant though, just the registrar so I am hoping when I do see the consultant that she might relax the rule if I don't have any bleeding.

MrsGSR Thu 12-Sep-13 16:02:11

Sarah so glad to hear your niece is doing so well!

Yay for more boys! But boo to no sex and bad tennents sad

I hope you manage to get all the car stuff sorted Toby!

I might have to buy a slow cooker reading all these ideas! Yum! DH got home tuesday but is going away again on Sunday so we're treating ourselves to a Chinese tonight smile
DHs brother is coming to stay this weekend with his girlfriend, I'm very excited as I love them both, but we're in the middle of a spring (autumn?) clean so everything is everywhere. DH wants to sort through everything and throw out a load but I think it's all going to have to go back in cupboards for now!

This thread is not accepting new messages.