Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - High Five! The babies are coming!!

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 10:55:30

New thread smile

PseudoBadger Mon 16-Sep-13 07:23:29

Sorry you've all been awake sad I woke up every hour for the loo, but managed to sleep besides that. Your poor DS Rachel, how is he now?
Nice to see you Legally!
BP not great this morning (145/92) but I have DS all day so I'll see what it's like at lunchtime. DS days he wants to go to the farm.....

We need a new thread!

Racheld33 Mon 16-Sep-13 07:23:26

Thanks tarlia, I've been alternating between night walks round the garden and hot steamy shower room, feel really bad for him!

MrsHoratioNelson Mon 16-Sep-13 07:22:16

Got up with DH because I was in agony lying down. But at least we're having breakfast together. Well, he is ignoring me like usual at the table, but never mind.

clapham kill him. Kill him now. But don't sleep in the bathtub, you'll never get out again without help grin

Good luck today Kelly.

JellyCurls Mon 16-Sep-13 07:21:45

SC at 38 weeks

Baby is being a monkey, had no movement for most of yesterday and last night. Had most horrid dreams last night about baby so was obv playing on my mind. Getting squirms this morning but think I will call mw to see if they can check me out.

DH has selfishly taken his waterproof jacket to work leaving me option of wearing my high visibility work coat or squashing myself into my winter coat for school run. So to resemble a lollipop lady or a squashed pumpkin - what a choice

Tarlia Mon 16-Sep-13 07:18:45

Quick, someone make a new thread :O Im on my phone!

Tarlia Mon 16-Sep-13 07:17:56

We've been up and eaten breakfast. Waved DS and DP off and got back in bed. It's a grim wind autumn day here today.

rach poor DS sad Mine gets croup too, it's really not nice. Hopefully he will get some respite today and you can both catch up on sleep. Going outside helps my DS, there has been many nights (early hours) I've been out on the balcony with a bundled up kid riding it out.

GTbaby Mon 16-Sep-13 06:51:29

So early. confused Got lo jumping around our bed. Dh is on a night shift. Hopefully he gets back soon and has lo for an hour so I can sleep longer.

HotSoupDumpling Mon 16-Sep-13 06:47:44

Agh, stupid iPad ate my post. Just wanted to say good morning! Was up v early but didn't want to crack open the iPad too soon. Then got a craving for buttered toast (which was taken care of) and cleaned the kitchen a bit. Bizarre.

No costumes for baby have been bought yet, but I really really want a teddy bear one and a bee one!

Flyer747 Mon 16-Sep-13 06:14:03

Still awake here too hmm now eating crunchy nut cornflakes. At least we have no work today.

Racheld33 Mon 16-Sep-13 06:08:32

Been up since 2 with DS who has croup.

So tired I may just pass out. Baby better not come today!

roofio87 Mon 16-Sep-13 03:41:04

im awake here!!
dreading halloween a little, last year I went totally ott and bought in 50 mini bags of sweets and gave them all out!! there was a knock on the door every 30 seconds!! can't be doing with that with a newborn!! may go to pil's to escape!
Clapham sounds just like the kind of thing my dp would say!!grin
im definitely looking forward to the end of this pg now and baby.being here!! im going to get so impatient if I go over due!!

chickieno1 Mon 16-Sep-13 03:24:38

Well done you legally

chickieno1 Mon 16-Sep-13 03:23:49

Good luck tomorrow kelly will be thinking of you xx

Sorry you ladies can't sleep. SPD sounds dreadful gt, tarlia et al sad

It's just after 10 pm here and I'm knackered. Unfortunately I can't go to bed as ds is still awake!!!! Mil tried to put him to bed but no joy so dh in with him now!

Re dtd and semen I won't be going down that road at all grin. I almost killed myself dtd last time and still ended up with induction.....

mon you are like my countdown to CS smile. When you said 2 weeks and 4 days I was like that's soon. Then I remembered we've the same elcs date yikes!!

I am fed up though

Tarlia Mon 16-Sep-13 03:09:18

Ahhh, you amazing milk machine legally, fantastic job feeding two. Hope all is well with you guys flowers. That hormone is good, huh?

legallyblond Mon 16-Sep-13 02:58:14

Awake! But bf'ing babies so blissed out with that magic "bf therefore honestly don't feel that tired" hormone!

Tarlia Mon 16-Sep-13 02:55:58

Awake roll call...?

I'm awake now too. I feel your pain re SPD GT and Nelly. My pelvis is grinding out of position when I move and clonking back down after a cough or sneeze.

* flyer* I'm getting images of kids+dogs and ice creams- you lick I lick but with bites hehe. I know it wasn't like that. I didn't even know dogs ate apples, bless her.

Flyer747 Mon 16-Sep-13 02:25:35

Can't sleep here either. Managed 2 hours then woke up. Just went downstairs and me and the dog shared an apple grin blimin insomnia grrrr....

favellio Mon 16-Sep-13 02:24:43

Can I join the wide awake club too blush

HeffalumpTheFlump Mon 16-Sep-13 01:39:09

Can't sleep either, too uncomfortable sad it doesnt help that baby keeps getting the hiccups! Off to read a book :/

Nellysgirl Mon 16-Sep-13 01:08:03

GT - can I offer you a hug?
I too am having a tantrum. Back hips and leg pain driving me wild... Why only at night time?
It's the lonely time of day too... I'm sorry you are suffering. Currently running a bath that is likely to be warmer than it should confused xxx

GTbaby Mon 16-Sep-13 00:32:53

I'm so fucking sick of being in pain when I lay down in bed. It's so bad. It's fucking winding me up.
On my back I'm struggling to feel like I'm breathing easily. On my side is agony. Fucking bollacks SPD.

I'm been in bed an hour. And can't fucking sleep

GTbaby Mon 16-Sep-13 00:04:38

Nelly I find I get more "tightenings" in evening. Mw said this was normal. As your body relaxes in evening???!??

I'm not so sure about Bon fire night with a new born. Abit loud maybe? But in our culture things should be quite and calm around baby for at least 5weeks.

Just had a choc french breakfast pastry- which I can't work out how to spell! And a snickers ice cream for dinner grin

Off to sleep

notsoold Sun 15-Sep-13 23:42:42

Good luck Kelly.....

Haylebop12 Sun 15-Sep-13 23:13:33

Just popping in quickly before I go sleep... Will catch up properly in the morning.

Good luck tomorrow kelly

I am SOOOOO fed up, very restless tonight.

Already got baby a Halloween babygro off eBay. It's a velour skeleton complete with hat as they let you go 12 days over here ill be induced by 25th :-)

Now to find an elf suit....

Tarlia Sun 15-Sep-13 23:01:32

Urg, I did think that when I typed it nat but I couldn't bare make the reference boak. It's pills you swallow along with a sweep. No idea why I have the pesseries for DS1. I wouldn't say no to a cute pumpkin fleecy suit, but hard to find those things here as they have a different witchy day earlier in the year.

Hope you're ok pink. Some times the weekends can be tougher than the weekdays with expectations I think.

This thread is not accepting new messages.