Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - High Five! The babies are coming!!

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 10:55:30

New thread smile

textbook Tue 10-Sep-13 11:53:47

Falcon and Serious STOP!! My mouth is literally watering grin I bloody love Christmas and all of its foods, drinks and traditions. Plus lovely winter clothes - scarves, jumpers, wooly tights etc. And we will have lovely new babies to snuggle too. So exciting!

Umlauf Tue 10-Sep-13 11:55:03

Checng in

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 10-Sep-13 12:04:29

falcon sorry to hear about your bp, hope all goes well at your consultant appointment.

flyer I'm so looking forward to christmas!! I had been wondering if I would be ok to drink by then because of bfing, how will that work? It's just going to be so special having the baby and being with all the family. I can't wait. grin

Shirehobbit Tue 10-Sep-13 12:04:47

I've been viewing Christmas as a real target, this year - hoping we'll be emerging from the new born fog and being able to enjoy it.

Last year's was pretty rubbish; we were all over the place after a mc in November and to make it worse, I had a chemical pregnancy (or very early mc) between Christmas and New Year. Miserable.

What a difference a year makes grin

Checking in, SC @ 35+1- silly me thinking the thread might last until this evening grin

I'm so excited about Christmas now- when I MC just after last Christmas the thing that kept me going was that we still had time to have newborn snuggles by this Christmas! My mum is making a stocking for the baby this year that matches mine and my brothers'. I've had mine since my first Christmas and the rest have been made to match, with our names in glitter! Can't wait to see baby's one smile

Second antenatal class this evening, I'm expecting to see forceps handed round as that seems to be the done thing. Not sure if its supposed to reassure or what hmm

Thinking of those with babies on the way, not long now!

X-post Shire that sucks- what a difference a year makes indeed. We were lucky in some ways as we were on a high over Christmas and New Year and it felt really special. Big anti-climax in Jan but prob coped much better than I would have done over Christmas iyswim

SeriousStuff Tue 10-Sep-13 12:17:28

Heffa I don't want to be the one encouraging drinking on here...but from friends' experiences, you could express milk in advance of having a drink or have a glass of something in between feeds so it has time to work through your body/blood stream.

legallyblond Tue 10-Sep-13 12:21:03

Sigh. OWT. Still waiting as there was an emergency who took my second on the list slot! Should go in in an hour or so.

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 10-Sep-13 12:21:25

shire and feminist so sorry to hear about your mcs, so happy for you both that things couldn't be more different this year, you both deserve the best Christmas ever. smile flowers

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 10-Sep-13 12:23:54

Thanks serious. Ah no legally! Just out of curiosity how are you managing not being able to have any water? It's weirdly one of the bits I'm worrying about the most! An hour isn't too bad though, I can't believe you will be snuggling your babies so soon!! grin

PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 12:25:22

Legally! Thinking of you, hope you get down there soon x

Exciting stuff Legally!

Thanks Heffalump that's lovely of you (I may have cried if this was last Friday during my meltdown!)

Think there are quite a few of us on here that haven't had a straightforward road to motherhood, flowers all round! Daydreaming about singing Christmas songs to the baby while I'm putting up the tree smile

Think there was a convo a while back when I was trying to catch up about buying the baby presents. DP and I are going to buy one (small) present each for the baby but not tell each other what it is so we can open them on Christmas morning and one of us can be surprised. I liked the idea of older brothers/sisters opening the baby's present for them too.

Exciting that you're going to see your babies v soon, not that someone took your slot! hmm

PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 12:47:15

I'm another one who had last Christmas marred by a m/c - here's to this year!

claphammama Tue 10-Sep-13 12:56:17

thinking of you legally!!

And hope all goes well with your appointments today tarlia and favelio

pseudo sending you blood pressure lowering thoughts...

SC here at 34 weeks today. I'm jealous of all upcoming births... it feels like such a long wait for me compared to some of you. Although of course you never know! But best the baby still stays inside for at least 3 more weeks.

LOL - shire I wonder if any of us will use the LT abbreviation!

flyer I've heard that you shouldn't do exercise for at least 3 months after giving birth (whether natural or CS). The reason is that your stomach muscles part slightly in pregnancy (that's why we end up with these funny tummy shapes when we try to lift ourselves using our stomach muscles sometimes) so we should give them time to go back together to avoid being left with a permanent gap. Perhaps something you could ask your MW today and let us know what she says? I've been doing lots of walking with DS in the first months, miles and miles... And BF helps enormously too.

I'm also a recovering alcoholic grin so can't wait for my bottle glass of wine at Christmas. I'm planning to pump and store a lot of "good" milk in the freezer leading to Christmas and New Year and then "pump and dump" on the day.

And go falcon!! keep walking, bouncing, DTDing... whatever it takes! We need some baby news! grin

Kelly1814 Tue 10-Sep-13 12:59:45

Hi all

LOVING the Christmas chat! I intend to be heavily involved with fizz, cheese, mince pies, Michael buble and loving introducing the baby to all of this! (Minus wine etc of course)

36 weeks todayandless than a week until my c section. Still cannot believe it!

PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 13:07:29

I hope little Josie is doing ok, I keep thinking of her and PinkLady flowers

favellio Tue 10-Sep-13 13:13:36

All the best legally thanks

I'm back from scan. Fluid has decreased a tiny bit so its now on upper side of normal, so they're not too concerned. Baby is head down, spine to my left and kicking and punching my right hand side. I'm 36wks tomorrow and all the measurements are 36-37wks except baby's tummy which is measuring 40w4d!!!!!!!! So I'm now more concerned about pushing the tummy out than the head and concerned that my baby will look like Mr Potato Head!! Seeing the consultant tomorrow to discuss!!

Tarlia Tue 10-Sep-13 13:17:45

I've already sussed out that the hospital menu has organic Brie on it, so that will be the first thing I order post birth :D

badger what's that bp doing now, missy?

legally hope you are holding those babies now. What ARE they? I would hop around in excitement if it was physically possible...

Falcon are you 38 weeks? If they are certain you are in labour then ask them to break your waters..

I did lots of reading and apparently the amount of alcohol to go into your milk is minimal, so you can happily sit with one small glass of wine with baby feeding. Think of it like driving a car, if you wouldn't drive then don't feed baby BM at that feed.

Urg, so I had to spend two hours on CTG as she wasn't happy with baby's high HB, the little monkey wouldn't sleep. She is happy now, but I'm still stuck here waiting for my bloods to get back as she is concerned that my kidneys may be having trouble. Fx I get to go home soon as this chair is awful.

Natalieand Tue 10-Sep-13 13:17:51

This is exciting that u posted that at 12.21 saying should be going down in about an hour legally and I've only just seen the message so u could be going down right now!!

The buggy etc has been delivered but judging by what's on the boxes something's not quite what I ordered sighs x

HotSoupDumpling Tue 10-Sep-13 13:18:47

WHO mentioned mulled wine! AHhhhh, just the thought makes me happy!

We had our bugaboo delivered recently, it is so fun to play with (although DP kept trying to do things/pull levers/push buttons before reading the instructions properly angry )!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 10-Sep-13 13:19:18

Checking in to the new thread...

Fingers crossed for you Legally

Shire, Feminist and Pseudo sorry to hear of your losses. Another one here who found last Christmas/New Year hard...the baby I miscarried was due mid-December (so I'd been expecting to be cuddling a newborn at Christmas 2012) Then I found out I was pregnant between Christmas and New Year, only to start bleeding 48 hours later on New Year's Day.

Strange to think that sad day was 'officially' the start of this pregnancy - you really never do know what lies around the corner in life.

I hate it when people trot out the line about being more fertile after a miscarriage but - given our due dates - I wonder if there is some truth in it?

MrsHoratioNelson Tue 10-Sep-13 13:19:41

Checking in - SC here, although I did wonder if I was SWIL after my first aquanatal class.

Looking forward to being able to have champagne AND red wine at Christmas, rather than OR ohhhh an a Manhattan and then a dry Martini blush

I must say though, you're all making me feel bad about the eating thing - I am currently in Yo Sushi stuffing my face (admittedly its mostly hot stuff and chicken --and a Salmon Dragon Roll--) but I have been eating most things like normal. My rule on cheese was soft rind OR blue, not both, which ruled out my beloved Dolcelatte and I haven't had any pate or runny eggs, but I haven't really fancied either of those. Oh, and no mussels, but only cos I went off them.

I'm going to be a terrible negligent mother, aren't I? sad

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 10-Sep-13 13:22:01

Sorry to hear about your mc too pseudo. Sorry I haven't been on the thread that long so don't know everyone's journey to where we are now. So to all of those who have had a struggle, I'm so happy you are so close to having your much wanted babies now smile Christmas is going to be incredible for all of us!!

Just out of curiosity, who is Pink lady? Did she have her baby prematurely?

MrsHoratioNelson Tue 10-Sep-13 13:26:55

Pink lady had her baby early at about 34 weeks I think.

Sorry, I haven't checked - does the spreadsheet have a column for arrivals now? We might need it soon!

This thread is not accepting new messages.