Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - High Five! The babies are coming!!

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 10:55:30

New thread smile

PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 10:57:30

The all important and ever more relevant list:

SC - still cooking (pre EDD)
SFW - still f***ing waiting (post EDD)
OWT - on way to theatre (CS)
IP - induction in progress
SWIL - somewhere in labour
LIT -lost in transition

PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 10:58:40
HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 10-Sep-13 11:00:18

Marking place! This thread is going to be so exciting!!! I'm hoping my baby will stay put for this one though because there's still 4 weeks and 1 day til my cs. <crosses legs>

HotSoupDumpling Tue 10-Sep-13 11:02:27

Phew, that was close... marking place!

SeriousStuff Tue 10-Sep-13 11:03:40

I'm sort of with you Heffa, as much as I wish this baby would come early sometimes, I'm crossing my legs until 12th Oct...

The other day, I was just thinking back to when I was only 5 weeks pg, thinking how the 9 months or so would drag! Look at us now! In hindsight, the time has flown by until now.

roofio87 Tue 10-Sep-13 11:06:31

checking in, defo don't want to miss this thread!!smile

Natalieand Tue 10-Sep-13 11:06:44

wicked those threads with the substitutions made me chuckle

Thanks for the new thread pseudo x

This is gunna be the most exciting thread so far! Just think if legally was at the top of the list she could be holding two babies right now!!!!!

Smitten1981 Tue 10-Sep-13 11:08:09

Don't even start me on Tesco substitutions, I wanted to make a risotto and they substituted spinach for 4 bags of salad that didn't even have spinach in, they did it EVERY week despite me returning the items every time. I gave up with them in the end.

I like the idea of home shopping and go through bouts of doing it, but I find they don't have very good quality control, so I always end up with fruit and veg that's mushy or mouldy and has to be thrown away.

Ocado regularly break things and they leak over everything too. They also have a habit of delivering broken boxes with the contents half missing. I've pretty much got fed up with all the delivery places over the past 2 years or so.

Smitten1981 Tue 10-Sep-13 11:09:00

...carrying on from the last thread by the way. I realise that looks totally out of context on the new thread!

claphammama Tue 10-Sep-13 11:09:42

no time to catch up but checking in!

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 10-Sep-13 11:14:20

Serious I found out at 3+4 and thought the same. It's absolutely flown by though!! I can't believe how much my body has achieved in such a short amount of time.

smitten ah the wonders of supermarket substitutions. hmm

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 10-Sep-13 11:17:19

Quick question, how do I make my name purple on the spreadsheet again? I was purple, but now I'm not. I'm still having a cs!

Flyer747 Tue 10-Sep-13 11:18:32

Checking In...

MW appointment shortly 35+3 hoping baby is no longer breech.

I'm thinking its turned as getting loads of pressure on my Foof at the mo.

Pseudo missed the part about your bp hope it drops chick x

Me and DH were having the "how quick has this pg gone" convo yesterday, we decided it's because it's all happened in one year, with the DD's we were due March so part of the count down was "next year" or "after Christmas" smile

Flyer747 Tue 10-Sep-13 11:20:30

I'm so excited about being able to drink at Xmas, anyone else feeling over joyed about this?

Also a little more special Xmas will be from now on grin

Checking in a few more contractions after DTD getting so frustrated :S have a consultant appointment at 2.20 hoping my blood pressure is not too high again im normally 120/70 at max last few times since i started contracting 149/83 shock

textbook Tue 10-Sep-13 11:32:06

Thanks Pseudo smile

Oh god yes Flyer, I'm looking forward to a boozy Christmas (assuming the expressing is going well by then!) Probably sound like a total alcoholic, but I really love a nice bottle glass of wine, and it will be lovely and festive to make mulled wine etc when it gets chilly grin

Can't wait for baby news today... SC myself, but 36+4 and this time in 2 weeks will be at the hospital having my CS! About to arrange delivery of Bugaboo, John Lewis have been kindly storing it for me for months now, but I want to get it assembled so I'm all ready. Argh!!

textbook Tue 10-Sep-13 11:32:55

X post, hope all ok with your BP Falcon. Come on baby Willow!!!

Natalieand Tue 10-Sep-13 11:36:30

falcon what's the possibility of asking your consultant for a sweep?

Flyer747 Tue 10-Sep-13 11:38:35

Textbook defo love the mulled wine m&s' is lush, minced pies (although I will be dieting grin) Xmas songs on whilst putting the tree up, love the smell of a real tree. And lots of Stilton, Camembert, black sticks blue cheese all with lashings of chutney grin I'm easily pleased.

SeriousStuff Tue 10-Sep-13 11:38:51

Flyer I'm not ashamed to say that we timed DTD so I wouldn't miss last Christmas and would be well and truly off the wagon by the next! Mulled wine, Amaretto sours, hot toddies, port...plus cured meats, pate, brie (how I've missed brie!) and if we get snow again, being able to run and roll around in it with the dog!

And maybe, treating myself to a nice new (small-ish) dress for all these Christmas party invites I'm hoping for!

GTbaby Tue 10-Sep-13 11:51:05

SC

I'm getting more emotional sad crying for NO reason.
All the supermarket chat prompted me to write a shopping list. Dh asks why in writing a list
"cos my cereal has finished and i have no snacks for my hospital bag" dh-"ok, well you've justified the trip then , ill go later"
me-"stop making fun of me" sob sob sob.
Argh I'm so dumb. Lol. I usually find any old excuse to go tesco and it winds him up as our fridge will be full.

Re exercise flyer. I went shopping / lots of walking about 7weeks post natal and it exhausted me. Keep in mind I was only walking around the house before this and hadn't done any exercise (swimming, Pilates, yoga) since 6months preg.

I would suggest start off with long walks to assess your fitness. And very gradually increase the intensity.

Leaving bubs with dh is perfect. Also means baby will be used to a short time without you. My sil is struggling with leaving her 7month old as she screams if she even leaves the room!

Anything else???... I can't remember.

Lo is asleep so going to do my nails smile

Sanjifair Tue 10-Sep-13 11:51:10

Checking in.
Very exciting with some babies expected any day now! Good luck to all!
Flyer, the recommendations for post partum exercise are 6 weeks after a natural birth and 12 weeks after a c-section. Last time I went for walks reasonably soon after the birth, 2 or 3 weeks maybe with baby in a sling or in buggy. Ran for the first time the day of my 6 week check (just 2 miles on the treadmill (we have one at home) and then ventured out for a 5K run that weekend. I am planning to wait until 6 weeks again this time (assuming natural delivery). I want to do the 30 day shred to lose my baby weight and regain some fitness this time, but am not sure when it would be appropriate to start doing that. I might leave it until I have been running a little while first, but not sure really. I had no problems with resuming running at 6 weeks, fingers crossed for this time too.

Christmas, well anything will be better than DS's first Christmas. We all had flu, and DS had a chest infection on top. All our guests cancelled coming as they were ill too, we didnt even open our presents on the day as we felt so crap, we had Christmas on the 27th instead, and then Christmas with our families at the end of January! The turkey went in the freezer.

roofio87 Tue 10-Sep-13 11:51:46

yes I'd say don't leave your pram/travel system too late. we got ours but the brakes are faulty so it has to go back and get swapped, glad we had time to do it!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.