Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduated Elderberry Pavlovas - Thread 7

(1000 Posts)
Cavort Sat 07-Sep-13 13:52:52

Newly diffed right through to new Mums. A thread for the over 30's expecting their first baby.

Cavort Sat 12-Oct-13 20:36:56

Oh Mother flowers I think a very frank conversation is in order before baby arrives.

I have been on a lovely spa day today with friends while DH manned the baby fort with a fridge full of expressed. It was nice to have a break and some me time but I really missed Elodie even though I was only gone for 10.5 hours, I really couldn't wait to get back to give her a cuddle. I must try to remember that thought when the little monkey keeps me up all night. smile

MotherOfCleo Sat 12-Oct-13 19:43:03

Thanks purple, yep he wouldnt take it well sad
In the end I went and did the food shop just to get out and try to snap myself out of it. Just sometimes feel really lonely. Really need to be positive and remember all the things I have grin

flowers I really feel for you Mother. I would say can't you talk to him about it and explain how you feel but I understand that if he's anything like mine it will be in one ear and out the other and not a damn thing will change.

MotherOfCleo Sat 12-Oct-13 17:38:04

just been for a nice pub lunch with friends, useless OH has gone for a nap while I'm stuck feeding the animals and generally feeling pissed off. sad Im tired but feel bad leaving the dog when weve been out all afternoon, plus I cant get comfy as my hips kill after running through the rain to get to the car last night. Running in boots when 36 weeks is not a good idea. Why oh why do I have to have such a selfish OH?!? Plus he is talking about going to.play golf in the morning so once again I am left to deal with the dog walking alone....this is getting so old now! sad

Yes I think I would just put the extra side on Hazle if I were you. I keep thinking about moving her out of the Moses basket and into the cot but it's so big being a cot bed that I think she'd look a bit lost in it!

HazleNutt Sat 12-Oct-13 10:14:50

I'm not sure what to do with the co-sleeper we have, as Vic has discovered that it's more fun to sleep in our bed and simply rolls out of his cot now. In this sleeping bag. I don't think it would be safe to build any barriers in between, he would just roll against those. Maybe should just put the 4th side up and make it into a normal cot?

BelissimaLol Sat 12-Oct-13 10:09:36

Glad I'm not the only chubster then gringrin
On other news finally seem to be able to express again. Only a shitty 1oz and it's taken ages but at least better than the zilch I've had for the past week! If that continues I'm determined to go back to Zumba this week!

HazleNutt Sat 12-Oct-13 08:41:12

I'm a little under pre-pregnancy weight, but as I was fatter than I like then as well, would ideally love to lose about 2 stone. Will be happy with 1 too. My face just looks so much prettier when I'm slimmer, I seem to collect all the fat in my chin and cheeks and look bloated when chubby. Will be difficult when I go back to work, I'm not really sure where to find time to exercise. Am still wearing bikini though for the holiday next week.

janey1234 Sat 12-Oct-13 08:21:39

Lol - I want to lose another stone at least for wedding dress fitting, so have a long way to go still. You're not alone! One of my friends told me she didn't lose any weight whilst breastfeeding, yet it dropped off with no effort once she stopped. Maybe the same will happen to you. And don't worry what you look like in a swimming pool, I certainly don't; post baby is the one time in life I've got a decent excuse wink

Much better night with Miles - hooray - he woke only once for a feed at 3.30am. Annoyingly I couldn't get back to sleep until gone five though angry

BelissimaLol Sat 12-Oct-13 06:45:50

Well purple you're not alone. I am officially fat and have nothing to wear cause I refuse to buy fat clothes. I don't seem to be seeing this magic bf weight loss either and am still 1st 5 away from pre pg weight confusedconfused. Hopefully it will get better after 3 months?
I too am seriously craving sweets like I never have before!
I'm fully expecting a panic tomorrow when trying on swimwear for this lesson as I'm doing lots of stuff today and won't have time!
Anyone else doing swimming? How much is it costing you?

BraveLilBear Sat 12-Oct-13 04:56:38

The sugar thing is sleep deprivation - I'm the same, used to hate chocolate, now I'm doing a ten-to-nine dash to the corner shop for urgent chocolate consumption a couple of times a week.

Tho that could be hormones. Have had AF cramps for 5 days now (on top of 2 weeks on and off PMS aches) butstill no AF. Ironically, this is how I found out I was pregnant, 11 months ago.

For the record, there is no way on earth I could be expecting again so soon. I just want it to blooming well get on with it (not something you hear very often round here, eh!)

Yes I appear to be fat in inches more than lbs, all I know is I can't fit in any of my clothes and my stomach looks all doughy. I'm doing an hour yoga/Pilates blend class and 45 mins swimming a week but I've become a sugar fiend which can't be helping. Weird because I never had much of a sweet tooth before, I used to throw chocolate away because it had gone off!

Cavort Fri 11-Oct-13 23:12:42

Purple you said not long ago that you were only a few lbs off pre-pg weight so you're not fat. Or if fat means nothing to do with weight and means you have a belly which wobbles much more than it used to then you can count me in on that. hmm

But I'm fat AND I have a baby who doesn't sleep, it's not faaaaair!

Cavort Fri 11-Oct-13 22:51:37

I have been at pre-pg weight since she was about 6 weeks old without any effort at all, in fact I have been eating loads more sweets then usual. I would however rather be fat with a baby who sleeps all night but you can't have everything I suppose. I think any 3-6 month weight loss for me will be facilitated by having to spend 2 sodding hours per day walking with the pram to get Elodie to sleep past 40 minutes. angry

I want to know how come the weight seems to be dropping off everyone else and I still feel like a weeble. Where's my magic 3-6 month weight loss hmm? <glares at Cavort>

janey1234 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:30:13

Oops posted too soon

But wish swimming costumes suited me. Am in some kind of awkward swimwear halfway house. confused

And I can confirm that Alex looks annoyingly good in a bikini.

janey1234 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:28:59

Purple - I always wear bikinis the bottoms at least - see previous conversations about topless BBQ's but no way could I have done when preggers. I hope to return to them one day as swimming costumes do nothing for my boobs and tankinis seem to rise up to expose just the worst part of my belly

Funny isn't it Alex how different things suit different people because even when I was at my thinnest I looked crap in a bikini, I just can't wear them, they look terrible on me. Was last seen in public in a bikini aged 3 grin

janey1234 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:25:28

I stopped wearing bikinis because of the stupid cavernous belly button and stripe up my middle. No poor sods needed to see my belly, it is was gross.

Quod - she's lovely really honest, you'd love her lies through teeth yes she's been to puppy training classes with clicker training and to agility, unfortunately OH isn't consistent enough and doesn't put the time or work in and in my opinion she doesn't get enough exercise so her behaviour is a bit hit and miss as she just doesn't listen when she's excited. Whereas my dog was on a display team when she was that age (though she's turning a bit naughty in her old age) so I get annoyed as I like my dogs well behaved but you have to out the work in and he doesn't. No doubt in a few short months we'll be arguing about his inconsistent parenting habits as well.

Alexandra6 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:17:12

Thanks quod, spent a few days really shaken up about it but feeling better now smile

Alexandra6 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:15:34

I only ever wear bikinis, even pregnant, just think they flatter me more. This may well change when I see my post baby belly!

Quodlibet Fri 11-Oct-13 22:13:25

Alex I wrote a longer message earlier and it didn't post saying sorry to hear about your accident, and how scary. Glad you are all OK.
Cupboards are bare here too like mother Hubbard as DP hasn't had time to go to the supermarket and I am past the point of being able to carry heavy bags home.

Purple I am afraid you are not selling your wolf to me sad. I've always wanted a GSD but husky/malamutey breeds are pretty high maintenance I have heard. Not fair at all of him to lumber you like that. Might be far too much hassle right now but have you tried clicker training at all? There's lots of good videos on YouTube of how to do it and it can be amazingly fast, and lots of it you could do from the comfort of the sofa.... Not sure how effective it'd be on your DP which is who needs training by the sounds of it but the dog might pick something up wink

Cavort Fri 11-Oct-13 22:12:05

I never bothered with one, I just stretched an old tankini thinking I would buy a new one afterwards, which then never happened so now I am going on a posh spa day tomorrow wearing a misshapen tankini. Oh well, fuck it, I have 10 hours off from Mum duties tomorrow and fully intend to make the most of it even if I do look like a twat.

This thread is not accepting new messages.