Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

MARTIANS 2014 - Thread 7: Are you due next March? Do you have wrecking balls for breasts? Getting moist over iCandys? Then come and talk shyte with us..

(1000 Posts)
greymoose Sat 14-Sep-13 08:59:19
greymoose Sat 14-Sep-13 08:59:09
greymoose Sat 14-Sep-13 08:59:00
greymoose Sat 14-Sep-13 08:58:52
greymoose Sat 14-Sep-13 08:58:43
greymoose Sat 14-Sep-13 08:58:15

Sorry but my OCD can't handle these gaps!

Next thread!

Imeg Fri 13-Sep-13 20:09:02

I think I would be uncomfortable with anyone touching the bump (except maybe in very late stages if they ask first).

Have felt irrationally worried today that something has gone wrong in
there - absolutely no reason to think that at all, but I think despite 3 scans I still keep thinking it could be a mistake. I think I'll need a proper bump (currently nothing convincing) and/or feeling it move in order to feel a bit more secure about it all. Or maybe I'll just end up worrying constantly!

MTBMummy Fri 13-Sep-13 15:09:23

F&T - I think I've felt it move a few times now - nothing definite but a bubbly fluttery feeling - it makes me smile even if it is just wind grin

faithfulandtruthful Fri 13-Sep-13 13:54:19

MTB I can't say I'm tempted but I'm trying to be a cslm cool and collected pregnant person following my complete wig out at the begining. No doubt though it was amazing. Cant wait til I can feel it moving.

F&T

MTBMummy Fri 13-Sep-13 13:17:03

Thans Choc and Mummy - just a bit of a wobbly day today - so thank you for the words of support

Great new F&T - I'm very tempted to get myself a doppler... I want to hear its heart beat

MTBMummy Fri 13-Sep-13 13:15:31

Have created a new thread as we've almost finished this one

here

faithfulandtruthful Fri 13-Sep-13 12:36:41

Hello all.

I saw my MW yesterday all is well, I was pleased my iron isnt low. Has anyone else been told their platlets were a bit low? MW didn't seem concerned she said your blood can get 'watered down'whilst your pregnant.

The one thing I just have to tell you all is.. I HEARD THE HEARTBEAT! Its the first time we have heard it rather than seeing it. I'm 14 and a half weeks so I was pleased MW could find it. I'm finally feeling exited, why is hearing the heartbeat a bigger deal to me than the scan?

In other news, I finally cracked, I was down to one bra and it was making my boobs rather sore so I bought... two bras, the same design one in black one white. I am now a bone fide paid up member of the mono tit club. Just for the record no I do not like non underwired bras they sux!

Choc April stole all the twins! Either of the ladies have an early April due date which could end up being a late march delivery? It's starting to look like the only way march will see twins!

F&T

Morning all.

Apparently my baby is a turnip this week (16+3 allegedly).

Good luck to today's scannees.

justmuddlingthroughit Fri 13-Sep-13 11:30:31

Ooh, fox, don't go walking under any ladders now... wink

FoxMulder Fri 13-Sep-13 11:09:39

Morning all! Hello & welcome newbies!

Sorry for all of you who have lost your mums. I can't imagine not having my mum around, so I really feel for you. flowers

I'm 13 weeks today. On Friday 13th. Good job I'm not superstitious!

justmuddlingthroughit Fri 13-Sep-13 10:40:05

choc, welcome! When's your scan? I feel my baby may well end up being an April baby, as I'm due on the 24th, but 41 - 42 week pregnancies seem to be the norm in my family. I'm staying here though, cos everyone's so chatty and that's how I like it! We do seem to be getting through a thread per week though, so don't try to keep up with everything... grin

ChocChaffinch Fri 13-Sep-13 10:35:48

MTBMummy - baby will know how wonderful your mum was because you can tell her thanks my dd (age7) adores looking at old photos and hearing about her ancestors (rum bunch they are, too)
family stories and memories are very important. they are family heirlooms, if you like.

ChocChaffinch Fri 13-Sep-13 10:32:11

yo yo hounddogs, how are you all. I've been hobnobbing on April thread as I'm due 4/4 but will be having section so straddling thiss'un too.

think there are 2 sets twins on April, can't believe none here with the amount of Martians there are.

My scan is next week... just one baby will be fine though thanks. wink

11+1

MummyPig24 Fri 13-Sep-13 09:33:25

MTB I understand how you feel. My mum died 10 years ago and my dad is an alcoholic so essentially I have no parents. I wish my mum was around to see my children. In laws are very nice, but quite hands off, and its not the same as having my own mum around.

I'm on my own this morning as dd and ds are both at school. It's so weird! I have to collect dd at 12.

The cat left me a nice present in the kitchen, a nice pile of shit on the floor. He never, ever used a litter tray so we only get it out when we are on holiday and my brother is checking in on him. But I'm going to start using it again if he is going to be shitting on the floor. I can't be cleaning that up.

MTBMummy Fri 13-Sep-13 08:56:11

sorry for the depressing derailment there - not a good day

MTBMummy Fri 13-Sep-13 08:46:49

Welcome Meg, Panto and Happy

and congrats to the scanees - i'm surprised we still don't have twins...

Re the bump touching I hated it - but hated even more the girl who thought is was fine to grab my tits every time she commented on how big they were getting.

Have told our close friends and lots of hugs and congrats all round, most knew about the miscarriage so are over joyed that this one appears to be sticky.

Told PIL's a couple of weeks ago - we went to visit them and it was obvious I was expecting - MIL was a bit Meh about it (charming woman) and FIL was sweet, but not overly excited, but at least was great about trying to make sure I felt well and took naps if I needed them.

My sister is over the moon, and can't wait to be an aunt again, and my dad is really happy. The sad thing is I wish my mum was still here (we lost her to cancer late last year) , I was so close to her and I know I could have discussed my doubts, concerns anything with her and she would have listened given me a hug and helped me see the way forward. She was also the perfect grandparent, loved DD without question, always put her first, even in her last weeks she was making an effort to play with DD and her dolls house. My dad has never net DD and MIL is very hands off (cares more about her dogs) and FIL while lovely just isn't at the same high level my mum was - I feel awful that flea is going to grow up never knowing my mum and what a great woman she was

Rockchick1984 Fri 13-Sep-13 08:30:14

Lumps just refuse, and call a manager to say no one is able to do it. Why should you risk doing yourself an injury, if she is telling the truth she can get a fit note from the dr then its up to management to decide what alternative arrangements to put in place. Your body is producing Relaxin, so although heavy lifting is unlikely to hurt the baby, there's a very good possibility that you will pull a muscle and be out of action for a while!

Pramster do whatever you need to do, we are all here when you feel ready to come back. thanks

So as everyone else has said. I had an awful time when having DS, my manager was a complete bitch and it just got progressively worse. I ended up suffering with antenatal depression, caused almost certainly by her behaviours towards me. It meant I was signed off for a lot of my pregnancy so she shot herself in the foot really - struggled a lot being understaffed and head office wouldn't authorise any cover until I started mat leave at 36 weeks smile

lumpylumps Fri 13-Sep-13 08:21:05

Re the bump rubbing, no one's tried it yet but last time one girl who was a carer in a residential home I visit asked me to lift my top so she could feel my naked bump!!!!!!!!!! Another random girl used to shout at it! There are some odd people about and some seem to think that a baby bump is fair game!!!!!

pram do what you need to buy you know we're all here for you and would like odd up dates just so we know you're ok!!! Hope you feel better soon.

Welcome newbies.

I'm having a shit time at work too, my colleague has been trying for a baby for years and takes her infertility out on those who are foolish enough to dare get pregnant. Her latest trick is to claim she has tendonitis and is refusing to do any heavy work, leaving it all for me. Including expecting me to roll a 30st man on his side!!! My manager still hadn't done my risk assessment. I know there small moans compared to some but it's Friday, my busiest day and the end of the week and the most likely day formerly have a melt down!!!!!

liberuna Fri 13-Sep-13 08:03:12

so check out the ACAS website and look up bullying. "any language and behaviour" that makes you uncomfortable is unacceptable. As you keep track of what boss is doing make sure you put it in writing quoting the legal stuff. He can say it was a joke all they like but if you've made it clear you don't like it, it has to stop.

apprenticemamma Fri 13-Sep-13 07:40:06

congrats wonder everyone......flex your pelvics on the count of three...!! I'm off to a wedding, catch up tomorrow wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.