Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2014 - the one where we start to find out if we're team pink or blue!

(1000 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 04-Sep-13 20:37:52

So I used the magic 1000th post in the last thread... ooops grin

Champagnebubble Wed 25-Sep-13 13:22:06

thanks dawn, on to another thread already, wow!

tinypolkadot Wed 25-Sep-13 13:06:40

Ooh, I've got that diary too Laura, it's lovely. I really need to stick some photos in soon (and write some entries)

bugsyburge Wed 25-Sep-13 12:54:45

thanks dawn

DawnOfTheDee Wed 25-Sep-13 12:40:21

Hope no-one minds but i've sorted a new thread here

grin

laura0007 Wed 25-Sep-13 12:35:06

I have a diary especially for pregnancy that my friend bought me for my birthday. I'm not clever enough to do links but it's on amazon and it's called bump to birthday. It goes from being 9 weeks pregnant to babies 1st birthday and you fill it in every week. There's lots of spaces for photos and I love looking back already about the early days.

Champagnebubble Wed 25-Sep-13 12:25:52

Zazou, hope everything works out and gd is the explanation.... sending good luck and positive vibes your way.

Missk, that's really uncalled for IMO! Was she trying to be helpful? You're obviously just a better teacher than her! Don't feel bad about not being in, you need to be better for you and bubs....

I'm keeping a mammoth spreadsheet of appointments dates and thoughts <saddo alert!>

misskatamari Wed 25-Sep-13 12:19:50

Zazou - really pleased that hopefully is just gd an everything else will come back fine. Lovestobake - the diary idea sounds lovely, I must start doing it!

God I have just got three separate emails from the woman covering my year 11s saying how awful they were and just say eating and were abusive and it was "a waste of an hour of their education". It's really upset me as I'm feeling ill and sick and been coughing all night and I feel guilty enough about being off without being made to feel like I'm totally shit and ruining children's education! hmm Time for some hormonal tears and feeling sorry for myself.

LovesToBake Wed 25-Sep-13 12:08:46

Shropshire and Marzipanned I can't recommend more highly keeping a diary on and off throughout the pregnancy - I started at about 20 weeks with my DS - only wrote every couple of weeks but I love looking back at it now. I would also say to everyone, try to find the time soon after the birth to scribble down everything you remember about the experience. Again, I love reading mine back now and wondering how it will go this time. I've also kept the same diary going to record key developments and milestones with DS - hoping it will be useful this time around so I can look back and see what he was doing at the different ages in terms of feeding (how long, how often), sleeping and just general developments.

I'm counting down the days until our scan on 7th Oct. Annoyed as we could have had it on 3rd Oct but at the time, DH thought he might have a work trip to Paris that day so we went for 7th but now he doesn't have that work trip, grrrr! Must be patient...

Camwombat Wed 25-Sep-13 11:51:29

Julietee I'll join you in wishing the weeks away. I have consultant on the 9th where I will find out if they will do growth scans, if not, best start saving the pennies for a private gender scan. I know I cant wait until Feb and I have offer of loads of girls clothes

DawnOfTheDee Wed 25-Sep-13 11:42:44

Zazoe - glad you got some answers and although probably not usually a call for celebration I can totally understand the relieft of a gd diagnosis.

Went to docs this morning again about my back. Saw very nice doctor who has given me some exercises to do and also prescribed a strong painkiller that i can take at night so hopefully will be able to sleep. Said to see how that goes and if still having trouble go back in a week or so.

Zazou1 Wed 25-Sep-13 11:25:13

Mrscookie- I totally forgot you had a cvs, sorry! Yes the wait will be awful.....although just had a call to day I have gestational diabetes! Doesn't eliminate the other potentials so not going to 'celebrate' (how ridiculous that ill be celebrating if its only GD...) until we have full results but am hoping it may well be down to this..

Julietee Wed 25-Sep-13 11:19:59

Yes! It's forever + forever.
We're planning on having another scan in the third trimester privately. God knows how I'll manage that as it's been hard enough waiting since the 12 week scan!

laura0007 Wed 25-Sep-13 11:13:12

I was like that Julie too. It feels like we've been pregnant FOREVER and I still have 19 weeks to go yet blush

Champagnebubble Wed 25-Sep-13 10:57:53

Julietee, I felt like that, I was wishing the weeks away. It does come round though, that's an inevitable. smile. Not that helps I know, I tried to keep myself busy smile.

Julietee Wed 25-Sep-13 10:54:54

My scan isn't till the 7th and I WISH I could fast-forward the days.... feels soooo long! Even though I know it'll be a really, really long time after that. Gah.

Champagnebubble Wed 25-Sep-13 10:39:59

Hey Poppy, your employer cannot deduct from your SMP so as this is part of SMP and you wont be on full pay then no, from my knowledge they can't. Do they have an internal payroll person or is payroll outsourced? If outsourced then they should get it right. Another tactic would be to call ACAS on speaker phone with HR in the room, that'll tell them!

Good luck for your scan Mrs Cookie. smile

mrscookie78 Wed 25-Sep-13 10:14:18

Hello to every one!

I kind of know what your going through Zazou, i had the cvs done and waited 17 days for all the results. It was crap waiting as my cells were growing too slowly and had to wait, then they weren't ready and had to wait again. Ours did come back clear fortunately, I hope you get some good results and will be thinking of you! Just take it easy for a couple more days as i felt quite odd and slow after mine.

I'm really nervous for my scan tomorrow after last time.

Malteaser1982 Wed 25-Sep-13 08:54:40

Hey ladies! I'm still here smile sorry for going awol but what with the house move, DD starting school this week and work being manic at the moment, I don't have the time (and energy) to catch up with the thread (at least I follow some of the posts on fb)! Booo

All's well here (well apart from the sickness bit)! Have a scan on fri and we'll hopefully find out what we're having - I have a feeling it's a boy (heart rate around 140bpm whereas DD used to be over 160) but who knows! Very eager to know, at least I get to either wash DD's clothes or give them away.

Zazou1 Wed 25-Sep-13 08:54:34

Aw thanks guys for your comments-that Emily Oster article was really interesting-thanks knitting.

Asked about the Harmony test as we went to that clinic in London when we got the high risk downs result at 12 weeks. Didn't have the harmony then, just another scan which was more detailed.....anyway the harmony only does a test for Downs(no risk of m/c) but none of the other chromosome disorders so no good for me really :-(

Ended up having the amnio yest-it was fine. Felt so awful afterwards for doing it but its fine now. Prelim results (3 most common disorders) by Fri hopefully. Should know if I have an infection too by then. Full amnio results not for 2 weeks! What agony that's going to be! Did glucose test too which I should find out about today....kind of hope it's that (if not just a big babba) as seems the best case scenario!!

Phew-what a week! Thanks ladies for your comments and huge good luck to all having scans this week smile

20+4

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 25-Sep-13 08:28:36

Welcome penguin I'm expecting #3 too, and am due 21st, so as I have to have a section, will probably be meeting my little girl around the 14th. Boys are fabulous by the way, I have two of them and they make me laugh every day. They are like chalk and cheese, eldest is nerdy and doesn't relate well to other people and basically a mini Sheldon from Big Bang Theory and youngest is really affectionate and sensitive. Both excited about the prospect of having a little sister though I think DS1 is in denial about how much noise babies make. We walked past a crying baby at the weekend and he muttered (loud enough for the mother to hear and look hurt) 'Oh for goodness' sake! What a horrible noise!' I was blush I swiftly told him that his little sister will cry and make lots of noise and he said 'Not like that she won't!' Boy is he in for a shock... grin

FatPenguin Wed 25-Sep-13 07:44:35

Thanks smile been up since 4 being sick and coughing oh the joy of pregnancy!
Laura - yes won't be long, just got to get Christmas out the way and we're on the home stretch! Good luck to your friend enjoy the new baby cuddles

laura0007 Wed 25-Sep-13 07:21:38

Welcome penguin..

I was far too excited to sleep last night, my best friend is having a Caesarian this morning due to her awkward baby still being breech! She will be a mummy soon and I can't wait for a cuddle. That will be us in a few months gringringrin

Poppy954 Wed 25-Sep-13 03:16:32

Hi penguin. I'm due 14th too with number 3. Scan on Friday. Congratulations on you blue scan.

Congratulations on all the scans this week and good luck for scans the rest of the week.

Sore throat here too ( and a bit of insomnia ) hence ridiculous o'clock post.

Finally had my HR maternity meeting today and she said I would pay my own childcare vouchers in the first 6 weeks (90%) pay period which conflicts with what
Payroll told me - that they would pay in that 6 weeks as it's smp. Champagne do you know? Sorry to keep going on about it!!

FatPenguin Tue 24-Sep-13 22:58:10

Hello all can I join smile I am due 14th February and had anomoly scan today. Found out we are having a boy, which is no surprise as I had a gut feeling. DH is beside himself knowing he will have a son smile
I still have sickness and got a stinking cold but will be 20 weeks on friday and can't wait to start the countdown.

Julietee Tue 24-Sep-13 20:24:35

I just read in 'Bumpology' that if you have a gut feeling about the sex and have no strong preferences influencing you, you are 70% likely to be right!

I've been feeling all along that I'm having a boy, despite wanting a girl. I know this sounds daft but I'm comforting myself with what a lovely boy Michael Cera is in Arrested Development blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.