Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 - the one where we start to find out if we're team pink or blue!

(1000 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 04-Sep-13 20:37:52

So I used the magic 1000th post in the last thread... ooops grin

DawnOfTheDee Wed 04-Sep-13 20:45:29

No worries jazzcat I'm sure everyone will find us here soon!

Was just watching last night's midwives programme and DH asked me whether all c-sections were carried out with anaesthetic. Worrying. Very worrying. This is our second DC. I am married to an alien.

ch1134 Wed 04-Sep-13 20:46:43

Bear so sorry, I've had a tough time at work in the past and wouldn't wish it on anyone - esp in our condition! think of the maternity leave coming up, and don't let them get away with anything illegal - like discrimination. You shouldn't be made to feel bad at all but if it's due to pregnancy it's not allowed!
Teacher here and posted on the TES forum re: maternity leave. I'm due 27th Jan and advice I've been given is to put first day of new term in Jan as first day of ML, and first day of Summer hols as last day. Seems cheeky and school will hate it as they're so tight with money at the best of times (we're all on weird nearly full time contracts), but it is allowed. I'm thinking I'll go back for a week or two in July though to touch base. I'd love a year off but need to go back before Summer as not entitled to OMP.

Sassy20 Wed 04-Sep-13 20:47:40

Finally got round to adding my bump to the fb gallery - apologies for the fact it's so close up!!! smile

vix206 Wed 04-Sep-13 21:22:39

Thanks jazzcat. I'm off to attempt some sleep. 20 week scan tomorrow lunch time and hoping to find out the sex gringrin

CalloohCallay Wed 04-Sep-13 21:30:13

Finally feeling brave enough to join in - its been a bit of a difficult journey for us so far but I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and all looking good at the moment.

bugsyburge Wed 04-Sep-13 21:34:45

checking in x

LittlePandaBear Wed 04-Sep-13 21:48:03

New thread, woo!

I'm also 17 weeks tomorrow Callooh smile

Let us know about your scan Vix! Shall we place bets? I'm going for pink.

littlestgirlguide Wed 04-Sep-13 21:49:59

Welcome Coollah!

My boss asked me today why I was bothering to return after Christmas, when I have enough annual leave accrued to leave before christmas. I couldn't carry the excess leave into my new leave year anyway, which starts 1st july and take it after the maternity leave, so I would just lose it...
So it seems I am finishing work on19th December, which means 15 full weeks a work left, one of which I am on holiday for, so that's actually only 57 more days at work then the better part of a year off. Not that I'm counting or anything...

tinypolkadot Wed 04-Sep-13 21:51:01

Eek good luck tomorrow vix! So exciting!

Hi Callooh <waves>

By the end if this thread maybe we'll all have had our scans!

Littleen Wed 04-Sep-13 22:00:21

23 days left to next scan! Hope little one will show his/her bits that time!

rueyrichardson Wed 04-Sep-13 22:06:19

Bear, very sorry to hear your worries ref work. Apart from all the great advice ref HR, sometimes I find that a bit of distance and time away from a situ helps to clarify what I want to do. Maybe you could think about some time off (ahem) sick, if you are paid still, to collect your thoughts and get some rest? Sounds very stressful for you, and that in itself is unfair and inappropriate.

Camwombat Wed 04-Sep-13 22:08:48

I hope to have had my scan, they have three weeks by their own deadlines to find me a date on which to have it. And they are sending it by post. finds a brick wall

Plus, I had birth all planned out to be told that because I have hypothyroidism this health trust won't let me go to an mlu, when it was fine in previous. ffs.

misskatamari Wed 04-Sep-13 22:10:43

Yaaaaay new thread! Good luck at the scan tomorrow Vix - so exciting grin

winterflowers Wed 04-Sep-13 22:12:53

Hey ladies, I'm a newbie too. And I don't get to find out pink or blue till the 14th October. ..feels like forever away (due 25th Feb). Good luck with yours tomorrow vix it's so exciting to be finding out smile

Cam afaik they can't refuse to let you go to an mlu, only advise you. Tell 'em where to shove it grin

Bear you also need to tell your managers where to shove it

I'm full of fighting talk and no action tonight grin

Bearfrills Wed 04-Sep-13 22:17:17

Aw, thanks everyone for the kind words and advice flowers

I'm going to explain it all to the MW and ask if I can have a note stating condensed shifts and finished by 5 so I can be home before 10pm (which is when I get home if I work a twilight shift) and an additional day off would stop me being so tired as I'd get more rest and give me time to myself/with the kids/with DH which would take pressure off elsewhere. I think it'll all kick off when I give them the fit note and something will be said but ultimately they'll either have to amend my duties or put me on gardening leave. If that doesn't make a difference them I'll start looking at lodging a grievance.

Loving the bump pics! I'll post mine shortly.

littlestgirlguide Wed 04-Sep-13 22:19:18

Stand tall Bear, good luck x

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 04-Sep-13 23:27:48

Woohoo! New thread! grin Bearfrills sorry to hear about all your work woes. It must be incredibly stressful. Hopefully your MW will be obliging.

No new news from me, just wanted to mark my place on the new thread. Cannot wait for my scan. 13 days and counting...!

jazzcat28 Thu 05-Sep-13 06:22:31

Welcome newbies! We have a top secret non public Facebook group to share pics etc, if you want to be added PM me your Facebook email address.

I am still team yellow but scan date not til 10th oct so depending how chatty we are might not happen on this thread.

Shropshiremummy2B Thu 05-Sep-13 06:44:27

Hello cam and winter!

After my hissy fit yesterday I am now a doppler pro and officially ready for the next stage - doppler pusher.

However, during the Facebook purchasing of said doppler I think I may have outed myself as I had a couple of private messages with words to the effect of "have we missed the announcement". Needless to say I hastily deleted all interaction and hope I'm back to incognito. That is until they see a mass of arse and stomach waddle in with my head on top.

Shropshiremummy2B Thu 05-Sep-13 06:47:02

Ps for the newbies info edd 1/2/14 team yellow x

EeyoreIsh Thu 05-Sep-13 07:04:34

welcome callooh and winter

my bump has turned into a bump overnight! even DH commented that I need to go into maternity now. I'm wearing one of my normal dresses and there's about 1cm spare around the tummy, and I haven't eaten breakfast yet!

bear I'm glad you have a plan for talking to the midwife/doctor. my gp was great in signing me onto reduced hours when I needed it early on.

I'm on the train to work and the guy opposite has just popped a spot on his chin. eugh envy

Camwombat Thu 05-Sep-13 07:20:49

petty I didnt think they could but the midwife was very insistent and I didnt have the energy at that point to argue with her. The hospital we have gone for is small and most like an mlu, and not in the middle of the city so ought to be fairly easy to get too.

misskatamari Thu 05-Sep-13 07:56:39

Urgh Eeyore that almost made me lose my breakfast! Gross!!!

Back to school today. No kids thank god but we have a whole day on lesson planning and differentiation. Had the 3am insomnia so feeling pretty knackered. Hopefully a steady supply of snacks will keep me going through the whole day!

This thread is not accepting new messages.