Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - swollen hands, puffy feet and we all need a decent sleep

(1000 Posts)
roxvox Tue 03-Sep-13 09:57:36

Time to start thread #17!

Spreadsheet here

Checking in smile

Umlauf Tue 03-Sep-13 10:07:51

Yay I got the last post!! Hello smile

PseudoBadger Tue 03-Sep-13 10:10:07

Hello, I'll repost my dribbling confession:

And yes roxvox I mentioned dribbling - it's so bad I'm sleeping on a muslin (see they do have a million uses!)

Thanks for the confidence in the name everyone smile

Umlauf Tue 03-Sep-13 10:12:31

Just looked at the spreadsheet and there are lots of ladies on there wh haven't posted here in ages, if you are lurking, come back! Especially you, sisteroutlaw because I love your name choices. Especially Aldous, love love love! And Oberon. Can I have an Albert Oberon H--- B---?! (The last two are surnames that will out me)

Going with my maiden name as a middle name, that's the H---, partly because I find the practise of taking husbands name outdated (although I've done it!) and partly because that's how it's done in Spain. The doctor asked us AGAIN whether we were brother and sister at our last appointment, I mean, come on!!!

roxvox Tue 03-Sep-13 10:16:14

Glad it's not just me pseudo! I wonder if it is a pregnancy thing. I will have a Google of that later in between my 30 second spurts of doing actual work

Umlauf I would love to use my maiden name as a middle name (my maiden name is obscure and recognisable, whereas the one I have taken from DH is a more common surname), but because it obscure it is so obviously a surname and so it would not work as a middle name. Loving the fact that the doctor keeps asking you if you are siblings!

roofio87 Tue 03-Sep-13 10:20:18

checking in, thanks for new thread!!
I think baby has turned round a bit, not quite transverse, but a lot more diagonal with feet at the top right and head at bottom left so fingers crossed he just settles himself back down!!

Tarlia Tue 03-Sep-13 10:27:33

Thanks for the new thread, rox. Love the title, jelly.

I'm dribbling too, I didn't connect it with pregnancy but very please you all think it is!

Loving the name talk, I like all mentioned. Read a book recently with kids Timothy - pet name Moth, and Rapheal. Love them both, though I hate moths but its cute and love Raffy, though they used Raph.

My bump has dropped!! I know it doesn't mean much, but I can hope. Just when I thought it was going to turn into a table too. DS has grasped there is a baby in my tummy, I'm so surprised and pleased! He has been extra cuddly with my tummy, insisting on laying his head on the bare skin and stroking it. I'd thought its because it was comfy and very big etc. Well yesterday he was blowing raspberries on it and then said "tummy moving" I asked, "is my tummy moving?" (I hadn't noticed) he replied "Nej (no), baby moving!!". Last week he blew a raspberry and looked very shocked when baby pushed his face, but lost interest, or so I thought as I explained what happened.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 03-Sep-13 10:28:33

Thanks for the new thread - feel a bit of a fraud because I don't have swollen hands or puffy feet (will a swollen puffy vagina do instead? blush )

Sephy Tue 03-Sep-13 10:32:29

Checking in for the new thread after a long absence / lurking period! Hope everyone's ok and all blood pressure worries are settling down.

Had my first nct class last night and had the smallest bump there despite being the earliest due date by almost 2 weeks. Oh well, grateful to be a bit less uncomfortable than some others.

Tarlia Tue 03-Sep-13 10:40:56

Eeepppp, a puffy vagina trumps all! Poor thing x

Sephy Tue 03-Sep-13 10:45:23

Tarlia your Ds story is really cute. How old is he? Do you think he has any idea what it'll be like to be a big brother?

Flyer747 Tue 03-Sep-13 10:46:14

Checking in.. I wonder how many babies will be born on this thread?! Mine needs to come at 37 weeks as it is kicking and head butting me to death grin

PseudoBadger Tue 03-Sep-13 10:53:00

Ok the first pressing matter of my first DS-free day of ML, before going shopping for hospital bag stuff is to watch Dexter from the beginning. I'm 15 minutes in and finding it a bit.... hmmm. Should I carry on?

Flyer747 Tue 03-Sep-13 10:54:23

Umlauf I just looked at brand ally to buy those boots and they've gone hmm

However they have loads of Sergio Rossi boots and shoes and they are loads cheaper. One of my fav shoe designers. Must not buy must not buy. grin

Umlauf Tue 03-Sep-13 10:56:30

Oh dear flyer I'm such a bad influence!! Did they still have the studded ones? I liked them too! I think they were in the outlet section not the private sales.. I've never tried Sergio Rossi but cheaper is good!!

AnythingNotEverything Tue 03-Sep-13 10:56:48

I have neither swollen hands not swollen feet, but I'm glad to be here nonetheless.

I have washed the baby's clothes and they're hanging on the line. I'm working from home but I can see the line over the top of my laptop and I can't stop grinning!

34 weeks today and two more weeks until mat leave. Very jealous of those of you who are further along!

Umlauf Tue 03-Sep-13 10:57:34

these ones flyer just lovely! But £££

claphammama Tue 03-Sep-13 10:58:57

Checking in!

textbook Tue 03-Sep-13 11:02:12

Checking in - good luck for the scan today Falcon!

Flyer747 Tue 03-Sep-13 11:05:40

I saw those umlauf but in the camel colour. I'm just gonna buy them and hide them when they arrive. grin

DP wouldn't have a clue if they are new or old. When I see shoes I Iove I imagine wearing them and something inside me turns into this possessed crazy woman that just has to have them, my life would be incomplete without them grin I'm like that girl out of the shopaholic books grin

Haylebop12 Tue 03-Sep-13 11:11:40

Checking in..... Off to the zoo today as its dh's last day off before dd starts school. It looks like it might rain but never mind we shall have a good day :-).

Catch you all up later.

Pinkforboys Tue 03-Sep-13 11:29:53

Umlauf & Flyer I'll join you in the shopoholics corner grin I picked up a pair of similar boots in the V-P Camper sale this summer but have a rubber sole and fur lining. Heal not that practical for pushing a pram around, but I'm sure I'll find a way to wear them...!

Sympathies to all those suffering from puffy feet etc. Puffy vag def trumps the lot. I'd just add saggy veins...

JellyCurls Tue 03-Sep-13 11:37:21

I don't have swollen hands or puffy feet but figured I was in minority and it helped make a wee rhyme. Checking in for thread 17 while wondering what thread my baby will appear on

sisteroutlaw Tue 03-Sep-13 11:39:54

Hey there! Yes I have been lurking umlauf! I get behind reading the posts and like to comment on what people have said to make it personal, as everyone likes a name-check wink. Makes us hormonal lot happy.

Yes to using Oberon! Albert Oberon is ace - the combo is arty/literary/and yet down-to-earth. I might suggest Albert again as DP has a Hitchcock box set. Names are chosen for far more tenuous reasons.

Am struggling again with names as get the slow nod of dislike/indifference for most of my suggestions. My sister in law affects a strong East End accent for the name Ray angry, ignoring what it means: ray of light/hope and the sound of it (calm and strong and true). Meh.

Bridget I am with you on swollen, er, bits. Such a body betrayal. Cannot mention to ANYONE face-to-face but here? Easy grin

PseudoBadger I lost interest in Dexter [flakey] I'd go with Orange is the New Black if it's Netflix you're on.

This thread is not accepting new messages.