Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013- Annoying "Any news?" texts, maternity leave and BABIES!

(792 Posts)
fl0b0t Wed 28-Aug-13 18:41:58

Looks like we need another new thread blush- we've been rather busy!

Up to date (ish) Stats thread here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/a1694946-September-2013-STATS-THREAD

As previously- Welcome newbies! If anyone wants to join the Facebook group (better for sharing documents and pictures- especially picture of gorgeous babies), please message myself or jennimoo with your real life name and email address and we can add you to the group!

Bring on the irritating texts from family members and best friends to find out whether you've had your babies or not (like you wouldn't tell them.....), more weird and disgusting labour symptoms, more internal examinations than you can shake a stick at, and LOTS OF BABIES!

EmmaDee Thu 29-Aug-13 13:41:26

Congrats mooster!

kipsonline Thu 29-Aug-13 13:42:34

Woo hoo well done mooster smile

Laquila Thu 29-Aug-13 13:49:24

Hi all, I'm new to this thread but due today, technically! Was offered a sweep yesterday but am not impatient enough just yet so going to have faith that the baby will come out when ready.

Good luck to everyone going into labour at the mo and congrats to those all done and dusted!

RunningBear78 Thu 29-Aug-13 14:32:43

congratulations mooster hope you are recovering from your marathon effort and enjoying baby cuddles.

Kittenkatzen Thu 29-Aug-13 14:53:14

mooster congratulations!

badguider I had a waterproof undersheet on the bed for a while too but found it make me sweaty and uncomfortable - have now swapped it for a strategically placed dry-nites toddler training sheet underneath the fitted sheet which is a bit nicer smile

Welcome laquila how are you feeling?

CharlW1 Thu 29-Aug-13 14:54:30

congratulations Mooster that's brilliant news.

I am now having a c section as the induction failed too make me dilate so they couldn't break my waters - really hoping it happens today but may well be tomorrow as it's not an emergency.

Laquila Thu 29-Aug-13 16:13:16

Thanks Kitten! I feel OK, to be honest, not that things couldn't be improved by a couple of decent nights' sleep before the baby arrives...;)

Last night was uncomfortable and I think maybe I had some Braxton Hicks, but hard to tell. I think I'm in for the long haul, basically!

Charl either way it sounds like it won't be long for you smile although I know that time doesn't half drag right now!

Manoodledo Thu 29-Aug-13 16:42:29

Good luck with the section Charl. Looking forward to the birth announcement.

Well, I had another (thankfully) pointless scan. Was measuring small according to the midwife but baby is measuring bang on average and fluid levels fine. So back to waiting impatiently.

fl0b0t Thu 29-Aug-13 16:57:57

Welcome Laquila- message me if you want to join the facebook group too- good for sharing photos of cute little babies! :@)

SameOldSongAndDance Thu 29-Aug-13 18:03:13

Good that the scan went well Manoodle and hoping you've had your csection now Charl Not knowing when you can next eat or drink can't be fun.

I have a section booked for next tues as baby has been determined to stay breech. Due date is not until the 6th so unlikely to come earlier although had some period pain cramps and like lots of braxton hicks last night. Had my pre-op appointment today which has made it all quite real now. Looking forward to hearing more baby news!

CheeseStrawCraving Thu 29-Aug-13 19:28:05

Congrats Mooster!

I am on the Hampshire/W Sussex border if that's near anyone?

Also, I know it was ages ago but since someone mentioned their changing box of goodies for downstairs I have also found it v useful to have a little wash bag in there for me. It only has nipple cream, breast pads and maternity pads but is useful for sorting yourself out after LO is fed and changed etc.

ION my little man is doing v well, day five and he's only lost 3% of hs body weight, and is feeding well. As a first timer I can say that I pretty much forgot the labour by the time I was transferred to the overnight ward.

Dorita75 Thu 29-Aug-13 20:29:18

Well done and congratulations Mooster!!

Thanks Manoddledo send all your 'turning' thoughts my way!! Sounds like you're pretty ready to go... good luck!

juniper9 Thu 29-Aug-13 20:57:23

With regards to the downstairs changing bag, are people buying one or two changing mats? I bought a second hand changing table (£12 off eBay!) which I plan on putting in the baby's room, but realistically I'll probably change its nappy downstairs... so two changing mats? Or is that excessive?

Kittenkatzen Thu 29-Aug-13 21:56:37

I was thinking about that earlier juniper...came to the decision that I'd probably keep an eye out for a travel type foldable changing mat to go in the box without taking up loads of room. Would interested to hear what others are doing though....

SGJ Thu 29-Aug-13 22:44:43

I used the free Boots changing bag for downstairs last time, which came with a good sized travel change mat, so we always used that and kept the nice Mamas and Papas one for upstairs, though to be honest I should have swapped as the downstairs one got a fair bit of use! We also had a travel change mat in our bedroom for night time changes whilst DD was still in with us, which was really handy.

SGJ Thu 29-Aug-13 22:49:30

ION (and possibly TMI), I've been feeling some unusual wetness over the last couple of hours and am wondering whether it's my waters very slightly trickling or just normal/late-pregnancy fanjo wetness that most people get anyway (I do not get this during pregnancy, I should say; I always experience a decrease in discharge throughout pregnancy. Sorry - definitely TMI!)
Anyway, have out a pad on, finally finished packing the bags and put a towel on the bed just in case!! Was due yesterday...

Kittenkatzen Thu 29-Aug-13 23:37:35

Ooh that's exciting SGJ, keep us posted!

jennimoo Fri 30-Aug-13 01:29:58

Sgj- exciting, might be something! It wasn't for me this time., but last time it all started like that.

Cheese straw - we're close aren't we, I'm also on the border bust chat on FB! And well done on the weight loss: looking forward to seeing how DSs doing on Saturday.

SGJ Fri 30-Aug-13 06:09:21

Jenni, I was thinking of your labour when I was typing it! I think I've had the tiniest bit of show and there were a few mild twinges at times but nothing progressive at all, though DD woke up several times for no apparent reason so maybe she can sense something's occurring!! It has meant that I finally have had my first 'I've had the baby' dream and in said dream it was a very speedy but accidental home birth - eek! Premonition?!??
Have got my midwife sister coming round with her DD today anyway, and a midwife appointment this afternoon so will see what happens. Would still really like to hang on until 12.01am on Sunday though!

LotsaTuddles Fri 30-Aug-13 06:32:01

SGJ I had that unusual dampness yesterday and went to my local day care (who were a bit useless) and they said it's not but that my pains aren't braxton hicks as my tummy isn't going hard all over and that they could be mild contractions, still going to Wales tonight with the foresight that we may need to leave earlier than planned

SGJ Fri 30-Aug-13 06:55:53

I think I trip to Wales would definitely bring on labour! Hope it works for you!

Congratulations to all those with new arrivals! (I'm starting to lose count! grin)

Last time I kept the changing bag, with the travel changing mat in it, downstairs, so I had everything to hand for a change. Had a "proper" changing mat upstairs, laid out on the spare bed with everything set out around it. Planning to do the same this time.

ION I've now finished work (the cakes went down well) and the tiredness hit me. Had a bath at 6.30, dozed off while DH went to buy us a curry, woke up, ate curry, went back to sleep until 6.30 this morning! Sadly, I still feel tired. sad

Kittenkatzen Fri 30-Aug-13 08:26:46

Could someone on the Sussex/Surrey/Hampshire borders meet up chat on fb add me to it pretty pls? Purplepoppyseed said she had pm'd me but I don't seem to have got anything....TVM! smile

badguider Fri 30-Aug-13 08:40:15

Babies babies everywhere!!!! smile

I want one now.

And that's probably about the first time I've really felt that about a newborn - dh and I have been more about wanting a 'child' or toddler but now I'm starting to see the appeal of newborns (thankfully!).

kitten unless ur friends on fb the message goes into a different inbox called 'other'...it's visible from a laptop but not on ur phone unfortunately!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now