Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013- Annoying "Any news?" texts, maternity leave and BABIES!

(792 Posts)
fl0b0t Wed 28-Aug-13 18:41:58

Looks like we need another new thread blush- we've been rather busy!

Up to date (ish) Stats thread here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/a1694946-September-2013-STATS-THREAD

As previously- Welcome newbies! If anyone wants to join the Facebook group (better for sharing documents and pictures- especially picture of gorgeous babies), please message myself or jennimoo with your real life name and email address and we can add you to the group!

Bring on the irritating texts from family members and best friends to find out whether you've had your babies or not (like you wouldn't tell them.....), more weird and disgusting labour symptoms, more internal examinations than you can shake a stick at, and LOTS OF BABIES!

Kittenkatzen Thu 29-Aug-13 00:09:31

Oh a new thread! Will mark place and catch up tomorrow, too sleepy to read now zzzzzzzzz.....

Kittenkatzen Thu 29-Aug-13 00:14:02

Couldn't resist a quick skim read - I'm on the Sussex/Surrey border and near the motorway so count me in for any meet ups please smile)

SGJ Thu 29-Aug-13 04:39:59

BOO, no-one is near me, though I'll happily come to London as it's easily reachable.
Am now officially overdue but fine with that. Had no uncomfortable feelings whatsoever at this stage with DD but have had several moments over the last week where I feel like I've got 8cm pressure down below! Hoping that means that this one won't be too much longer. Sadly is has reminded me how much 8cm pressure hurts. ARSE.

RunningBear78 Thu 29-Aug-13 06:11:33

Hello new thread!

Hope charl & mooster had eventful (or restful) nights ... Look forward to news this morning.

And good luck to those in for cs today, hope all goes well flowers all round ...and cake for those gd sufferers close to the end!!

LotsaTuddles Thu 29-Aug-13 06:31:22

I'm in Kent.

I'm pretty sure I definitely had my show last night. and still have my need to poo but don't feeling.

I got about 2 hours sleep in the end though, so if today is the day then it could get interesting.

Dorita75 Thu 29-Aug-13 06:52:32

Had a scan and baby definitely breech, I've got some acupressure tips and will start scrubbing the floor!

Thanks for starting the bedding discussion, I've learnt lots, going with blanket&sheet rather than grow bag at first.

Found out yesterday my best friend has either had a missed miscarriage or ectopic. I've been there so can help her thru it but reminds me how lucky we all are to get where we are.

TripleRock Thu 29-Aug-13 07:41:27

The pillow case tip is a good one though. Would save some ££

PurplePoppySeed Thu 29-Aug-13 08:07:39

hetty sounds like my braxton hicks-esp if they are high on the bump smile

Good luck tuddles

juniper & kitten sounds good, we arranged via FB, will do the same for next week smile

SGJ I think London is the 1st place I wouldn't want to travel to at this point, after years of commuting there, I'm not missing it at all wink

badguider Thu 29-Aug-13 09:48:03

Super excited for those who are having babies today!!!! grin

The highlights of my day will be baking a cake for the ante-natal yoga group, cleaning the bathroom and going to ante-natal yoga. Rock and Roll!!

ION: finally put the waterproof sheet on the bed last night... it's not nice but better than ruining the matress I guess. 39wks today. Still feasibly three weeks to go...

fl0b0t Thu 29-Aug-13 10:17:34

Yay for babies!

hetty- I talked to the MW about my weird pains on sunday and she said they sounded like BH as "proper" contracts start bottom of the bump and work their way up and BH tend to be around the top of the bump.

Mooster1709 Thu 29-Aug-13 10:20:15

I have a baby! Born at 2.45 this morning. Oh my god though, labour was one hell of a shock. (a survivable one though, for first timers still waiting to go, with no disasters or anything).

Will catch up on thread now.

jennimoo Thu 29-Aug-13 10:26:33

Congratulations mooster! I know it hurt but even between contractions I found I forgot how much they hurt! The feeling afterwards when you've 'done it' is fab though: DH couldn't understand how I could look and feel so good afterwards.

Hope that isn't TMI for those still waiting for DC1, I really remember both my labours 'fondly' even now less than 3 days after the 2nd smile

mrspaddy Thu 29-Aug-13 10:30:05

Congratulations monster!!! Yahoo..

mrspaddy Thu 29-Aug-13 10:30:35

Mooster autocorrect blush

jennimoo Thu 29-Aug-13 10:37:12

I nearly sent my message saying moister!

fl0b0t Thu 29-Aug-13 10:38:43

HURRAH!

weebarra Thu 29-Aug-13 10:47:20

Congratulations Mooster!

flipflump Thu 29-Aug-13 10:58:00

Massive congratulations Mooster!!

LotsaTuddles Thu 29-Aug-13 11:00:41

Congratulations mooster

Am liking the pillow case idea too grin

Manoodledo Thu 29-Aug-13 11:36:14

Congratulations to Mooster!

I've got a growth scan this afternoon. No idea what they're going to say. I don't doubt that the baby is probably small, it has never felt heavy to me, and also we are the 'small family' as I've had to explain to poor DS1 recently as he's just realised that he's at least a head smaller than everyone in his class! Just not sure if the size of the baby is going to be a problem. I'm assuming they only really worry if you have a lack of amniotic fluid and they think the baby isn't growing. But I've got such a short time to go (already 39 + 4) and there is certainly no shortage of movement from this baby. I'm going to put my hospital bag in the car anyway just in case. I suppose it should probably be there anyway...

Fingers crossed Dorita that you'll manage to persuade baby to turn!

Congrats Mooster!!! Yay for all the babies!

frogchops Thu 29-Aug-13 11:48:50

Congrats mooster....
Oohhh I think I'm drastically underestimating how hard this is going to be confused

kimjayne Thu 29-Aug-13 12:02:58

39 + 1 today, have a midwife app this afternoon. Really hoping she will say I'm engaged. Last time (2weeks ago) this monster was totally free! Fingers crossed.

Congrats to all the lovely new babies smile I hope everything goes well today with impending births smile xxx good luck ladies.

TripleRock Thu 29-Aug-13 12:32:12

Congrats Mooster!

Good luck to other ladies on the verge. Wish it was my turn! But only 37+4 so probably a while to wait yet

SGJ Thu 29-Aug-13 12:35:40

Congrats Mooster! Looking forward to hearing all the juicy details!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now