Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Missed miscarriage = very scared 2nd pregnancy

(3 Posts)
Anxiousandscared1 Tue 27-Aug-13 20:32:33

I am currently 7 wks into my 2nd Pregnancy. The first ended in a Missed miscarriage at the 13 wk scan, this was around 16 months ago and i chose for it to be surgically managed. It took me some time to get over this. As this is our only experience I am now petrified. I am a very level headed person and manage a large team of people in a very stressful role but i cannot think logically about this.
I wake in the night to see if my breasts are still tender (which they are not so today) i haven't been queasy for a few days, i am dizzy and very fatigued (probably from all of the breast checking).
This pregnancy is progressing the same as last time. Minimal symptoms, tired, slightly emotional, period type cramps, swollen and tender breast that are waning and no actual sickness.
I am so scared. My first midwife appt is in 2 days and I am going to ask her to advise of a private clinic in my area that i can get an early scan. My only concern is that if the scan show the same then what happens then?
Also my husband is 40 nxt year and i will be 33, we are thinking that this will be our last chance to have the baby that I have been waiting to get married and financially secure for.
My sister in law has announced that they are now 7wks into their 1st pregnancy, I am so pleased for them but and wish them all the best. This has made me feel more stressed and worried. If we lose this baby then dealing with the arrival of their bundle of joy will be so difficult to deal with.
I am sorry for wittering on but I am a very private person and cannot discuss this with anyone else as the only person that knows all of the above is my husband, we didn't share the last pregnancy with others and haven't yet shared this one.
I guess I just needed to write down how I feel right now and hopefully this will go and all will be well, apologies for moaning, I should be happy that I am able to conceive, I just hope and pray that we can carry this baby to a full happy birth and future.

My second period should be due this weekend coming and I am having all of the symptoms that i normally get the weeks leading up to my period, bloating, cramps, poor skin and this is worrying me even more.

Has anyone experienced the above before or can anyone give me any advice?

Thank you for reading my post.

Supercalafraga Tue 27-Aug-13 20:35:31

haven't been in your position but just wanted to send you a hug! I'm 5 weeks into my first pregnancy and feel constantly anxious so can't imagine how you must feel. Go for a scan as soon as you can and come back and give us the goods news....thanks

Wolfiefan Tue 27-Aug-13 20:40:44

Have totally been in your position. 1st pg was mmc. I was 30. Thought I may never have kids. (Now have 2!) all the symptoms you mention sound exactly like those in early pg. Fingers crossed. You have every chance of a successful pg. You may be private but please seek support here as you need!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now