Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - Are we neary *there* yet?!

(1000 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 18:39:46

Welcome, welcome, sit down, put your feet up.

<Rolls out gym balls and hands round Gaviscon>

Spreadsheet here

roofio87 Mon 02-Sep-13 20:22:32

just been thinking that baby had been a bit quiet this afternoon but after 10 mins on the gym ball and he's going crazy!! worth a try if anyone wants to get baby moving!

Shootingstarsandcomets Mon 02-Sep-13 20:26:32

Thanks! Will try and find it on iplayer

Shootingstarsandcomets Mon 02-Sep-13 20:29:44

Found it! And they film some of it at Birmingham women's which is where I'm booked into!

Warlin Mon 02-Sep-13 20:53:32

Wow I miss an afternoon bed it takes me 15 mins to catch up...well seen there are a lot of distracted ladies at work smile

* mon* so sorry about your dd...hope she gets the emotional support she needs.

rox welcome back

clapham glad your ex fil recommended wc vaccine...I don't trust NHS guidelines either and did quite a lot of research. I decided it was worth the risk.

Good day here. Mum and I went shopping and got Moses basket sheets, cot bed sheets, lovely fleecy blanket, new Muslins and bibs etc so feeling a lot more organised. Also my old health visitor rang and did that because we've moved house (1 mile away) we are no longer in her catchment area so will be allocated to someone else. Don't mind as she was very by the book and judgy! Offered me a visit prior to baby which I declined.

Got mw in the morning (36 weeks). Hope baby still head down

Flyer747 Mon 02-Sep-13 20:58:38

Just watched coronation street and it made me cry hmm poor Hayley.

Natalieand Mon 02-Sep-13 21:16:10

Very sad flyer glad I'm not the only one emotionally involved with pretend tv lol

Pinkforboys Mon 02-Sep-13 21:23:41

Evenin' All,
What a chatty bunch you all are- this thread is almost over!

Thanks for the lovely anniversary wishes. I did cave in and sent DH a text to say 'Happy Anniversary- what would you like for dinner?' - poor thing had forgotten and sensibly didn't try to panic shop, but he did get his haircut (which is a treat for me!) and a box of M&S chocs. I'm happy!

Clapham I too am glad your ex-FiL approved the WC jab. I'm booked in on Weds and MW has recommended it. But there is a lot of it about here- as I said before both SiL and friend have had it in the last 9 months.

MoN I do hope your DD gets the support she needs. As I said on Friday my DS worries me at times as he can show somewhat manic behaviour. Generally sunny and charming, but when he feels he's let himself or us down he can hit/pinch himself and wish himself dead. He's only just 6 so not sure if it's something I should worry about or if he'll grow out of it. I hope your DD finds her way through it.

Wishing you all lower BPs xxx

PseudoBadger Mon 02-Sep-13 21:23:51

Ok so my top tip to get a baby moving is to eat a strawberry tropical calippo as fast as you can - she went crazy!!

ananikifo Mon 02-Sep-13 21:29:25

It has only just dawned on me that it's Chickie no 1 not Chickien 01.blush

And how are we already so close to the end of the thread?

I don't know much about c sections or turning babies but it feel like my baby is lying across the top of my bump and I hope he moves soon! It's more comfortable when it feels like his feet are at the top and his body goes down the right side of my bump. Of course this is me imagining his position. I don't actually know.

PseudoBadger Mon 02-Sep-13 21:33:05

Ana if this thread goes today or tomorrow it's bang on average for us at 9-10 days per thread.

Natalieand Mon 02-Sep-13 21:33:53

Which would mean the next thread will see the arrivals of legallys twins :-)

ananikifo Mon 02-Sep-13 21:33:59

pseudo it never ceases to amaze me.

I think impending fatherhood has turned Dp into an emotional wreck. He was blubbing when someone died in Emmerdale a few weeks ago and again tonight watching coronation st.

Thankyou to everyone for all the supportive messages regarding dd. We're doing all we can for her and hopefully there's an improvement soon.

Shirehobbit Mon 02-Sep-13 22:48:28

I think my DH should win some kind of award for tonight's gem, said to me as I lumbered off the gym ball and tried to find a comfy way to sit on the sofa:
'Wow, you really are pregnant aren't you?!"
hmm
I resisted the urge to reply, "No dear, I've just been eating too many pies for the last six months..."

Haylebop12 Mon 02-Sep-13 22:56:39

Anyone else got a feeling this thread will end in the wee hours when most of us seem to be up?! My bet is on 4am!

Flyer747 Mon 02-Sep-13 23:30:20

Ok I'm really sad I need to get a life. I've just looked at the first October bus created on 21/01/13 by tackytiger.

Early posters were Rachel33, Umlauf, Legallyblonde obviously before she knew twins were growing in her tummy.

It's funny looking back through those early days, seems like such a long time ago now smile

I don't think my baby was made yet on 21st Jan!

Got the back to work blues big time tonight sad

GTbaby Tue 03-Sep-13 00:49:08

Tralia everyone who hears the no tv/reading rule has same reaction. A wtf shock look. Lol

I didn't know it until after ds1 was born n I got my knitting out! Mil made a big speech about u shouldn't do this that n whatever. Dh laughed then went out to do whatever. I was left in living room not knowing what to do.
I had my phone so was online but switched off the tv. As she said no tv or reading books. Nothing about phones. wink Figured if she said anything about phone I'd play dumb. So I'm working out how I'm going to kill time for 5weeks... Have an I pad in bedroom can say I'm napping as I can't do anything else! Wondering what happens when they all want to watch tv? Do I have to leave the room! I even texted sil n asked her if she had heard of this. She said no, n I should talk to dh as it seems ridiculous!

Finally dh comes back n I ask him about the no tv thing. He laughed and said of course I could ignore the stupid rule. N if his mum said anything he would have words. Lol. He said to compromise to leave the knitting as I wasn't bothered about that so it looked as if I was listening to advice.

My mil is challenging at times. Lots of lip biting on my part.

So today I had the biggest stupid pregnancy rage out burst.
It's hot, when in bed and its hot I like to keep duvet off my feet. Unreasonable? No! Dh comes in and complains about extra duvet on his side and puts it back on me. So I throw the whole duvet off N rage. I have to put up with ur snoring. U want to have the fan on all bloody night. U always put ur arm under my pillow. U insist on facing me an I have to put up with ur alcohol breath all night. And literally end up in tears. blush
He was cleaver enough to switch on his nice mode quickly and got up and put duvet back on me and made sure duvet was not on my feet.
I know he will take the mic out of me eventually.

SeriousStuff Tue 03-Sep-13 01:14:42

Caz how were your back to back births? Do I have anything to worry about?

Ladies, I have found the best non alcoholic wine yet - until now, all the ones I've tried have tasted so sweet, but this one has a bit of a bite to it: www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Torres-Natureo-De Still doesn't match the real thing though.

My DH is off to France in a few days - what are the chances of everything kicking off while he's away?!

chickieno1 Tue 03-Sep-13 03:11:13

Yes ana I should prob change it in October smile

And I agree this thread seems to have flown!

orange I don't think my baby was made then either smile

chickieno1 Tue 03-Sep-13 03:12:56

How many weeks are you serious

gt I would have and have in my head got the rage about duvet too!

monkeytree Tue 03-Sep-13 04:58:22

Awake this morning at 4.00 am, didn't have pregnancy insomnia with dd1 (or not that I remember anyway). Really busy day ahead - back to work after 6 weeks and dd1 is starting junior school, could have done with a decent nights sleep but realising this seems to be out of my control. I wake up most nights for trips to the loo but usually get back to sleep. It seems that a few nights of the week, I get up continually and then cant get back off to sleep, baby seems active too. Oh well here's hoping for a better night tonight. Good morning ladies!

char1eston Tue 03-Sep-13 05:32:56

Hope today goes ok, monkeytree. I just had to get up for some food. Couldn't sleep and started getting hungrier and hungrier. Going to try to go back off now for a bit...

Thanks warlin flowers

I'm back to school morra so making the most of my last day of freedom. Off on the train with ds to meet up with my mum who is taking me out for birthday lunch :-D

Can't believe how much chat happens on here but I nearly joined the insomniacs again last night. I also don't remember having pregnancy insomnia with ds but definitely have this time!

Hope everyone has a good day today :-)

PseudoBadger Tue 03-Sep-13 07:11:12

Ok I'm having a major baby name wobble. We've had this name picked since last pregnancy and have always been happy with it (Caoimhe). I am half Irish and DP is fully (northern) Irish, and she will have his Irish surname.
I love the name, it's so pretty written down and also when said out loud (key-va). But I'm just a bit scared now it's actually coming to the crunch!
My only real alternative is Saoirse (sear-sha) which has its own issues...
<looks furiously at girl's names>

This thread is not accepting new messages.