Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013 - Are we neary *there* yet?!

(1000 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 18:39:46

Welcome, welcome, sit down, put your feet up.

<Rolls out gym balls and hands round Gaviscon>

Spreadsheet here

claphammama Sun 25-Aug-13 22:04:24

flyer... we are with THE SAME man...!!

hayle LOL

I say - let's all go feral!

PseudoBadger Sun 25-Aug-13 22:05:37

Just back from a yummy Turkish dinner.

I'm not trimming or removing any hair btw (unless they tell me to at pre-op)

Wickedgirl Sun 25-Aug-13 22:16:37

Is it me or did we get through the last thread super quickly?

Mon I hope you're ok?

Nat.......if this baby is a boy, it will be Theo and my youngest son is called Harrison. You and I must have similar good tastes. grin

ananikifo Sun 25-Aug-13 22:20:23

* haylebop* have you ever used hair removal cream before? It basically burned my sensitive skin (on legs) when I tried it so no way would I put it in my bikini area before giving birth! If you aren't used to it I would do a patch test first.

I have an electric bikini trimmer which I use blindly. I figure it's better than nothing, even if I miss a spot.

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:22:30

Yes ana I use it regularly because I am <ahem> quite hairy and dark and don't like waxing. Shaving just doesn't last long enough. Probably less than 24 hours tbh!

ananikifo Sun 25-Aug-13 22:23:45

Then I'm jealous. I have thick dark hair but extremely sensitive skin.

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:30:35

That's one thing I hope my children don't inherit, my hairiness.

What creams did you try?

ananikifo Sun 25-Aug-13 22:37:22

I think I've tried veet and nair. The problem was my hair was so thick I had to leave it on for a long time to get the hair off cleanly, but I started to feel the irritation even before the time on the bottle. I'm also allergic to hair dye and I've had comments about my sensitivity when I got my legs waxed.

char1eston Sun 25-Aug-13 22:39:47

Thanks for the new thread mrshn

Legally You're usually asked to shave 1 inch below bikini line but I have a naturally low hair line so never have to bother and am more often than not completely shaved anyway, though I'm trying to get used to having some hair as daily shaving post birth is a pain in the arse

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:52:17

Oh dear ana sad

ananikifo Sun 25-Aug-13 22:57:12

Yeah I'm just allergic and sensitive to everything, lol.

I've now bid on a mini birthing pool on eBay. This one is cheap, so we can do a trial run of inflating it and see if it fits in the kitchen, which is the only place I can imagine it going. We've come so far from DH flat out refusing to contemplate home birth!

moonblues Sun 25-Aug-13 23:15:16

legally I had emCS with my DS and was attacked by a midwife with a disposable razor, so would definitely recommend shaving the top of your bikini line before your section, though I'm sure the midwife will advise you what your hospital recommends.

moonblues Sun 25-Aug-13 23:18:34

MoN hope you're ok after your fall. You must have had a scare.

AnythingNotEverything Sun 25-Aug-13 23:23:37

Just marking my place ... And having a giggle as us all struggling to keep things near and tidy, even if they're out of sight. I'm struggling to dry myself downstairs never mind do a neat job! I was measuring 37 weeks at 32+2 last week ... It's only gonna get worse!

We built our pram today. Really exciting milestone. Must not take it for a walk. That would be weird.

Think we'll see babies on this thread, but wow - you ladies really sped through the last one.

Someone gave up their seat up for me on the tube home for the first time tonight smile had a nice evening with friends, I am getting too big and waddly for late nights in soho now though.

Umlauf I get wet patches on my pjs that go crusty and sometimes wet patches on the bed. I would rather do washing than wear bra and pads 24/7 though and it is not all the time.

We bought a poang chair too for feeding, £17 for chair and stool on ebay. Worth a look as there were several pages of them on there.

Hope you all have a good night.

MoN was it you that fainted/ fell over a few months ago too? Hope all is well. Nat glad been no more bleeding.

chickieno1 Mon 26-Aug-13 01:37:06

Hope you're ok mon

Did the fireworks bring on baby movements nat?

Having trouble with trimming here too. Planned to take ds swimming today so had to shave this am. Couldn't see a thing and did a terrible job! Will def go for a wax around 37 and half weeks although dreading it!

Hope everyone gets some sleep xx

Going to leave putting cot up for another few weeks. Dh still has sinusitis/manflu so he'd probably end up throwing it out the window in frustration if he tried to do it now grin

Flyer747 Mon 26-Aug-13 05:23:02

God not slept my tummy is really sore and tender all around my belly button feeling crap. hmm

Iheartcrunchiebars Mon 26-Aug-13 06:43:09

Oh no flyer are you working today? Or can you go back to bed?

I'm in pregnancy panic mode now. I don't think I've eaten healthily enough, I should have exercised more, taken more pregnancy more etc. I just hope the baby is ok.

Tarlia Mon 26-Aug-13 07:07:01

Good morning, mama's flowers

flyer hope you don't have to work today and can rest. I've had lots of cramps and tender tummy since Friday, think I pulled a muscle getting out of bed which sounds rediculous!

crunchies baby will be fine, don't forget women have been having them for centuries way before medical intervention. I think today things are a bit too OTT and pretty impossible for anyone to live in a pregnancy bubble and do everything right.

GAP website has a 25% off everything, including the new lines just for today - code: GAP25 Oh do tempting but really do not 'need' any clothes until he turns 6 months now!

Iheartcrunchiebars Mon 26-Aug-13 08:02:41

Thanks tarlia not much I can do now anyway.

Will take a look at gap. Thanks for that.

Have a lovely bank holiday non self employed people!!!

Happy bank holiday everyone

I've been nesting by proxy this weekend - dp and bil painted and moved around my bedroom yesterday so there is now room for the cot. And they are doing my front room today. Once the painting is done I can get onwith sorting drawers and washing baby clothes.

Need something to keep a 3 year old boy and 10 year old girl entertained all day, out of the house, not too expensive and minimum walking or standing for me. Any ideas?

Natalieand Mon 26-Aug-13 08:21:53

How about soft play bowlfull? Xx

Hope your feeling ok after yesterday's fall MoN xx

Phew... At least u got away with the fancy dress and raffle ticket selling flyer... Not so good that u was busy all day though x ..... Perhaps call in sick seen as they worked u so hard yesterday? X

I'm not leaking anything as yet, I can get some colostrum if I have a good old squeeze though xx

chickieo movements r still a bit slow but I think he his behind my anterior placenta because I've just seen a few movements but not felt them... So gunna hold off a bit longer and see what happens, I always feel like such a pain over the hospital!

Wrt to trimming 'the bush' I've been trying to keep on top of it but it seems everything is growing an alarming rate these days will just do my best for now as not sure i want dh doing it for me, I draw the line at him shaving my legs lol

Yes Orange it was me that fainted. I think a couple of others did too. I slid on my behind all the way down the stairs this morning too but I'm fine

I can still see to trim but my skin seems extra sensitive now which makes shaving a pain.

Shirehobbit Mon 26-Aug-13 08:52:07

Morning all.
Someone seems to be taking great pleasure in jamming body parts up under my ribcage this morning.

I was wondering - should we add a page to the spreadsheet for arrivals? grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.