Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - Are we neary *there* yet?!

(1000 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 18:39:46

Welcome, welcome, sit down, put your feet up.

<Rolls out gym balls and hands round Gaviscon>

Spreadsheet here

Flyer747 Sun 25-Aug-13 20:12:00

I'm watching Dragons Den on bbc2 Peter Jones is my ideal man, so smooth and arrogant grin

legallyblond Sun 25-Aug-13 20:18:27

Hello! Checking in... Knackered... First full day without DH... Phew!

claphammama Sun 25-Aug-13 20:19:49

Piers Linney would be my choice flyer... very dashing

Flyer747 Sun 25-Aug-13 20:22:03

Clapham he is wearing too many rings. grin

DP assembling cot, I expect the swearing to start very soon.

claphammama Sun 25-Aug-13 20:29:54

oh you are right... not sure about the rings...

is your DP going to be like my DP assembling the changing unit? "half an hour job"... grin

MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 20:34:04

If its like the Poang, it will be a bit of a bugger. There was a lot of huffing and puffing...

Flyer747 Sun 25-Aug-13 20:38:56

Yeah his words "I'll have this up in an hour caz" I guarantee come 11pm he will still be sweating over it grin

Tarlia Sun 25-Aug-13 20:50:35

Talking of bushes, I was pondering how I'm going to do anything about mine... I cannot see it from any angle.. Tell me you arnt all going for waxes, I just cannot face the pain on top of everything else. I think I might just stay hippy blush.

Good luck to Mr Flyer with that cot.

Another job ticked off my list today, so that feels good. 34 weeks and STILL no hospital bag though :O

MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 20:57:09

Tarlia me neither - there just isn't space in the baby's room at the moment.

PS you need one of these

SmallBee Sun 25-Aug-13 20:58:26

At 33 weeks in beginning to feel very ready for this baby to come! Just been on a small binge involving lasagne & Jaffa cakes and I am well aware there is a tub of Hagen Dazs in my freezer. Willpower left me about three weeks ago.

legallyblond Sun 25-Aug-13 21:05:06

Tarlia, I have to have a wax to prevent midwives attacking the area for a pre c section shave.... Eek.

Tonight: squirm, squirm, wriggle, wriggle, kick... Actually making me wince, much as I love it!

ananikifo Sun 25-Aug-13 21:08:06

tarlia I know you can hire or buy birthing pools but I don't know where we would put it.

After all the stress this week with moving, furniture, unpacking, and the resulting aches and arguments, our house finally feels like a home. Still a messy one, but that's ok. smile

umlauf and mrs horatio we have too much living room furniture so the poang chair and footstool are going into the nursery for nursing. My friend didnt like it because she breastfed really upright and almost leaning forward but LLL recommend this laid back position that I think is perfect for the poang.

Tarlia Sun 25-Aug-13 21:08:54

Must be crazy having two moving around in there, legally. Sometimes my one makes me feel queezy after eating! Have they said they'd do that? I recently read that hair was actually better for healing..?

Hora when are you due? Hmm maybe I'll try a blind trimming, but can't shape what I really cannot see as I'll end up with some funky shape which will cause more chuckles :D

Pinkforboys Sun 25-Aug-13 21:14:43

Evening ladies. Glad to hear it's been a relatively uneventful day all round, though I hope those of you feeling 'ick and suffering trips are all mended now. And please send me some of that caramel panacotta....

Having an 'interesting' evening here...DS has wangled a sleep in his cousins' room tonight (7&4yo) and after an hour of stories and whines and cries and tantrums (not DS I'm proud to say) they're still awake . Grandma on story duty now. It'll be about midnight by the time they drop off.
Always an eye opener to see how other kids behave at bedtime... (and a relief to know that DS will get a decent kip in the car tomorrow on the way home)

Tarlia Sun 25-Aug-13 21:24:26

Mmmm, Whittards white hot chocolate...

legallyblond Sun 25-Aug-13 21:26:50

No Tarlia, I just assumed to be honest... C section is all new to me! MoN?! You are the c section expert after 4 (or 5?!).. I'll check on Friday (my 36 week check). That's my final check up before the three days pre op for steroids, antacids, energy drinks and bloods etc... This all feels v soon!!

MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 21:29:28

Erm, DH usually "assists" if assistance is required Tarlia blush

Flyer747 Sun 25-Aug-13 21:29:50

Major Drama in the flyer household and we've only just fixed one side to the base grin

Tarlia Sun 25-Aug-13 21:37:19

Just had a google re shaving and CS, seems different hospitals want different things. If you google 'shaving before c section <insert hospital name>' you'll probably find their fact sheet as loads of hospitals popped up. Those that do want you to shave say has to be done 48 hours before. Others say they will do it with clippers rather than razor as less likely to become infected.

Uh oh, flyer. I'd go to bed if I were you :D. Our base goes in last...

claphammama Sun 25-Aug-13 21:39:51

flyer grin grin we are not with the same guy right..?

I'm going for a wax as don't trust DP with anything sharp near there and don't trust myself either. The question is she... I think 38 weeks as had DS at 39+1. Might be a good training in coping with pain!

DP is playing with his camera again... someone help me please... he was at it until 12.30 last night - until I scream at him following a series of 20 flashes photographing our bedroom in the dark... help me...

claphammama Sun 25-Aug-13 21:41:29

meant "the question is WHEN"... not she... stupid phone

Flyer747 Sun 25-Aug-13 21:50:29

Clapham he is having to take a 5 minute break and has cracked open a bottle of wine grin

Had that many f@&k's so far shock

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 21:55:04

I tried to trim my bush earlier too. I stood in the bath with a mirror and I still couldn't do it! This is how I know in bigger then with dd as I was able to sort of push my bump to one side and get at it.... May try the hair removal cream tomorrow as I reckon I'll be able to feel where in putting it, since its a cream?

One more shift to goooooooo grin

roofio87 Sun 25-Aug-13 21:55:05

im just attempting to keep a little trim down there but not worrying too much about the state of it. im sure the mws and drs have see it all and dp has certainly seen things a little over grown!!grin

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:00:17

roofio they have definitely seen worse, I'm not stressing about it tbh but promised dd I'd take her swimming this week confused

This thread is not accepting new messages.