Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2014 - thread 5 - Dating scans in full swing

(1000 Posts)
faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 09:19:13

Stats thread Here

Link back to Thread 4 for anyone who misses it

RaspberrysAndIcecream Fri 30-Aug-13 18:16:12

Hi ladies!

I'm ok thanku - dealing with the death of someone & trying to support their family. It's very hard.

Was it Lottie who was at a funeral today - I hope it went ok.

On a completely different note - my non undersides bras are from debenhams. They're very comfy. Not maternity bras, just non underwired. I'm a d cup - they had a range is sizes. Marks and Spencer's was awful. Worst bras ever!!!

And my lovely neighbour is having a clear out - she's given me some maternity jeans - omg they're lovely!!! grin

I can't look and see who had their scan on the 13th - me 2!! It seems like ages away, but hopefully the next couple of weeks will go quickly & then I can see the baby again!! grin

rosyryan Fri 30-Aug-13 18:30:18

Nice to know there is a few of us on the 13th. I generally feel like I'm way behind most people on this thread as there are so many Febbers!

greymoose Fri 30-Aug-13 18:41:59

sorry to hear mummy, hope everyones doing ok!

nomaybe much better, but she took off about 2 inches (of course!)

we have just gone to the supermarket and i bought a variety of beige foods, bf is saying he doesnt mind as long as I'm eating more and having some good stuff too. i have minced beef crispy pancakes and potato waffles and i am very very content with life because of that.

Joll, that's just cruel!

Grey, I have crispy pancakes too. The chicken and bacon ones. My eating habits have become distinctly less healthy since becoming pg. Oops!

I've been eating a lot of chicken gyoza, which they sell in the local oriental supermarket for £5 for a bag of 30. Delish!

Jolleigh Fri 30-Aug-13 18:58:16

It's very cruel.

What's more cruel is the moody mister has gone out to get drunk. I'm hungry but can't face the cooking smells. There's nobody here to feed me. sad

Aw, wish I could send you something. Just eat whatever's easy if you don't fancy cooking, even if it's just snacks.

justmuddlingthroughit Fri 30-Aug-13 19:04:22

rosyryan, my scan's on the 12th sep, due date's on the 23rd march, so I feel like I'm trying to catch up with everyone else! I went shopping for pregnancy-friendly clothes today and got some stretchyskirts; not quite in maternity wear yet, but my jeans won't fit anymore...to be fair, they were a little tight before I was upduffed blush

Jolleigh Fri 30-Aug-13 19:08:19

I'ma go cupboard raiding in a minute. Need something distinctly beige.

On another note, can anyone come up with some non-irrational arguments as to why the mister shouldn't be drinking every weekend that aren't just 'because I'm not allowed'? It's really getting to me now. I either have to watch it, he goes out, or he stays in but in a bad mood...presumably me carrying our child is spoiling his fun. hmm

greymoose Fri 30-Aug-13 19:18:56

lyra excellent choice. i haven't had them in soooo long! love proper gyoza mmmmmm! now i want those amazing hello panda biccies from the oriental supermarket though! i'm now on the bayern game with some chocolate custard for good measure!

I'm the same with not eating healthily since being pregnant, usually will eat good stuff all day, now its just beige - do it joll!

drinkings a difficult one, i suppose with smoking the second/third hand smoke is actually a good enough reason to ask... id expect mine to just shut up and do that with a smile tbh (i am quite scary at the moment when i want to be i fear)!

babybear9 Fri 30-Aug-13 19:39:36

reached a whole new low...bad traffic driving home,.desperate for wee and also very nauseous. have to run through front door to toilet, chuck my guts up. retching so hard I pissed myself while throwing up. Great!

Jolleigh Fri 30-Aug-13 19:41:36

Not your proudest moment babybear but I'm sure all of us will have a similar story by the end of this. Sorry you've had a shit experience. x

babybear9 Fri 30-Aug-13 19:44:18

I'm giggling at the 'shit experience' comment. it definitely could have been worse I guess!!

greymoose Fri 30-Aug-13 19:45:02

i was sure someone else has done this already on our march threads babybear so you're not alone!

And so the loss of dignity begins, bear grin By the time you've given birth, dignity will be but a distant memory.

greymoose Fri 30-Aug-13 19:50:36

Before we talk to much to include this in the thread, here's thread 6

greymoose Fri 30-Aug-13 19:54:41

too not to. also should have included martians ffs.

Six threads and we're only just starting to enter the second trimester!

greymoose Fri 30-Aug-13 20:06:09

i know! think feb are on 5 and april are one 1 although there seems to be 2 aprils?

also i think those towards the end of march are a bit scarce are because those at the end of march started an april one because we were talking too much blush

Seems a silly reason not to join us. The more the merrier.

Rosy, great news about the Harmony.

Mummy, I hope you learn to not be drawn into your dad's lifestyle choices or to be hurt by them. Of course he will let you down..he's a selfish alkie and couldn't be selfless now if he tried. It must be so hard for you x

Well, I just finished my birthday steak and it was fucking sublime. Mine was as thick as a novel (not Shogun!) and hence more difficult to cook and I'm afraid I ended up eating it a tad pink. Will it be okay? For dessert, th'usband came back from Tesco with syrup spong pudding and Cadbury Buttons-flavoured custard. Bleddy filthy whorebags smile

I got two gifts for my birthday: a pair of swimming goggles and a very kitsch teapot/teacup combo with saucer 'for when you come home from hospital and all your brews go cold 'cos you're so busy with baby'. Isn't that lovely? smile

Talking too much?? What do they want? A fucking transcendental hypno thread? Slags.

Lol at slags, Prambo grin

greymoose Fri 30-Aug-13 20:40:18

ooh pram sounds lovely! grin think the steak is fineee! plus its your birthday...!

i think they were worried there was too much to catch up with, in fairness we are fairly rampant on the chatting haha! if any martians who haven't joined yet are reading and do fancy popping in with us, come say hi!

BionicEar Fri 30-Aug-13 20:48:46

Do we post here still or on Thread 6... am confused?! confused

greymoose Fri 30-Aug-13 21:00:06

This thread is not accepting new messages.