Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2014 - thread 5 - Dating scans in full swing

(1000 Posts)
faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 09:19:13

Stats thread Here

Link back to Thread 4 for anyone who misses it

floatyflo Thu 22-Aug-13 10:44:57

Hi all! Thought id check in as have not been on Fred in ages!

Hope everybody is well. Got my dating scan Tues. Fx'ed only one monkey in there...

How is everybody symptom wise?

Have horrid constipation here... Yuk. And feeling quite emotional. Am having a panic about this baby deep down. Things like how will I cope, and will my ds love his new bro or sis? Ergh so many silly doubts!

Ugh. Took me bloody ages to find this thread and only then 'cos I appealed to the Martians on fb for help.

MTB, I am joining you in a chippy lunch; I'm going to have chips and gravy on a barm cake <salivates>

Joll, lots of women do it; it's not ideal but my house gets demolished in a few weeks so I have to shift my arse pretty soon. Are you moving far? Will the new house need decorating? <shudders at the very thought>

rosyryan Thu 22-Aug-13 10:46:50

Jealous of all those DTD. My husband is completely frigid when I'm pregnant angry

MummyPig24 Thu 22-Aug-13 10:47:04

Ah hello!

Just spent £56 in sainsburys on school stuff and fruit, veg and milk. How does that happen?! Both kids needed wellies, dd needed cardigans and tights, lunch boxes and bottles too. No money for the weekend now sad.

I'm feeling particularly pukey today and absolutely starving. Just had 2 crumpets with marmite and I want another 2.

commsgirl Thu 22-Aug-13 10:48:34

I'm doing one room a day and completely ignoring anything unnecessary like the spare bedroom/office. DP's been doing some washing which is unheard of! I think he was running out of underwear.

rosyryan Thu 22-Aug-13 10:48:57

Joll I moved 300 miles at 34 weeks pg last time and it was absolutely fine. Much better than doing it during the knackering first trimester or with a newborn. We had no problems at all.

greymoose Thu 22-Aug-13 10:51:23

thanks everyone, think it's 5am's scan day too so there's four of us today!!

prammy sorry to hear he's been such an idiot, hopefully it'll give you a chance to get your head together more if nothing else!

jol as long as it's not you doing the moving i think you'll be fine, i'm moving in october (lease runs out) and won't be lifting a finger, it's perhaps good timing ;)

greymoose Thu 22-Aug-13 10:55:06

maybe we could 'report' this thread and get mums net to put thread 5 in the title? also maybe if we report the other one they'd kindly put a message on thread four saying 'here's thread 5' as it's a bit of a pain to find!

greymoose Thu 22-Aug-13 11:06:51

on the first post on this one i've sent:

'please can you amend the title to March 2014 - thread 5 - Dating scans in full swing

(people aren't finding it and it's a bit confusing!)'

on the last post on the other one I've sent:

'hello, would it be possible that you add a message at the end of this thread with a link to thread 5 please - http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/a1833122-March-2014-Dating-scans-in-full-swing

people can't find the new thread!

thanks!'

Jolleigh Thu 22-Aug-13 11:12:47

The move is in 2 weeks so it's first trimester unfortunately sad but I really didn't want to do it heavily pregnant and the layout of my house right now would make keeping the dog away from the baby a nightmare.

It's only down the road about a mile away from where we are but the area is infinitely better as I live on a street where nobody seems to have a concept of what time is appropriate to stop fucking shouting and unfortunately we get a lot of boy racers...the new place is much more peaceful. There's even a tree outside lol.

I'm definitely going to end up having to lift things unfortunately. Got quite a bit of muscle on me though so I'm hoping it's the same as other exercise...the more usex to it you were before pregnancy, the less risky during?

Jolleigh Thu 22-Aug-13 11:16:00

I meant 'used to it' not 'usex'. Nothing on my mund at all blush

Another one whose parter is being a frigid twat herewink

Jolleigh Thu 22-Aug-13 11:16:30

Mind! Jesus my phone typing is appalling.

OwlinaTree Thu 22-Aug-13 11:21:51

Good luck with all the scans today. I'm 11+4 today. I'm having a lot of twingy pains today, they are uncomfortable rather than very painful. Do you think it is just stretching or more serious? No bleeding or anything.

IceNoSlice Thu 22-Aug-13 11:33:23

Jolleigh 'usex' grin - and I agree, better to move now and get settled before the baby arrives. I moved at 6mo last time. Was fine. Be careful with the lifting though- and maybe try to pack in smaller boxes so lighter than fewer, larger boxes.

Owlina I think others have had those and said they're normal. Uterus growing or something.

No nanechange then Grey? Good luck today, lovey.

<sigh> better get back to my spread sheets.

Rockchick1984 Thu 22-Aug-13 11:41:15

Found you all!! Re moving house, I moved at 15 weeks pregnant, then again with an 18 month old and pregnant was the far easier choice!!

Joll the risks of lifting heavy things is more to do with injuring yourself because of the relaxin hormone, not to do with hurting the baby so just be careful smile

Trees outside houses are lovely <hippy>

Laughing my head off at 'frigid twat' grin I like a bit o' swearing, me.

Owlongwillyoubeonthebog, don't fret, my love, this is entirely normal. At weeks 10 & 11 I had some very odd twanging and pulling sensations.

Beccadugs Thu 22-Aug-13 11:47:14

Thanks for the tips ladies!

Re: moving, a friend of mine is due September, she moved about 4 weeks ago! I am AMAZED by how much they have got done since they moved (and absolutely GREEN with envy, we've lived here for 3 years and it is still a project!). I can only assume that pregnancy is a real incentive to get things done, I am hoping that the closer you get to the due date, the more we get done... hmm

Jolleigh Thu 22-Aug-13 11:49:19

Ah well if the risk is more to me, I have no issue. I'm always bloody hurting myself anyway...still seem to have a pulled arse bum muscle which is causing endless amusement wink

justmuddlingthroughit Thu 22-Aug-13 11:53:14

Ooh, shiny new thread!

pram, I'm so sorry that your DH behaved like such a cucking funt. I read your post open-mouthed at the level of his delusion. No advice to offer, just moral support.

Good luck all scannees, and congrats to yesterday's lot; it's so lovely to see all the pics on Facebook.

I had my booking in appointment this morning which went well. Classified as low risk, at least for now... MW is dating the pregnancy from my last period, rather than from the early scan, which isn't always very reliable, so according to that I am 10 + 5, instead of 9 + 4. Given that I don't so much have a menstrual cycle as a menstrual random number generator, I'm inclined to believe the scan more, but all will become clear at the dating scan. I'm expecting a letter soon with a date, and can't wait cos I feel like once I've had my scan it will seem more definite, and we can finally go public!

Joll, I moved at 7 months pg with DS2. It wasn't a huge problem. I just let everyone else do the work and shouted instructions grin

Pram, how are you feeling today? Hope you weren't up half the night thinking.

Good luck scanees. Looking forward to more pics on FB.

I had my first middle of the night wee last night. I fear it's the first of many. Last time I was pg we had a downstairs bathroom so I kept an old fashioned china potty under the bed for night wee purposes grin

Mummypig, now I want crumpets with marmite but I have no crumpets confused

Think I'm going to go to Mothercare to look at baby stuff. I'm not going to buy anything yet but I want to start choosing. Unfortunately most of my baby stuff is in the loft of the house dickhead XP lives in (our old family house) and whether I get it back or not will depend on how much of a bastard he chooses to be. He might say I can't have it just to spite me. I wouldn't put anything past him anymore.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but I announced my news on FB (rl one) and although I've had many likes and comments some people have completely ignored it. Maybe they disapprove? I find it odd. It's big news, not "what I had for dinner" like so many people's fb posts.

MTB, I've been getting that snot-like discharge pretty much from day 1. It's totally normal.

On DTD, sorry some of your OHs are being frigid. My DP worries that we might be hurting the baby but I reassure him that bubs is well cushioned in there and wont know what we're doing. So no reduction in activity here wink

Anyway, I'm 41, #3, 13+2, edd February 25th after hospital adjusted it but I shall be sticking around here if that's ok by y'all.

Was I buggery up half the night, Lyra...slept like a bleddy log.

Thanks, Muddling

Good grin

mimili Thu 22-Aug-13 12:29:48

Hey Chatterboxes!! New thread already!
Just skimmed the last few days and I can also say

1. Craving crumpets with tonnes of
butter, also on the list is lumps of cheese and chips. And last night I wanted a mug of gravy!! I normally eat so well!

2. Window shopping at mother care. I also cannot resist. Have also 'chosen' a pram at kiddicare!

3. sex - I am completely off it. sad I feel too tired. I work long hours so when I get home I just eat and sleep!

Congratulations to all the happy scans. Still waiting for a date. I am ten weeks and four days today. Phoned to chase it up and they said I'll be getting it at 13/14 weeks. Grrrrr

liberuna Thu 22-Aug-13 12:29:54

What's DTD ?

My OH is not being frigid per se but is leaving it to me to make moves. So don't know if he's not interested or being overly sensitive.

Ive heard there's a mothercare store with a testing circuit for buggies. Definitely want to give that a go.
Can't wait to hear about today's scanees! smile we're just living vicariously thru you.

justmuddlingthroughit Thu 22-Aug-13 12:45:30

DTD means doing the deed wink

Currently have an overwhelming craving for pecan plait pastries. Clearly I need protein and sugar... I'm off to the shops then....mmm...

This thread is not accepting new messages.