Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2014 - thread 5 - Dating scans in full swing

(1000 Posts)
faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 09:19:13

Stats thread Here

Link back to Thread 4 for anyone who misses it

faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 09:19:55

oops got to 1000 post before starting a new thread, so I hope everyone finds the new on ok??

F&T

commsgirl Thu 22-Aug-13 09:25:58

Found you smile

HotCrossPun Thu 22-Aug-13 09:36:36

Here you are. I've been looking for you, you bunch of chatterboxes! grin

Beccadugs Thu 22-Aug-13 09:43:27

Wow five threads!

PiratesMam Thu 22-Aug-13 09:44:40

[mouthful of Pop Tart] I'm here!

IceNoSlice Thu 22-Aug-13 09:45:56

Hola chicas!

commsgirl Thu 22-Aug-13 09:48:20

Still resisting buying pop tarts!

faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 09:48:57

Yes and in my super exhausted state confused I forgot to write "thread 5" in the subject!

Glad you guys found it.

My scan is next Wednesday and the reality that in 6 months time we're having a baby is starting to sink in. Roll on mild panic! Feel some lists coming on!

F&T

faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 09:51:39

* wonders * have I ever eaten pop tarts? - not sure I have

I know one of my friends made pop tarts from scratch... they didn't look quite the same as shop bought ones that was for sure.

RaspberrysAndIcecream Thu 22-Aug-13 09:57:54

Oh god - now I'd like pop tart. But I hate them. How does that work??!!

How is everyone today?

At the start if this thread can we see how far everyone is? I've lost track! blush

Raspberry #1, 9weeks, 4days. Due date 23rd march

MTBMummy Thu 22-Aug-13 10:00:32

Found you!

Good luck to Grey, Frank and Rock today, looking forward to seeing some new scan pics

Pram so sorry your DP is being an utter twat - I do hope he manages to pull himself together as much for his own sake but also that of your baby.

Feeling shattered, just as I think my symptoms are letting up, they seem to come back full swing, so I'm treating myself to a large portion of chips covered in salt and vinegar with ketchup for lunch - I need carbs!

faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 10:01:43

F&T Age 29, #1, 11 + 1, EDD 12th March, Dating scan Wed 28th August

commsgirl Thu 22-Aug-13 10:05:48

Neither do I Raspberry. Still want one though.

MTB My symptoms are coming and going all the time now too. Can't decide if I prefer that or them being constant and predictable!

Beccadugs Thu 22-Aug-13 10:06:50

I am also in the mad list making phase! Keep looking around the house in utter panic about what needs to be done.

I've been too ill to even manage the laundry, so you can imagine what the house looks like! Have been feelin muscly better recently so might have a crack at a bit of sorting today. Perhaps the best thing is to focus on one area... (Any tips from super efficient Kim and Aggie types greatly appreciated!!)

DH is painting the living room this week, so we can move my desk and teaching resources downstairs to free up "the nursery" - we did have a dining room, but have built a massive extension so dining area in the kitchen means I can have one of the reception rooms as my study/craft/tutoring/library room!!

Pram - I'm really really sorry things went badly with your DH yesterday. No advice but sending lots support!

faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 10:16:38

Becca I have been on strike, everything looked like a bomb site until couple of weeks a go, my DH broke in the end and did some 'tidying up'. I had done the washing but when he 'tidied' the bedroom, I discovered he had been using his side of the bedroom floor as a laundry basket so my lovely empty laundry basket (I had literally emptied that day) was instantly full. After two weeks of ignoring it, I had a sulk, told DH I was sick of doing the washing... I am currently doing the washing now.. such a push over!

My advise, you can live in a messy house but you can't go out naked, well you can but its not as warm as it was a few weeks ago!!

F&T

commsgirl Thu 22-Aug-13 10:17:14

Becca Write a list breaking everything up and tackle one at a time. If you see anything else while you're going on, don't let it distract you, just add it to your list. Have lots of breaks!

MTBMummy Thu 22-Aug-13 10:18:04

Becca I'm making lists, but can't do anything yet as we take possession of our new house in just under a month. We also have the last of our guests due this weekend, and then several quiet weekends which mean we can finally start packing and sorting our what's going with us and what is going to the tip.

The great thing is that 2 close friends are also pregnant, one due the month before me and one after, and we're all looking to move into roughly the same area - which would be amazing!

rosyryan Thu 22-Aug-13 10:19:19

Found you!

Good luck Moosey, Rock and Frank smile

MTBMummy Thu 22-Aug-13 10:22:12

Bit of a TMI question - but has anyone had a really gloopy (like clear snot) discharge?

I've had it the last few days and it seems really quite odd

faithfulandtruthful Thu 22-Aug-13 10:27:23

MTB I have especally after DTD, I believe its just your body keeping things clean up there to prevent any infections spreading up into your cervix.

F&T

Jolleigh Thu 22-Aug-13 10:39:05

Quick opinion gauging...am I completely mad to be moving house while pregnant???

Found you all!!!

Don't even get me started on housework.... I'm fine with all the washing, but the smell of toilet cleaner does not sit well. It's about time mrM did some housework anyway wink

MTBMummy Thu 22-Aug-13 10:41:49

Thanks F&T that might explain it - I finally had a good day on Sunday and DTD

MTBMummy Thu 22-Aug-13 10:42:55

Jolleigh - I'm moving house, so I don't think you're mad, but I wouldn't do it towards the end of my pregnancy... Taht said I would rather do it pregnant than with a new born

This thread is not accepting new messages.