Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2014

(1001 Posts)
jellyandcake Wed 21-Aug-13 07:50:10

Ok, I can't see a May thread in here so I guess I will start one! According to the NHS due date calculator my EDD is actually 30th April but I think that makes me more likely to be having a May baby anyway!

Am feeling very tentative about starting this thread as I had a mc in June and it's very early days for this one but...anyone want to come and chat through these nerve-wracking first few days?

CityGal29 Sat 24-Aug-13 19:23:43

Hey all, got Bfp on weds with FR, due 2 may according to fertility friend app :-)

Already have 2 DC and just started a 12wk contract so hopefully good timing!!

Congrats everyone! I'm feeling so sick and refluxy bleugh!! hmm

hamncheese Sat 24-Aug-13 19:25:40

Hello everyone!

Got bfp on Thursday... Ten days after conception! Wow the symptoms are so much earlier and obvious second time round... Anyone else find that? Felt implantation pain too so it seems much more personal at this stage compared to ds1 smile also tender and bigger boobs (thank god they were like eggs in socks after bfing!) cramps, dizziness when standing up and gagging when brushing teeth. The joys!

I think we are due 3 may... Couldn't get an accurate result from the calculator based on cycles as only had one period back since ds1 and crazy cycles of 40 days so did it on conception date which means 2 weeks today but I think the docs class that then as 4 weeks along?

emjay hope you enjoy telling your parents. I'm hoping to keep it a secret til 12 weeks this time. Last time had to give it up at 8 because I was so sick I had to get my mum to look after me. Dear god I hope that doesn't happen again! So far so good.

Argh so exciting!

EmJay9 Sat 24-Aug-13 20:50:34

Hi citygal and hamandcheese congrats on your bfp. I keep getting the odd stitch like feeling, tiredness, and achy boobs which have def got bigger already! I did plan on not telling anyone till I'd got to 12 weeks but think I need to tell my parents before. Fingers crossed you don't get so sick this time hamandcheese it is so exciting but also a little scary! Or it is for me anyway!

Truffkin Sat 24-Aug-13 22:50:01

Hi all, BFP today and still feeling slightly shell shocked so thought I'd see if there was a May thread to chat! EDD May 4th and after a long ttc 'journey' to win DC1 (21 months old now) this was our first month of trying. Yes, I really am totally shocked as we had our minds set for the long haul again.

Also wanted to say that DS was born at the Whittington and I had a great experience there, can't speak highly enough of the place smile

Truffkin Sat 24-Aug-13 22:52:29

Sorry should have said, no symptoms at all (apart from lack of ERTD symptoms) but I 'knew' as I was taking the test. Feels freaky.

Nessalina Sun 25-Aug-13 00:21:51

Hi all smile
I'm due 23rd April, so been on the April thread for a lil' while, but most seem to be about 2 weeks ahead of me, so I thought I might hang out with you guys too, hope that's ok? grin
I've been having very few symptoms, mainly bigger & more sensitive boobs, have gone up two cup sizes! No sickness yet. It's my first, so I don't know what to expect!
Have told my three best girl pals because they've been holding my hand through TTC, and just told my mum & dad today because we're staying with them this weekend but we don't see them often. I think they're a bit shell shocked shock
5+3

LongTailedTit Sun 25-Aug-13 01:22:16

Truffkin - same here, our first cycle, BFP today, and same EDD too!
DS is 27mo and currently baby obsessed, tho has no idea what we're on about! He's more interested in baby bunnies.

Sooo bloated and windy, feel like a zeppelin already!

I had two old friends over today so told them both (too excited and can't keep my own secrets), will tell my sis next week, then wait a few more weeks before telling our parents and DHs siblings.

On the April thread they try to put their week+day at the end on posts, helps to keep track of where we all are - shall we try to as well?

4+3.

jellyandcake Sun 25-Aug-13 07:09:25

Congratulations to the new bfps!

I am not totally sure how to work how many weeks+days I am. Are you counting forwards from the first day of your last period or backwards from EDD? I think I'm really frightened of over estimating how far along I am!

Anyone else's emotions completely haywire? I am going nuts!

4-5 weeks.

EmJay9 Sun 25-Aug-13 07:31:42

Morning all and welcome to the newbies! Another rubbish nights sleep, v sore boobs and had sort of cramps in tummy during night so that kept me awake worrying. Such a nerve wracking time really. Wish you just knew everything was going to be ok! I'm 4+5 today.

hamncheese Sun 25-Aug-13 07:54:10

Yes jelly I'm going from delirious to weepy to v v v angry in half an hour. Poor DS got told off for not going to sleep last night sad

truffkin and longtail same... First cycle. All that first year back fertility must be right! My DS was one on 2 August

Also got the waking up a lot and odd dreams. Feel like I'm constantly really close to waking up...

Pancakes for breakfast! Trying to shovel it all in incase I get sick again!

Allypallyjelly Sun 25-Aug-13 07:55:56

Congratulations to new BFPs!!
Jelly - I think if u put it on the nhs calculator it asks for your First day of last MP and then from EDD you can try use this link for example: http://www.miniwebtool.com/how-many-weeks-pregnant-am-i/

Morning emjay - high 5 I'm still on insomnia and it's driving me crazy. And have cramps n brown discharge now so also worrying but I'm not doing a lot. Just lying down and resting when I can because work is really stressful so I think for next couple of weeks I will take it easy as it's vital time next 3 weeks. Now I'm starting to feel a little nauseous with metallic-y taste and also bigger bbs but not sore. I'm still testing just to be sure i see the bfp at least until my blood test is done. Ok sorry I'm a big worrier!!
Today is 4+5 same as jelly and emjay

Truffkin Sun 25-Aug-13 09:16:39

Reading your posts has reminded me how worrying the first trimester can be! Hope everyone is having a chilled out Sunday to compensate :-)

My sickness started at 7 weeks last time so am going to enjoy food for the next few weeks just in case! I did a digital test this morning 'just to check' and am hoping I can restrain myself more than last time when I used up every test in my arsenal (and after many months of ttc I had a fair stock!)

Second (or more) timers, when do you plan on notifying your GP? I know now that they don't really do anything, but want to make sure I don't leave it too late to get in the system for a scan.

I have literally no symptoms yet at all. Occasionally have some stretchy crampy feelings but not too often. Still very early days.
4+1 for me.

Isean Sun 25-Aug-13 12:01:23

Hello all and welcome to the newcomers!

I am confused with working out the weeks and days. I've tried a few different due date calculators and some say 28th April and some say 30th April confused
My cycles were 32, 31, 27 and 37 days since I came off the pill so I'm unsure what my average cycle length should be!

Anyone able to make sense of it for me? smile

Isean Sun 25-Aug-13 12:04:11

Oh and my LMP started on 22nd July.

LongTailedTit Sun 25-Aug-13 12:20:27

Truffkin - I'm going to call the Docs next week and see what the receptionists advise, but if they don't tell me anything useful I'll make an appt around 6-8 weeks.

Isean - my cycles have been 28?, 26, 26, then 31, but 31 is my normal pre DS cycle length, so I'm going with that.
Besides which, EDDs are fairly meaningless anyway, it's better to think of a 'due month', only 5% of babies turn up on their EDD.

LongTailedTit Sun 25-Aug-13 12:21:27

Ideas - I meant to add, I'd probably average yours out at 32.

LongTailedTit Sun 25-Aug-13 12:22:33

Blardy autocorrect! Isean - my iPad reckons you're either Ideas or Siena?!
Truffkin - you're Truffling! smile

Truffkin Sun 25-Aug-13 12:25:30

ISean I would imagine that a calculator using the standard 28 day cycle is giving you the 28th April due date but going on your average cycle of 32 days EDD would be 2nd May. Depending on your HCP they may just go with 28th April (my experience has been that they often don't trust you know your cycle well enough so use default info) but you can insist on a different date and it will be 'confirmed' when they scan you.

There are pros and cons of an earlier or later date and if you go over then a later EDD might buy you more time to avoid the 'have you had that baby yet' brigade!

Truffkin Sun 25-Aug-13 12:26:54

XP Longtail, I'm happy to be Truffling if that is what the iphone decrees :-)

Isean Sun 25-Aug-13 12:29:33

Thanks Long I think I will go with 32 days as that's what just came up when I put it into an average cycle length calculator. So that would give me a EDD of 2nd May and make me 4+2 (which seems soooooooo early!!!)
Time seems to be going backwards for me haha!

EmJay9 Sun 25-Aug-13 14:16:46

The insomnia is driving me crazy! Just home from Sunday lunch so now gonna try and have an afternoon nap. I'm feeling quite uncomfortable today and crampy. Also while out for dinner thought I was gonna throw up when they filled up the mash in front of me lol can't stand mash anyway! Thought of it was even worse today. Confusing how so a happy time in your life is also the most worrying. Pleased I can chat on here and know I'm not the only one.

hamncheese Sun 25-Aug-13 18:03:39

I guess your EDD now will give a fair idea but they will give you a diff one prob at your scan. Funnily enough with DS we worked out 2 aug as EDD on my cycle then they put us back to 11 aug EDD at the scan. Guess what DS birthday is? ;)

I can't believe I feel so good at the moment. Waiting for the other shoe to drop... And for me to want to vomit into it.

LongTailedTit Sun 25-Aug-13 18:18:12

Evening all.
Feeling distinctly unpregnant here, the swollen boobs and gas are the only clues.
I remember last time this stage feeling interminably long - I couldn't wait for a bump and movement so I knew I really was pregnant!

Please tell me if this is an insane idea, but I really fancy getting a foetal Doppler monitor this time.... I loved listening to DSs heartbeat when I was pg last time, but only heard it a few times at check ups. They're only a tenner second hand on eBay...

EmJay9 Sun 25-Aug-13 19:21:39

Hi longtailedtit I know what you mean about feeling unpregnant, I'm desperate to know all is ok and wish there was movement already but a while to wait yet! Doesn't sound like an insane idea to me, being new to this I didn't realise you could get such a thing but think its def something worth investing in!

This thread is not accepting new messages.