Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 - Part 5 - The one in which nobody has ANY vomiting, heartburn, or random leg injuries...

(1000 Posts)
marzipanned Tue 20-Aug-13 21:09:53

Well, here's hoping!

Shropshiremummy2bLaFay Wed 21-Aug-13 13:41:26

MissKat you really want a pork bap don't you?! I can think of two sandwich shops within walking distance of my office that serve them, give me your address and il wap a bap in the post.

I'm still here feeling bad that everyone is having a rough time of it except me, and now worrying it's all going a bit too well....

Have however been having the vivid dreams followed by being convinced theyre true followed by forgetting what happened in them seconds later.

About to take delivery of my preggo pillow which will hopefully keep me on my left side, I have been quite good at this mainly because DH snores like nothing you will have ever heard in your life, which I can sleep through, but it's pretty minging when he starts blowing in your face.

amicusapple Wed 21-Aug-13 13:45:31

Great news mrscookie!! It's such a huge relief isn't it!

Are you telling us which you're having? You're the first to know! (I think).

Do we keep a tally of who's having what on the stats thread? I can't decide whether to find out??

tinypolkadot Wed 21-Aug-13 13:54:38

ooh mrscookie what are you having?

Somanychanges Wed 21-Aug-13 14:07:09

ch1134 how scarey, but hopefully it will all be fine. There is nothing worse than all that worry during pregnancy. Hope the next set of bloods are more reassuring.

The school is so very popular and 8 children would have to leave for him to get in. I cannot see that much movement in this lovely village. But we have two routes now, one is an appeal, the other is to carry on with the application for a statement and hope that we have better luck next year when applying for the Junior school. There are valid reasons why the other schools are not suitable so I am hoping and praying we will win the appeal.

I think this is the first day in the holidays so far my children have not been arguing. They are playing so well together, which is rare. But when it happens it is really magic.

ChocoFrog Wed 21-Aug-13 14:17:19

Great news Mrscookie

amicus other threads I've seen put what they are having on their stats thread when they know. I saw one which had team blue, team pink and team yellow. A bit gender stereotyped but did at least give those who aren't finding out a way of saying so. How does everyone feel about sharing? I'll probably be team yellow so it makes no odds to me!

ch1134 Wed 21-Aug-13 14:21:35

Thanks for the support everyone. I feel reassured to be looked after by docs and was worried it'd be more concerning. I'll let you know if anything changes.
Sorry some of you still feel rotten. I've got away extremely lightly - not even gone off any food!
I won't be finding out gender. Before pregnancy thought I'd want to, but as soon as I knew I was pregnant felt overwhelmingly that I didn't want to know - don't want to prepare differently or think of baby differently just because of its sex (I'm a bit of a feminist!)

bugsyburge Wed 21-Aug-13 14:37:11

wow youve been chatting loads lately....I've been away for a couple of days so time to catch up nowgrin

Shropshiremummy2bLaFay Wed 21-Aug-13 15:16:09

Im the other way round ch1134, never dreamt of finding out the sex before getting preggers but now i'm desparado to know. The reason I didnt want to know before was because by finding out, it becomes a real person with a name therefore making it a million times harder in the awful case something bad happens. But right now it seems very pessimistic and I should just sit on DH until he lets me find out.

Camwombat Wed 21-Aug-13 15:28:00

We found out with ds, as we both wanted to know and meant we could cut out 50% of the names yes we are indecisive.
We didnt change anything else in our preparation and didnt go out buying "boy" things, everything was still neutral. Just in case they got it wrong. we would have been screwed with a name then
This time we will also find out, and once again play roulette as to whether each half of the gps that don't want to know find out...

Thingymajigs Wed 21-Aug-13 15:51:58

Thank you tiny. I'll put that on ny shopping list. The itching is unbearable at night time.
somanychanges I had a battle on my hands finding a secondary school for ds1. It took years of battling and appeals but he's now in a wonderful school (albeit an hours drive away). Don't give up, it will get easier and there is somewhere perfect for him.
mrscookie that must be such a relief. Do we get to know if you blue or pink or are you keeping it just between you and your family?

mrscookie78 Wed 21-Aug-13 16:05:25

hopefully they didn't get it wrong after checking the chromosomes grin I will spill after my 20 week scan to make it fair!!

laura0007 Wed 21-Aug-13 17:00:04

Ooh exciting that means our babies are all fully developed in the downstairs departments wink
Can't wait to find out, my 20 week scan is the 17th of September and it feels a lifetime away!! Then I can go out and buy little teeny blue or pink things!

Littleen Wed 21-Aug-13 17:27:36

Sling + cats sounds like a brilliant idea. Mine was not very impressed with the socks we put on, so don't think they'd be up for it :P Now I'm being told off for getting cat hair on the socks by DP - ?! Everything gets cat hair on it, we have 3 of the beasts! haha.

Vivid dreams were more a thing at 7-8 weeks for me, mainly about sex, or watching others have sex, and about giving birth to a baby that turned out to be an adult/toddler or cat. Very confusing.

laura0007 - I will be having a scan too around 17th September, for 17 week appointment.

How early can you see the gender? We really want to find out smile

Thisisfreakingmeout Wed 21-Aug-13 18:01:29

Nice one mrscookie, you must be thrilled!

I'm finding it all seems to be going quite fast. Plus I didn't realise they bumped my EDD forward to 2 /2/14 to add to my confusion!

littlestgirlguide Wed 21-Aug-13 18:08:57

I had my 16 week check this morning, at 15+1. It took precisely 6 minutes, while the midwife wrote up my notes a healthcare assistant took my blood pressure and tested my wee sample. She asked if I was feeling well, no other questions, and said she would see me again at 28 weeks. I knew that would be all there was to it, but I still can't help feeling a bit unimportant. Especially as it cost me 2 and a half hours annual leave (my boss says 2 hours is 'reasonable' for a medical appointment, and because the appointment was at 10.30, it actually meant me not getting to work till 12).

ch1134 Wed 21-Aug-13 18:27:14

That sucks that your work wouldn't give you time off (and isn't it illegal?) but really it's good as it means nothing has been flagged up to keep an eye on. I had mine today too and it took about half an hour, maybe longer - had to have repeat blood tests and talks, heard heartbeat and made appt for 25 weeks. If I were in work (teacher - sorry!), I would have needed at least 2 hours off too.

bugsyburge Wed 21-Aug-13 18:36:49

have any of you with cats had any peeing incidents? our female cat started peeing in the house when we returned from holiday in may..... I didn't know myself at the time but I was pregnant & so I read online about other people having female cats who did similar when they were pregnant?

it's lucky we were getting new flooring because the pee soaked through to the underlay in our spare room and I had no choice but to lift the carpet & throw it away angry

laura0007 Wed 21-Aug-13 18:46:21

No bugsy. I have a female cat but to be fair she only tolerates me in the house because I feed or or I think she'd have kicked me out long ago. I just get filthy looks if I walk past her and if I try and touch her you'd think I was trying to kill her! She never used to be like this, used to let me carry her around upside down like a baby but she's turning into a miserable old bugger in her old age!

Milkandtwo Wed 21-Aug-13 18:57:46

Boo, been up working solidly am since 6am and still several hours behind! Soooo ridiculously tired. Going to pack not in now and soak in the tub then to bed at 8pm i reckon. Whilst dreaming of pork baps, thanks for that misskat. Would adore a hog roast or a pulled pork sandwich right now. With a bottle of wine. Argh.

Our friend lent us her car seat which the cats have promptly done shifts in (musn't let her know, she's not a cat fan). Want to put it in the loft but not until I've cleaned it, but haven't the heart to kick the cats off. Aware this is bad behaviour I am not discouraging and need to change my ways! I'm going to start 'training' them soon by lining cot/moses basket etc with tin foil or sticky tape as apparently felines detest both and won't try it again? Hmm.

milk I found putting a baby in said baby items put my cats right off the car seat/pram/cot. They didn't appear to like my ds unpredictable movements and nature.

Nice cat did try to sit on ds within hours of him being born but once I said no, not until he is bigger than you cat he left him alone and still won't go near him hmm 'Orrible cat just glared at him for 6 months and then accepted that he was here to stay and kind of has a truce with ds (unless ds annoys her and then the claws come out).

YY to towel under boobs in the early days! My bed got drenched!

I had some mothercare maternity tights last time - really pleased with them. I have just bought some in h&m reduced to £2 a pair so no great loss if they are no use.

I am constantly craving soggy lasagne and really dry oven chips at the moment with huge piles of peas confused Not sure what my body is telling me I need!

mrscookie78 Wed 21-Aug-13 19:17:10

you can have private gender scans from 16 weeks grin

Littleen Wed 21-Aug-13 19:29:22

Awesome, thanks mrscookie78 smile

Cat peeing inside.. My female cat has always had a thing for peeing in the shower when she doesn't want to go outside. Laziness though, nothing's changed since I became pregnant. Could be stress if you just got back from holiday, or if it continues, you might want to take her to vets incase she has UTI or something. This powder carpet cleaning stuff - the pink brand, can't remember name, well it works woooonders on cat mess on carpets. Sprinkle, rub and hoover up smile

Also, pettyprudence you can get these little rubberthingies to put on your cats claws if s/he is scratching at your little one! Will defo get some for our cats, as one likes to slap others when annoyed, and one is just very clumsy and gets the claws stuck everywhere (potentially baby clothes?!) You can even get them in bright colours :P bit funny.

Milkandtwo Wed 21-Aug-13 19:40:24

If I put covers on my cats claws they'd probably take a shit on my pillow as a dirty protest and then I'd never seem 'em again. They're not mighty tolerant! Suspect they will all be terrified of DC, they're generally terrified of anyone other than myself and DH. I suspect because they raid neighbours houses and are accustomed to being chased out with brooms etc.

CubanoHabana Wed 21-Aug-13 19:58:29

We have litter trays in our downstairs cupboard with cat flap for them to get in, my female cat has started peeing copious amounts inside the cupboard on the floor - not in the trays. Still poops in them though... Don't know if its because oh is doing trays now and just not cleaning them as well or if its because of pregnancy.... She will also not leave me alone and is driving me slightly crazy!

Sassy20 Wed 21-Aug-13 20:02:24

My cat is pretty good with dd - swiped at her once when she crawled right at her and prodded her paw but got told off and been good as gold since.

Anyone else still feeling exhausted? I'm still suffering from insomnia and woke up at 3.30am today! Couldn't get back to sleep but started to feel tired again just in time for when my alarm went off at 6.30! As a consequence I'm now in bed as am feeling tired and sick - always worse when I get too tired hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.