Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 - Part 5 - The one in which nobody has ANY vomiting, heartburn, or random leg injuries...

(1000 Posts)
marzipanned Tue 20-Aug-13 21:09:53

Well, here's hoping!

vix206 Wed 21-Aug-13 09:35:33

misskatamari I need one of those Lidl pillows! No mention of it on their website that I can see, might have to go and have a look in store because £10 is such a bargain!!

marzipanned Wed 21-Aug-13 10:18:48

Hmm, so DH wants his Dad to come to the gender scan. I don't want him to, but can't really think of a good rational reason. I said I want it to just be the two of us in the room when we find out, so DH asked if his Dad could wait outside and come in afterwards. I still feel weird about this.

Anyone got a good excuse why not?!

Thingymajigs Wed 21-Aug-13 10:41:04

Just say that this is a private scan to check for problems and isn't a family event. Tell them you will be straight over afterwards to show them the pics.
I'm also having similar issues with interference and I've found that being blunt and clear is the only way people will listen.

ChocoFrog Wed 21-Aug-13 10:59:33

Just marking my place on the new thread.

Still laid up with my ankle, although they have downgraded it from broken to badly sprained. Still can't walk on it though which is getting very boring. My sense of balance has never been good so add to that a burgeoning baby bump and I'm absolutely lethal on my crutches!

Haven't been sick for a couple of weeks though, which is great as can't exactly rush to the loo. I am making up for losing the weight in the 1st trimester by now eating like it's going out of fashion.

Anyone else having very vivid dreams? Last night I dreamt I'd given birth but when I was going home from the hospital the nurses said I'd just imagined it and there was no baby. After very panicked search I found it in a drawer! Woke up in a right sweat from that one confused

16 weeks today

marzipanned Wed 21-Aug-13 11:13:46

Thingy I wouldn't mind saying that to my FIL, but it's DH who really wants him to come - and he of course knows that we're allowed guests.
His Mum came to one of the other ones (which I was totally okay with) and I think his Dad's been grumbling about it a bit.
Oh well, will just have to put my foot down.

Choco yes, very vivid dreams, luckily only one about the baby which was dreadful as I was miscarrying.

marzipanned Wed 21-Aug-13 11:14:18

Choco when's your EDD? I think I'm 16 weeks today as well but I'm not sure!!

ChocoFrog Wed 21-Aug-13 11:28:58

Marzipan I'm due the 5th if that helps. Not got my 16wk mw appt till next week when I'll be 17 wks and then got my 20 wk scan early at 19wks so I'm struggling to keep track myself. It's only because I get a NHS 'this week you are ... weeks' email that I remember.

Can't imagine my fil coming to my scans or him wanting to really. Or even my own DF being anything other than appalled at the idea. Good luck with that one.

ch1134 Wed 21-Aug-13 11:30:59

Just had my 16 week appt. Midwife said that, because of blood tests, there's a 1:50 chance baby will need blood transfusion immediately after the birth, but took my blood again, and my husband's, to see if the risk rises or falls depending on new results. May get transferred to a consultant. But reassuring really, especially hearing the heartbeat!

Off to France Friday night, so I have to get on with some work now, and I have absolutely no motivation!

tinypolkadot Wed 21-Aug-13 11:32:43

New thread already - I think March are talking more than us though, they’re nearly at the end of thread 4!

I just needed to share my find with any fellow eczema sufferers thingy – Lush’s Dream Cream. I had this delivered yesterday after reading rave reviews about how it had cleared people’s eczema and I was pretty desperate to try anything as it’s not cheap. It’s not even been a full day and I’m happy to report the itching has stopped and the redness has turned to more of a pink. Hopefully it’ll clear altogether in a couple of days. The smell is a bit hmm but that’s fine by me at it’s all natural and good.

I’m still feeling pretty shocking and nauseous if I don’t get about 10 hours sleep at night.

Apparently baby is the size of an avocado and it’s going to double in weight over the next 3 weeks! shock

16+1

marzipanned Wed 21-Aug-13 11:37:19

Thanks choco, I'm due the 4th so guess I should be counting Tuesday to Tuesday. My 16 week appt is also next week and 20 week is at 21 weeks...all mine have been a week late actually!

ch1134 sorry about the blood results and glad that the meeting overall was positive. Hopefully you get a lower risk with the new results - but better to know in advance either way.

ch1134 Wed 21-Aug-13 11:40:14

yes you're right marzipanned. I'm feeling fine about it really. Only real concern is that risks to baby increase with each pregnancy, but I feel very calm and will concentrate on this little one for now!
My sister came over last night and brought me a big bag of maternity clothes - just at the right time!
I've been having vivid dreams throughout, and trouble sleeping, which is very unusual for me. Some of the dreams are quite funny though, and I wake up laughing!

Somanychanges Wed 21-Aug-13 11:44:22

Well I am sorry to say I am still sick. But I didn't expect to be better so soon so no surprise. I suffered from HG for 5 months with each of my previous pregnancies. I should count myself lucky I suppose as some people have it until the moment they give birth.

It does put a downer on the pregnancy though, hard to get excited when you feel so sick.

I am also having crazy dreams I was having wild sex dreams for about 4 nights. What a shame for DH that he is not getting that type of action whilst I am ill. Then last night I had an awful nightmare which included a pedophile who was after my children. It was horrific and I woke up in a panic at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep.

I am going to have to go and get some maternity clothes it looks like as my tummy is too uncomfortable now in my ordinary trousers. Now I have moved into the sticks don't really have much around in the way of clothes shops except the local charity shops. I think I will wait until school starts so I don't have to drag my two around the shops.

Oh and on that note, I had some bad news. My son did not get a place at the local school and is 7th on the waiting list as there is no space. Looks like I will be home schooling for a while as because of his SN none of the other schools in the area are suitable. sad

I hope you all have a good day, we are off out to the library and then for a long walk on the common today. grin

marzipanned Wed 21-Aug-13 11:47:42

somany I'm so sorry you're still suffering. Mine has only gone in the past few days and I am on tenterhooks waiting for it to come back. Are you medicated? I couldn't cope without.

Bad news about your son's school as well sad What's the likelihood that the waiting list will go? How do you feel about home schooling - are there any home ed groups in your area that can support?

misskatamari Wed 21-Aug-13 11:57:38

Somany - sorry you're still feeling sick hmm and sorry to hear that your son hasn't got into the school - hopefully there will be some people who leave at the start of term and he gets a place. I know at ours we always get some that have signed up and just don't turn up and some who leave and go elsewhere.

Ch - sorry about the worrying blood results but atleast you're well prepared in advance and there's still a good chance everything will be fine. It's good your being positive 1/50 always sounds scary but that's a 49/50 chance baby won't need bloods.

Yes to the crazy dreams! I had loads last night about being pregnant but I didn't know who the dad was (how very Jeremy Kyle). The night before I had a shit scary one where this horrid creepy statue on top of the fridge (wtf!?) started looking at me then chased me round the house. DH got told off the other morning too as he woke me up as I was "about to have sex with Benedict Cumberbatch" - damn! Lol!

Had such a massive craving before for hog roast too - like you get at Christmas markets. Really want a white bap with loads of meat and apple sauce and stuffing!!!! Gutted as its not like that's something I can just go and find anywhere! hmm Hopefully ill start craving something healthy and available soon!

misskatamari Wed 21-Aug-13 11:57:41

Somany - sorry you're still feeling sick hmm and sorry to hear that your son hasn't got into the school - hopefully there will be some people who leave at the start of term and he gets a place. I know at ours we always get some that have signed up and just don't turn up and some who leave and go elsewhere.

Ch - sorry about the worrying blood results but atleast you're well prepared in advance and there's still a good chance everything will be fine. It's good your being positive 1/50 always sounds scary but that's a 49/50 chance baby won't need bloods.

Yes to the crazy dreams! I had loads last night about being pregnant but I didn't know who the dad was (how very Jeremy Kyle). The night before I had a shit scary one where this horrid creepy statue on top of the fridge (wtf!?) started looking at me then chased me round the house. DH got told off the other morning too as he woke me up as I was "about to have sex with Benedict Cumberbatch" - damn! Lol!

Had such a massive craving before for hog roast too - like you get at Christmas markets. Really want a white bap with loads of meat and apple sauce and stuffing!!!! Gutted as its not like that's something I can just go and find anywhere! hmm Hopefully ill start craving something healthy and available soon!

misskatamari Wed 21-Aug-13 11:57:42

amicusapple Wed 21-Aug-13 11:58:27

Anyone else struggling to get a decent nights sleep? On Monday I just had a really uncomfortable tummy (not sure if it's bloating or growing?).

I had to come home from work as couldn't stop myself from crying! I know its just tiredness but it makes things seem 100 times worse. In bed hoping I can catch up on some sleep this afternoon.

What are you wearing over you maternity tights? Any nice dresses or skirt / top combos?

I find clothes shopping hard enough without trying to incorporate a bump!

misskatamari Wed 21-Aug-13 11:58:27

Sorry my phone was obvs just being a dick and posted 3 blinking times!

tinypolkadot Wed 21-Aug-13 12:10:15

Crazy dreams here too, I dreamed that dh left me last night, it was horrible! Feels so real at the time, even though something at the back of your mind thinks 'hang on, this isn't right'

My next appointments are all a week late too, I don't think it matters too much. I didn't realise my 20 week scan was at 21 weeks though only just worked that out, so I can add another week to my count down sad

I've just found a dating scan at Kiddicare in Peterborough for £39, see if I can persuade dh.

Hope everything goes ok with the bloods ch1134

As for cravings - I could sit and eat wotsits all day long!

CubanoHabana Wed 21-Aug-13 12:19:11

tiny be careful with things from lush, as although all natural, they use essential oils, some of which should not be used during pregnancy.

I used to work there years ago and there was actually very few things we could recommend for pregnancy at the time, just get the lush times and check the ingredients... Dream cream is definitely fine though and used to be the go to item we were supposed to recommend for pregnant ladies / people buying for gifts - very good for stretch marks too.

tinypolkadot Wed 21-Aug-13 12:23:39

Thanks for the advice Cubano I haven't actually got anything else of theirs at the moment as I remember someone at work selling one of the gift boxes because she was pregnant.

Good to know that the cream is ok to use while pregnant, I shall be using it for stretch mark prevention now too! smile

sunflowered Wed 21-Aug-13 12:56:46

I went back to bed for 15 mins before work yesterday after waking up early and in that 15 mins had a really vivid, really intense dream. Could I tell you now what it was about though? Not a chance!

Just spotted that there's now a May 2014 thread - we're proper old hands now! A whole trimester ahead.

mrscookie78 Wed 21-Aug-13 13:37:06

whoo im officially here now to chat about pregnancy stuff. I got the all clear from my cvs, and to brighten my day we found out the sex. grin I bought primark pants as they are huge and you don't want anything touching your scar if u have a section. I found boots maternity pads were very narrow so id avoid them!! I can dig all my maternity clothes out now even though I haven't outgrown much yet. grin

15+ 3

LovesToBake Wed 21-Aug-13 13:39:33

Another new thread! I can hardly keep up! I'm afraid I'm another one spoiling this shiny new thread by still puking almost every morning. This morning was hideous - some kind of bright yellow stomach acid type stuff. Sorry, hope nobody's reading this while eating their lunch - definite TMI! Also woke up with a pounding headache this morning which I'm sure is a hormonal thing, can't seem to shift it.

Noticed the question about maternity tights - I remember being happy with mine from M&S last time. Hope that helps.

Also a fan of the enormous Primark black pants and Mothercare maternity pads with wings for the early weeks. Someone mentioned sleeping on a pad for leaks. I didn't have that problem, but did have to sleep on a towel for a few weeks thanks to the leaking boobs as I had quite a problem with oversupply - another delight!

mrscookie78 Wed 21-Aug-13 13:39:46

sorry didn't see your post ch, hope you get a new result from yours and dh blood. try not to worry, least you know now and can be prepared. x

This thread is not accepting new messages.