Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2014... Thread 1

(1001 Posts)
BoobsTooBig Tue 20-Aug-13 10:46:44

Hi girls thought as that thread it quite full we could start a new one here.
Hope you don't mind pink.
How you girls all feeling today? I swear I keep forgetting I'm pregnant when symptoms disappear randomly. But I'm at such early stages, one of the babies of the bunch at just 5+2

poppyXsmile Wed 25-Sep-13 08:46:52

Hi ladies
I have my 12 week scan on Friday......we saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks, however due to 2 previous losses I know I will be anxious throughout whole pregnancy! Very anxious about scan.
Husband annoyed that I still don't want to tell anybody iam pregnant after 12 week scan. I want to wait until 16 weeks.

ChocChaffinch Wed 18-Sep-13 12:49:34

see LEEHANDY s message on tues 17 April!

PING!

ChocChaffinch Wed 18-Sep-13 12:48:25

the next thread is up & running the link's a bit further back down thread

ChocChaffinch Wed 18-Sep-13 12:47:22

scan fine here too, am 2 days further than I thought

12+1
2nd trimester yeah baby

SuzyP36 Wed 18-Sep-13 12:06:24

Scan sent great and I'm 12+5 so further on than I thought woo hoo x

Trinpy Wed 18-Sep-13 09:06:26

Good luck to everyone having their scans today or later this week.
I'm going away for nice pre-baby holiday for a few days. Will have to catch up on everyones news when I get back smile .

SuzyP36 Wed 18-Sep-13 07:47:28

Good luck to every1 having there scan today!
Mine is at 9am so just getting organised now. Quite glad it's finally here tbh. After hardly any symptoms all the way through I had spotting on fri night then severe headaches and nausea since then.
Had to actually leave work yesterday and as I'm self employed and the only wage earner in the house at the mo this isn't usually an option sad

Anyway ill update later. Xx

ChocChaffinch Tue 17-Sep-13 21:17:27

Hyperemesis and bad morning sickness support here

Might help, Nevergoogle? it's horrible to feel so so sick.

Bodeccia Tue 17-Sep-13 21:05:17

I think I look like I'm getting a bump too, but then I have been eating like a proper hog blush

I feel like the fog of exhaustion is lifting, but I don't want to speak too soon...

9+1

nevergoogle Tue 17-Sep-13 20:59:38

3rd pregnancy here too. i look very pregnant already.

EverthingcrossedforApril14 Tue 17-Sep-13 20:52:00

Hi everyone,
Good luck to everyone having scans hope all goes well. I am feeling rubbish I am more tired at 11 weeks than I was earlier stages, I thought the placenta should be taking over by this stage? I think I may be coming down with a virus or something!

I was at a family Wedding at the weekend and lots of people guessed, but then it is baby number 3 and
I have a big bump.

11 today

nevergoogle Tue 17-Sep-13 20:29:56

bleeeeee.

nausea has escalated to ridiculous at 10 weeks point. had to come home from work this morning. horrible horrible horrible.

10+2

bLooming2 Tue 17-Sep-13 18:12:40

Thanks mystic im 10 weeks so dnt no if it pills working or just getting better I take 1 at night as have 18 month to look after but at least he is nt pretending to b sick down toilet any more as couldn't hide it from him blush I lost so much weight last week and felt shit so even if I only manage 1 meal its better this will b my last pregnancy defently put me off hw many weeks are you xx

LeeHandy Tue 17-Sep-13 18:01:08

Golden you've had a rough week! I hope everything turns out well with the adenoma and you've recovered from the whiplash. Sending lots of brew and cake your way.

I have started a new thread for us as this one is almost full up.

Mystic73 Tue 17-Sep-13 14:39:32

Blooming2 I had cyclizine, they are all the same from the antihistamine family. I think most of them have tranqualising effects lol. Iam still feeling sick but nowhere near what I was two weeks ago when I needed to take the tablets. I used to take half a tablet at a time and could manage on one a day. I hv a busy toddler so couldn't just conk out :-/ Hope your feeling better soon, how many weeks r u ?

MummyBee87 Tue 17-Sep-13 13:43:11

LightTripper - funnily enough the one person who does know has just offered me her daughters old moses basket and stand, a mamas and papas playmat and a steriliser - result! smile thats my shopping list halved. I can't wait to get the scan done tomorrow so I can tell family, I've been afraid of telling them in case I was wrong, I didn't want to raise hopes of a first grandchild and then dash them! :S
golden - I had a similar problem to you a few years ago, although not pg and it turned out to be just a cyst, it was one of the scariest things i've ever been through, but you'll get through it because your baby needs you to!! As hard as it is, think positive and don't worry until you absolutely need to. hugs
Choc - I've had a few scans before pg for investigations so i'm used to the full bladder feeling, although usually they tell me its too full so i have to empty half of it, usually not a problem, but at the moment its all or nothing :S

LightTripper Tue 17-Sep-13 12:52:08

I know, I think they have to say that, but chances are they have a good idea from its feel and behaviour. When I went they did a needle biopsy (better than I was expecting, just like an injection but without the sting), mammogram and ultrasound, so I would think you could have at least 1 and 3 while pregnant which should give you a definitive answer. Mine was quite deep so would have been a general anaesthetic job, which is why I left it. Yours sounds much more close to the surface, so should be pretty easy to get rid of if you want to. My Mum had hers taken out, and no bad effects. Good luck, let us know how it goes. Do you have somebody to take? I went with a friend, and it was quite nice as there was quite a bit of hanging about between tests. Based on a quick Google, they are sensitive to oestrogen, so not that surprising they often appear in pregnancy!

Sending hugs... Sounds like a horrific week thanks cake

LightTripper thank you for the reassurance, the GP didn't tell me much as all! So it's nice to get some details from someone who has experienced the same! It started when I got the mirena coil, so I blame those hormones! It's gotten alot bigger in last few months, so I wonder if pregnancy hormones can spur them on?
I'd like to get rid of it if possible, as it now looks as if it filled with white stuff and is making me very self conscious in front of DH.
I got very worried when GP started talking about findding out 'if it's benign' so thank you for calming me, just feels like one thing after another at the moment.

Choc thansk for the hugs, I am feeling a bit battered at the moment!

ChocChaffinch Tue 17-Sep-13 12:24:54

oh lordy golden you poor thing - a shock and another shock. oh dear. Over 95% boob lumps are benign aren't they - take heart I'm sure it will be OK. sending you virtual hugs.

sorry to hear about your accident, whiplash is no joke thanks brew

LightTripper Tue 17-Sep-13 12:22:59

Hello Golden. I had a fibroadenoma a few years ago and there were several pregnant ladies in the waiting room: I looked it up and apparently hormonal changes can trigger them. They are benign, so worth getting checked out to be sure, but assuming it is adenoma (and they feel quite different to cancer apparently, so they should be able to have a good guess from feel) then you don't even have to have it removed unless it bothers you. I still have mine. Feels a bit like a bruise if I hug somebody at the wrong angle, but nothing too bad. My Mum had several, they do run in families apparently. Might be worth checking? My Mum never mentioned it until I had mine! The tests are totally fine, so try not to worry. I had mine done at St George's in Tooting and they did all the tests in the morning and gave me the results after lunch. If you want to ask anything please do (not sure if there is a PM option on here?)

LightTripper Tue 17-Sep-13 12:16:40

Vikki, mine is 3.30, so same problem!

cranberry, I think it's supposed to be ok. I have lost half a stone, but still "healthy" BMI and seems to have stabilised. Apparently most of the nutrients you need (apart from folic) are laid down in your body in preparation anyway, so hopefully it won't matter that I'm only eating porridge, potato and pasta... (Healthy and balanced are my watchwords, honest). My friend was on a drip for 3 pregnancies and all her girls are totally healthy, so I am telling myself not to become paranoid...

bee, I am hoping when we tell people we will be deluged with second hand stuff, but we'll see! The main ing we need to do is paint the room we want to use, but am paranoid about fumes. I think I will leave that for later anyway, and either let my OH handle it or invest in a good face mask!

chocchaff, so sorry about the HG - I am not even handling normal sickness very well so completely in awe of HG ladies. Hang on in there!

Hi everyone, I have come on for a whinge, I really am having the shittest week. Those on the FB page will know I was in a car accident at the weekend, am fine generally but have whiplash and some muscle strain so am quite sore.
My 12 week scan is on Wednesday, and I have seen my GP today as ove the last year one of the little bumps on the areola area around my nipple has been swelling and it's got to the point were I can no longer ignore it. Anyway, GP said it is an assumed adenoma, not that I have ever heard of it, but they will need to do a biopsy apaprently to check it is benign, I have to see a consultant next week as they are not sure whether to risk the procedure whilt I am pregnant. Has anyone else had this, I am freaking out, really do not need this right now!

ChocChaffinch Tue 17-Sep-13 11:39:02

my scan is tomorrow morning, how the heck Im supposed to drink 1 pint water with hyperemesis I will never know. LoATHE the full bladder waiting room feeling

MummyBee87 Tue 17-Sep-13 10:11:42

Can't wait for my scan tomorrow afternoon, I'm really excited but nervous too. I still feel like I'm imagining the whole thing so it will be nice to get solid confirmation - it will feel real for me then.
OH saw a nice crib the other day but I've decided to wait until the Christmas sales to splurge and buy things a little cheaper, so I'll save for the next few months, and any Christmas money we get from parents can go towards the fund then. Plus we have less time to store them as well, and hopefuly we'll be moving by February if our house sells (fingers crossed!). I'm not usually a huge shopper and the Christmas sales don't excite me, but I have something to buy and look forward to now so that should be fun! smile What is everyone else plannig to do about buying the different bits and pieces? Are you buying little bits here and there, or waiting for next years sales? xx

crazycranberry Tue 17-Sep-13 09:54:02

Hi everyone!
I've given in and had to take yesterday & today off work as feel like crap! Not ideal but I have only had 3days off in 10months of being there so they know I only call in sick when I really need to be.
Don't appear to have gained any weight so far (prob cos lack of food intake with 24/7nausea). I am slightly worried though.
I did had early scan at 7weeks and saw little bean and a heartbeat but can't help worrying that things have changed since then??? My 12weeks scan is not until 10th Oct. eeeek!
Trying not to be anxious as its not gonna help but its tough.
9+1

This thread is not accepting new messages.