Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2014... Thread 1

(1001 Posts)
BoobsTooBig Tue 20-Aug-13 10:46:44

Hi girls thought as that thread it quite full we could start a new one here.
Hope you don't mind pink.
How you girls all feeling today? I swear I keep forgetting I'm pregnant when symptoms disappear randomly. But I'm at such early stages, one of the babies of the bunch at just 5+2

* Kitty* and Super I have had the awful bloating too, although it seems to be easing this week (so far!)

I know it sounds insane but if you get on all fours on the floor, then dip your head so your head is resting on your forearrms (so you are head down, bum in the air) and rock backwards and forwards and side to side gently, it seems to free up the air and get it moving a bit, do it alone as you will pass the air from one end or the other so could be embarrassing grin

I found it really helped at times that the trapped air became painful.

I ahve flitted between constipation and diarrhea, the diarrhea is winning this week. Vomiting and having diarrhea on the same morning is no fun at all believe me!

bunnygoesbang Tue 20-Aug-13 16:01:16

Bart did the midwife offer any helpful suggestions?
I'm finding it the hardest part along with the constant headache I just wasnt like this last time at all and feel miserable which for a much wanted miracle child it feels bad to say

Sorry if i sounded grumpy about people saying try ginger its more because They are like if you had a ginger biscuit you will be fine and I'm a bad person if i say that doesn't actually work otherwise GPs would prescribe it. I think most people know ginger can help and so can mint but when you have it bad it really won't.

bunnygoesbang Tue 20-Aug-13 16:02:42

Oh and bold good luck with the scan I bet there will be a little heatbeat waiting to be seen and yey to bleeding stopping

Nessalina Tue 20-Aug-13 17:12:56

Grrr! Just wrote a message and it doesn't seem to have sent! Pah.
Won't write it again in case it turns up...
Why is this Thread 1 when it's Thread 2? wink
4+5

boldlittlebird Tue 20-Aug-13 17:18:42

Thanks bunny! Sorry to hear your symptoms are so extreme, it sounds miserable. I think herbal stuff can help with milder ailments, but when it comes to serious sickness it doesn't make much of a dent.

Can't offer any helpful suggestions really, other than cold towel over eyes for headache? Oh, and brew smile

BartBaby Tue 20-Aug-13 17:30:32

Hey ladies thanks for the support

I mentioned to the midwifes (there was 4 in the room checking various things after the 'group pre booking in session') and they checked the name of it and one of them made a phone call and then said it was totally fine to take! One of them even said to take them before they knew which ones they were. So I'm very relieved and really hope they work! Also mentioned to the pharmacist that I'm pregnant but haven't fgot my exemption thing yet and he just ticked it and didnt make me pay! Bonus. I can't take one until before bed so I will see how they work in the morning.

leanne239 Tue 20-Aug-13 17:47:56

how are you all? I'm feeling so run down, but apart from that, sore boobs, and back, I have no symptoms, so am feeling mega paranoid sad

hope your all well xxxx

bunnygoesbang Tue 20-Aug-13 18:06:22

Aww Leanne I think sore boobs and feeling run down are grey signs

Tea1Sugar Tue 20-Aug-13 18:12:32

Wow this thread moves fast! Cb digi driving me nuts too!
Last tues 1-2
Friday 2-3
Today 3+
Not sure how it can jump through all of them in a week!

cookielove Tue 20-Aug-13 18:41:28

Hello all smile

Found you. Still no letter and not many symptoms either!

Wickedwiggle86 Tue 20-Aug-13 19:18:51

Hello ladies, had a hectic few days so haven't been on and my I have missed a lot! Hope everybody's ok. Spent 4 hours up A&E last night as have had light spotting for the last few days and then yesterday afternoon started having bad stomach pain (not cramps). The nurse that I saw didn't even say hello - just took my referral letter from GP, turned her back to me and spent 10 mins making phone calls without even asking if I was feeling ok. It's ok for me as I can take it but imagine if she was dealing with a terrified teenager?! Got a scan tomorrow morning but will only be 5+5 so won't see anything - just hopefully will rule out ectopic. This waiting is driving me crazy - none of my friends who have had kids warned me it would be this nerve-wracking sad

LeeHandy Tue 20-Aug-13 19:23:35

Just popping in to mark my spot. smile Sorry to hear all the nausea is getting out of control. I was so tired I had to take a nap in the evening today. I don't know how I can carry on like this for months! shock

BeetleBeetle Tue 20-Aug-13 19:25:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wickedwiggle86 Tue 20-Aug-13 19:39:56

Thanks beetle. I was not impressed in the slightest - if it wasn't for the fact that I was shattered (it was about 11.30 last night) and a little tearful I probably would have said something. How far along are you? Wish I could offer some useful advice but after 3 days of researching ectopics it is still as clear as mud to me! That's the problem with pregnancy - the symptoms seem to be the same for everything!

Sorry to hear the nurse was a bitch wicked, you'd exepct a bit of compassion really wouldnt you!

beetle ive been getting a few twinges like you describe but apparently its most likely to be the uterus expanding and pushing out muscles/ligaments, its particularly bad when i sneeze!

I got in tonight and was so sick, No hiding it from DD like i have been in the mornings either so she thinks I am ill now. Id eaten a stem ginger biscuit too in an attempt to relieve the nausea so it bloody burned even more than usual. sad

greentshirt Tue 20-Aug-13 20:20:18

im panicking I wont be able to see a heartbeat at the scan tomorrow. My midwife pal reckons we will, but it wouldnt be a normal night if I didnt worry about something! Has anyone else seen a heartbeat as early as 6+3?

EverthingcrossedforApril14 Tue 20-Aug-13 20:28:14

Evening everyone,
That is an awful experience wicked some staff really should work on their bed side manner, I am sure they would not want their daughter treated like that.

Other than bad skin, big belly and feeling like I am on a boat all the time I am pretty much symptom free. Bloody pregnancy, you worry when you have symptoms and you worry when you do not. I thought because this was baby number three I would worry less and since I have promised my husband this will be my last I promised myself I would really relax and enjoy this pregnancy, fat chance!

tea maybe its twins or triplets? or that could be a myth.
Sorry no advice to offer on sickness, I find sucking on boiled sweets helps me and I try to eat little and often.

7 weeks today (feels like 7 months!)

bunnygoesbang Tue 20-Aug-13 20:28:53

Greenshirt the heart starts to beat at the end of week five.
I had my scan at 6+3 and saw it beating so good luck for tomorrow. Don't panic of they first look via your tum and can't see anything it will have to be internal.
I had an ectopic before and I had no side pain at all but I had awful pressure in my bottom like I needed to poo it got worse and I ended up throwing up violently. I also had spotting but it was very watery I hope this helps some of you.

greentshirt Tue 20-Aug-13 20:30:14

Everything crossed, I find eating little and often is really helping too, although the nausea has been quite bad at points today. Im so hoping I dont vom!!

greentshirt Tue 20-Aug-13 20:31:58

thanks bunny, she seems confident and is a scanning midwife so has lots of experience. will be a bit weird if we have to do an internal though, she's my best friend and we are close but not been that close lol

EverthingcrossedforApril14 Tue 20-Aug-13 20:53:26

I think people have seen a HB that early greentshirt but I have never had an early scan, as long as bean is measuring similar to your dates and there is not like a week difference, as in you think your 6 + 3 but your only measuring 5 weeks. In saying that my first scan with DS I thought I was 9 + 5 and the scan put me at 8 +3. Every subsequent scan agreed with my original dates and they changed my date of delivery, even though this hospital usually don't change it if it is less than 10 days out. A midwife told me that 8-9 weeks was too small to get good estimation of due date, I think the difference between weeks can be millimetres or even less

bunnygoesbang Tue 20-Aug-13 21:01:42

I think most early scans are internal greenshirt I've had them before and way been.
Just wear a dress then all you need to do is lift it up its all under a blanket and they are busy with the screen anyway. I had my oh my future mil and a friend on the room lol she is training at the moment.
It was more discreet then you think

dirtyface Tue 20-Aug-13 21:12:46

thanks kitty .....how are people getting to have HCG blood tests?

have booked a private scan for sept 10th - its going to be £200 shock

runninggirl85 Tue 20-Aug-13 21:22:02

Hi everyone. Had midwife app tonight. Lots and lots of forms to fill in, blood to be taken and so much to learn.

BUT I heard a really strong heartbeat :-) was amazing.

She felt my tummy and said that she thought I was 11 weeks!! I think more 5 or 6! She said she'll book me in for a scan in the next 10 days and I'll find out for sure.

Exciting but scary. Hearing the heart beat was amazing though!

mamapants Tue 20-Aug-13 21:31:26

Hello and congratulations to everyone!
Can I join please? Not entirely sure on due date. Based on LMP it would be the 8th April but had very long cycles so thinking it would be more like the 14th-20th.
Haven't phoned the midwife yet only got the BFP yesterday after 3 negative tests!! So its all feeling a bit unreal at the moment.
I have a DS who is 13months old. We are in the middle of doing a house renovation at the moment as well, so its all very busy!

This thread is not accepting new messages.