Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2014... Thread 1

(1001 Posts)
BoobsTooBig Tue 20-Aug-13 10:46:44

Hi girls thought as that thread it quite full we could start a new one here.
Hope you don't mind pink.
How you girls all feeling today? I swear I keep forgetting I'm pregnant when symptoms disappear randomly. But I'm at such early stages, one of the babies of the bunch at just 5+2

runninggirl85 Tue 20-Aug-13 10:51:48

Hi boobs all ok here too - symptons seem to have disappeared this week.

I think i'm between 5 and 6 weeks too so maybe we should be grateful.

I have an appointment with a midwife today at 5:30pm , i only got the appointment because my last period was in May so they think i am further along that i am.. ! I'm definitely not that far though as i think i conceived in July. (My periods are irregular).

Have you told anyone yet? Family or friends i mean? x

Hi ladies, I am 8 weeks today and frankly, going through hell.

I definitely did not feel this bad with DD, I don't even know how I am going to make it through the week, it's only Tuesday and I feel wiped out. sad. I hope it changes soon and the nausea dies down and I get some energy back.

Supercalafraga Tue 20-Aug-13 11:14:56

Sorry you feel so rubbish Golden.

Symptoms also much milder for me today... but I am only 4+2! Guess I should appreciate it while it lasts smile

BeetleBeetle Tue 20-Aug-13 11:22:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Trinpy Tue 20-Aug-13 11:23:48

hi everyone.

I'm 7 weeks today and feeling awful.

So far we've told my parents, my best friend and dh's best friend. My brother is coming to visit at the weekend, so I'm planning on telling him too. Everyone else will have to wait another 3 weeks until I have my scan.

My symptoms also disappeared last week but are now back and have brought friends confused .

BeetleBeetle Tue 20-Aug-13 11:24:05

dirtyface Tue 20-Aug-13 11:41:59

helloo all wow that last thread filled up quick

golden awww hope you feel better soon

i have told about 6 a couple of my friends blush dh does not know that though as we are meant to be keeping it quiet

am stressing today as did another CB digital and its still putting me at 2 - 3 weeks post conception when i reckon it should be 3 + ....i think from my dates i am 5 weeks today sad

and my symptoms keep going on and off. and also my doctor has told me i can't have an early scan (despite me being told by the EPU when i MC'd that i would get one if i got pg again) so i am having to book a private scan but the 2 places i have found near me that do it, one is not answering and the other one i can't speak to the person who deals with private scans til after one :/

as i mc'd last time am paranoid

i just want this baby so, so badly sad

Thanks ladies, it's nice to have people to moan to who 'get it'.

Beetle I have tried peppermint tea which does help with the bloating but I hate the taste (love the smell) so it's hard work forcing it down.

I may send DH out for fresh ginger tonight and give it a go, willing to try anything at the moent, ginger biscuits were shit, they just gave me more acidic heartburn.

I thought I had it sussed with how to avoid morning sickness as I noticed if I brushed my teeth too early I would heave soon after and start it off, the pregnancy Gods must have wanted to teach me a lesson because this morning as soon as my feet hit the nedroom floor I felt like my stomach was trying to escape via my throat sad.

DH has been really good and letting me crash out as soon as I get home, but I feel so bad for DD, she must think mummy has been replaced by a belligerant zombie.

Food wise I go off things at the drop of a hat, could really really want something then half way through cooking it decide it is devils spawn and run away heaving.

greentshirt Tue 20-Aug-13 11:57:14

Oooh hi girls!

Someone made a great suggestion on the other thread but it didn't catch on, can we put at the end of each post how far along we are? It makes things much easier to follow!!

I'm 6+2 today, having scan tomorrow to check everything ok. I'm honestly not sure I would cope waiting until 12 weeks, I'd be insane!!

No history of anything going wrong in my family and this is my first pregnancy. Trying to be zen about things, advice I have been given which I am hanging on to is that thereis nothing I can do here apart from the right thing, if something is going to go wrong it will, I have to relinquish control (hard to do when you are a not so secret psycho!! Lol )

Supercalafraga Tue 20-Aug-13 12:05:18

Beetle the bloating is ridiculous isn't it! My DH has been wetting himself laughing at how swollen my tummy looks. It feels like I have swallowed a balloon. Trying to eat as many high fibre foods as possible! Will be trying the peppermint tea Golden although I would prefer a large cappuccino.

Have only told my DM, but pretty sure my friends are going to cotton on soon.

Also so nervous it could all disappear... thinking about going for a private scan, but will see once I am a bit further along.

runninggirl85 Tue 20-Aug-13 12:09:22

I'm nervous it will all disappear too. Its scary reading MC stories.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

I have told my mum..and best friend but thats it

bunnygoesbang Tue 20-Aug-13 12:14:22

Found you.

No more bleeding for me and I still feel like crap and lots of being sick so I'm staying positive.

If another person suggests ginger to me like they are the only person with this secret I may slap them. I hate ginger and do not think anything can hold back the tide when you are very sick maybe if you are just battling with a little nausea lol

Midwife tomorrow and I'm going to beg for another scan

Vikkijayne2507 Tue 20-Aug-13 13:04:22

found the thread. ive now got a staple morning diet of freshly squeezed orange and crackers anything else makes ne feel ill until lunchtime when all I want is pasta

boldlittlebird Tue 20-Aug-13 13:36:09

7 weeks today - for the last week had minimal nausea, no diarrhoea, no constipation, no bloating, no food cravings or aversions, haven't gained a pound (in fact, lost 1). Scan tomorrow, hope to f* there's something in there! Just don't feel pregnant!

TBH expecting nothing. Nerves are ramping up!!

On the upside I had a headache all yesterday, have developed an impressive array of spots, and the brown discharge has stopped. smile Funny how those are all positives nowadays smile

Fairypants Tue 20-Aug-13 13:37:17

What I nice new empty thread, waiting to be filled with the musings of mad ladies (assuming your brains are working as well as mine!)
DH is finding my blonde moments hilarious at the moment-I'm not sure my boss is going to be so impressed at my complete lack of productivity though.
Golden - I struggle with normal peppermint tea too but have discovered pukka do a 3 mint tea which is much nicer as it has spearmint too which makes it sweeter and takes away the bitter aftertaste.
Sickness hit last night with impeccable timing. Dd2 has a tummy bug and its dd1's 15th birthday today. Although my sense of smell has gone crazy, this doesn't apply to sick smell so at least I can clear up after dd2.hmm
We have told our family and a couple of friends as I figure it would be better for these people to know if the worst did happen.
Currently 6+1, I won't be booking in with the midwife til sept 30th.

prettyinpink90 Tue 20-Aug-13 13:42:07

boobs I agree about forgetting I'm pregnant somedays. I only have some of the milder symptoms so feel quite lucky.
golden sorry to hear your feeling pretty awful, hope you start to feel better soon!
bunny glad to hear the bleeding has stopped, hopefully your midwife will be able to get you booked in for a scan so you have a little reassurance.

BartBaby Tue 20-Aug-13 14:30:28

I wish I could forget about it. The nausea just doesn't go away not at all it's always there. Sometimes just more manageable than others. The mornings are really getting me down. As soon as I wake up its there. It's been like this for a week and a half now, and the actually being sick started a couple of days ago. I'm thinking I might have to give the tablets a go that the doc prescribed. I didn't really want to but don't know how much more I can take of feeling this shit all day long. I actually dread going to bed as I know how bad I'm going to feel when I wake up. I'm at the midwife in an hour so will see what she says. Luckily ds is at my aunt's today but it must be awful for him seeing me so ill on a morning. Sorry for the moan sad

Bart you have my deepest sympathies, I feel the exact same about the constant nausea. Even when I am sick it doesn't relieve it!

BeetleBeetle Tue 20-Aug-13 15:05:00

KittyKK Tue 20-Aug-13 15:18:35

Boobs - thanks for starting a new thread. Nearly new page 1 makes it much easier to catch up on the day's gossip smile

My symptoms are all about sore boobs at the moment....and trying to conceal them DH lol. He seems to think that they're an early Christmas present ;)

Beetle - my tummy is super bloated, too! And I'm a tallish size 8/10....so doesn't make sense for it to be fat already, as only 5w+5d! I could pass for 3/4 months gone if I slouch....which is hopeless for my "hide pregnancy from work till December" plan....

Bold - all the best for tomorrow's scan. Please report back if you see anything. My first scan is Thursday....worry worry!

Sending virtual cakes to all of the ladies with nausea/sickness cake cake cake cake

KittyKK Tue 20-Aug-13 15:23:12

.....Super - just noticed that you have bloating too! What will the high fibre do? Sorry if I've missed some previous tip....does it makes the swelling go down?

Dirtyface - I wouldn't stress too much about the CB digi. The HCG blood tests will be much more helpful at providing some tiny comfort. Mine jumped from 590ish to 8100ish in a week. Good luck!

Supercalafraga Tue 20-Aug-13 15:38:10

Hi Kitty,

I am pretty jammed up blush which I think is making my bloating worse... so trying to get everything moving properly again. Now also starting to think it could be water retention too??? My fingers are swelling by the time it gets to afternoon.

What else could be causing the bloating?

Bodeccia Tue 20-Aug-13 15:40:41

Found you all

flowers to all the ladies suffering from nausea

I am so so tired all the time, I could just sleep for hours. Rather hard with a 15mo

YY to the bloating too, although I never really had much of a flat stomach to begin with, so I don't think there's any real difference blush I can tell tho...

I have my midwife appointment on 12th September, and early scan on 3rd September. I can't wait for the scan, I just want to see that everything is OK

KittyKK Tue 20-Aug-13 15:42:51

Super - Oh I think that might be my problem too! Had upset tummy for last couple of weeks, then no "movement" for a few days. Doh. Will go get my All Bran wink

.....and on a silly note I was starting to worry that it might be triplets!

This thread is not accepting new messages.