Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013 - part 6 - will we all fit on this thread?

(87 Posts)
Woodifer Sun 18-Aug-13 23:19:14

Ok here's a new thread. 40+1 today for me. Will officially sulk if this thread is full before DC2 makes an appearance.

Gonnabmummy Fri 06-Sep-13 09:14:59

Went in for monitoring last night didnt end up getting home til 3:30! I was having rhythmic tightenings/little contractions i didnt know about. But his heat rate was decelerating slightly at the peak of them but she said it wasn't enough to worry. She gave me another really good sweep and said not to hesitate to call if movements reduced again or there's more than a teaspoon of blood.
Woke up at half 8 checked pad quite a bit of blood even more when I wiped. going to have breakfast and call them up.

Gerty1002 Wed 04-Sep-13 07:48:17

Sorry you're feeling frustrated gonnabmummy, hope it's not much longer for you.

40+5 today and officially in latent phase after a trip to delivery last night. 2-3cm dilated and had bloody show in the early hours after midwife gave me a sweep while she was down there. Hope I don't still have days to go! Contractions have disappeared though intermittent cervix pain is still excruciating.

Gonnabmummy Wed 04-Sep-13 07:40:48

41 week today
Why won't you leave!
angry
Do you not realise how many people want to meet you

Gonnabmummy Mon 02-Sep-13 09:42:50

40+5 and not a twinge would of loved him to come today it's a special day but obvs nt maybe tonight crosses fingers
went for a rally over the speed bumps down docks last night still nothing!

Gerty1002 Sun 01-Sep-13 09:43:04

I'm still here, still pregnant. 40+2 but feel more like 40+13. Stepdad goes away for work tomorrow so feeling very pressured to pop this baby out today - not at all hopeful.

I think after today, although it will be disappointing for him to miss meeting LO, the pressure will be off a little - until induction is looming ofc.

Gonnabmummy Sun 01-Sep-13 09:21:14

Welcome to September you meant to be August babies!
Who's still waiting?
40+4 but doesn't feel like it, sure ill be here next week..

LilPeasMama Sat 31-Aug-13 13:11:34

Overdue and uncomfortable at 40+5 but a very happy proud mummy now. smile

Gonnabmummy Sat 31-Aug-13 11:33:30

Congrats lilpeas how far were you?

LilPeasMama Sat 31-Aug-13 10:23:55

Baby boy born on 25/8 at 15.08 weighing 7.15oz, since then I have been asking what day it is at least 10 times a day grin

Gonnabmummy Fri 30-Aug-13 23:18:26

Nothing all day, went to loo at 7 and everytime I'm wiping there's blood.
Phoned and they told to keep an eye and if it starts going onto a pad call bk but feeling fine smile

PeanutSmuggler2013 Fri 30-Aug-13 18:02:54

It's a girl! Born 16days overdue on 29th.

After a 3 day induction, and two failed epidurals, our peanut was delivered by emergency csec. Well done you ladies who managed it naturally!

Gonnabmummy Fri 30-Aug-13 16:59:49

40+2 today had a midwife app, she managed to get sweep done on 2nd attempt. She said cervix was soft and stretchy which was good but not to expect anything yet 1cm dilated.
Booked back in on 7th for another if I make it that far

Boosiehs Wed 28-Aug-13 22:58:46

Many many congratulations to the new arrivals!!

Boosiehs Wed 28-Aug-13 22:58:08

41 weeks tomorrow. Not a twinge, turned down the sweep today, kind of hoping bubs arrives on Sunday!

Gonnabmummy Wed 28-Aug-13 21:41:47

You'll have to beat me to it gerty
Due date today not a twinge sweep booked Friday

cakebaby Wed 28-Aug-13 11:47:32

mrslb congratulations, I love his names!

baking yeahhhh! Well done you, any names yet?

Gerty1002 Wed 28-Aug-13 10:59:28

Congratulations bakingabubba! Lovely news smile.

Me next please!

Bakingabubba Tue 27-Aug-13 22:36:33

Hi all

We had a boy!

Our little chap finally arrived on bank holiday Monday at 0048 after induction that started at 2pm on Sunday! It was a roller coaster of a labour (both fast and scary - Alton towers would approve) for several reasons and ended with forceps delivery as he was not in a good position and rather enormous at 9lb 6oz but totally worth every bit of it (including the 13 days past his due date wait) grin

We are both a bit battered and bruised but he is perfect.

Congratulations mrsB on your little chap. Hope he and you are doing well. Good luck everyone still waiting!

Gonnabmummy Tue 27-Aug-13 07:25:09

Congrats lianeB

Due date tomorrow nothing happening here though!
Was on the phone to my nanna last night and found out her wedding anniversary is one week today. My grandfather died 18 years ago I was only 3 she has never been with anyone else. Our LO will have the same name as him, wouldn't it be lovely if he arrived Monday smile fingers crossed

MrsLianeB Tue 27-Aug-13 00:07:43

Henry William arrived at 8.10am bank holiday Monday by forceps delivery little lazy boy ended up being born 40+12 and weighed 8lb 5oz.

Gonnabmummy Sun 25-Aug-13 13:36:09

Congrats purple ! grin see you on postnatal thread when I make it there

39+4 today sweep booked on Friday not sure it'll do much not had a single twinge. Really don't want him to arrive on the sat anyhow so of it does anything hopefully it's slow!

PurpleDana Sat 24-Aug-13 20:13:22

Hi ladies!
Well the sweep worked, baby Poppy Mae born yesterday morning at 10.18am weighing 7lbs 11oz.
Natural birth, just a little gas & air for last hour or so of contractions, midwife wouldn't let me have it while pushing!
Didnt get water birth in end cos by the time they admitted me midwife told my hubby i was too exhausted to go in pool.
Good luck to the rest of u!

Bakingabubba Sat 24-Aug-13 13:50:25

Thanks cakebaby smile am feeling better than earlier after a good cry and some chocolate biscuits

mrsB and peanut we clearly all have babies who want to be born on the bank holiday! 25th is same date (though not month) of my birthday so that would be easy to remember at least (for DH who is useless at dates!) My induction is 2pm tomorrow so may be baby on 26th for me however. We'll see...

I am doing all the washing too (and praying it doesn't rain!). It is quite a strange thought knowing that today is the last day DH and I will be at home together without LO!

Hugs to all x smile

PeanutSmuggler2013 Sat 24-Aug-13 12:21:34

Nope, second sweep didn't work for me either Baking and MrsB! Had an hour of strong BH this morning but nowt else, so now concentrating on enjoying our last night of 'freedom' before induction tomorrow.

25th August sounds like a Good Day To Give Birth for us - am sure it'll be swift and wonderful for us grin...

Xx

MrsLianeB Sat 24-Aug-13 11:46:32

Baking we are inducing buddies! No signs of anything after my 3rd sweep yesterday got to be at the hospital for 9.30 so hoping they can get me started and not have me waiting round or even worse send me home! I will be ultra sad if so!

I am getting proper excited as the day goes on can't wait to meet my little one got a big list of what needs doing today. DH going for a haircut and shave (for the piccies!) and I'm getting all the washing done so there shouldn't be a big pile for when we get home!
Good Luck to the rest of you and I will update once little one arrives xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now