Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due August 2013 - part 6 - will we all fit on this thread?

(87 Posts)
Woodifer Sun 18-Aug-13 23:19:14

Ok here's a new thread. 40+1 today for me. Will officially sulk if this thread is full before DC2 makes an appearance.

Bakingabubba Tue 20-Aug-13 10:25:02

Thanks gonna

Gerty1002 Tue 20-Aug-13 10:57:34

A question for you ladies - baby is so low now that his movements feel like they're going to break my pelvis! I also think he keeps hitting a nerve cos my hip has given way beneath me a few times. My hips are really sore through the night, too. Is it worth self-referring to physio at this point (38+4) or is it just a case of waiting it out til baby comes?

PurpleDana Tue 20-Aug-13 12:16:08

gerty personally I wouldn't bother self referring to physio at this point unless its really debilitating. Maybe chat to midwife to see if she has any advice or can suggest excercises to help? Sitting on birthing ball can help during day, it kinda works like water - supporting you & taking pressure off your pelvis & hips. Google birthing ball exercises

JollyHappyGiant Tue 20-Aug-13 22:18:53

Argh, baby is coming on Thursday and we no longer have a boy's name we agree on!

Gerty1002 Tue 20-Aug-13 22:59:47

Thanks PurpleDana, midwife coming tomorrow so will chat to her about it. Managed to have an hour of uninterrupted nap this morning after taking some paracetamol, but don't want to have to rely on that to be able to sleep!

Hi, 41 weeks today, I think I was on this antenatal thread at the very beginning but I just never really had much time to keep up (til now) sorry. Lying here like a beached whale feeling sorry for myself, everything is stretched out, sore and twingy. I thought things were happening last night but now they aren't.

Anyone else past 41 weeks and getting seriously grumpy?

Bakingabubba Wed 21-Aug-13 09:36:14

Hi james yep I'm 41+1 with no signs of anything much except a bit of a show after a not very proper sweep on Monday (not sure if that even counts as a show TBH). Getting fed up of everyone texting now and would really like to meet my baby (who is currently practising their best moves on my belly - save it for the school disco kid!)

Gerty1002 Wed 21-Aug-13 10:48:59

I'm not even 39 weeks yet and I'm seriously grumpy haha. I found out I was pregnant almost immediately after conception (if dates are to be believed, which I'm sceptical about) so feel like I've been pregnant forever. Having twinges for 1.5 weeks and severe lack of sleep doesn't help smile.

Bakingabubba Wed 21-Aug-13 10:57:43

Today I feel like I might actually be pregnant FOREVER. sad

MrsLianeB Wed 21-Aug-13 12:55:36

James I describe myself as more of an upside down beetle when lying in bed I have to swing my legs out then kind of push my top half up then sit on the edge for 2 mins to catch my breath before moving!
41 today too and having grumpy days followed by at least I only have another week left at the most!

Baking after trying for 8 years and having 4 mc in 4 years I really do feel like I've been preggo forever! OH wants to start trying again straight away as in his words 'we've cracked it now!' I've told him no way we'll be giving ourselves at least a year before trying for the next one I want to really enjoy our special pfb!

BrieMonster Wed 21-Aug-13 16:09:18

Hiya james! Hope it happens soon! And everyone else who's fed up as well. X

Hi Brie! grin how are you?

Yes to the upside down beetle effect, I'm the same with spd etc. getting out of bed for a wee in the night takes ages, and it takes a while to walk normally, I properly stagger to the loo! It really hurts having a full bladder now. I won't miss this bit (but might miss stroking the bump) Last baby here smile

Snufflebabe Wed 21-Aug-13 18:53:13

Just a quick message to say I had a baby girl on Tuesday morning! Woke up at 0130 feelings bit off, then contractions kicked in around 3 mins apart. Called inlaws to come your house as DD1 sleeping and got to hospital at 3am. Contractions intensified so I was glad to have gas and air. Was already 4cm by the time I got to hospital. Spent time in the hiring pool but spent last hour/2 hours on the bed in various positions.

DD2 born at 0655. No tears after a previous third degree tear so I was thrilled.

Got home at tea time yesterday.

Good luck to all those waiting. I had an induction booked for Thursday at 41+0 and baby wasn't engaged until I went into labour do I really didn't think I was going to go by myself.

cakebaby Wed 21-Aug-13 20:10:16

snuffle what a lovely birth story, congratulations! I also have induction booked 1 week over due, baby not engaged, eeeekkkkk any tips?

PurpleDana Wed 21-Aug-13 21:03:18

Congrats snuffle!
Midwife & sweep tomoro... Fx

Woodifer Wed 21-Aug-13 21:17:29

Ooh dana I've got sweep tomorrow too...

PurpleDana Wed 21-Aug-13 22:49:10

It's gotta happen for one of us then woodifer! Good luck x

MrsLianeB Thu 22-Aug-13 07:40:52

Congrats snuffle flowers
41+1 today had another sweep yesterday had lots of lightening straight after and was uncomfortable all evening but no contractions so pretty sureim looking at induction over the weekend sad just hope the gel works so I can have the water birth I want.
MW suggested if I get the option to go in in the evening rather than morning so Oh can come home and I can sleep before anything exciting starts. Anyone been induced before do you think this is for the best?

Bakingabubba Thu 22-Aug-13 08:19:10

mrsB I am in a very similar situation to you with induction booked for over weekend. Hoping to have second sweep today just need to speak to MW this AM. Would also be very keen to hear anyone's experiences of induction. Sending you hugs mrs B - this sucks a bit doesn't it?

41+2

Gerty1002 Thu 22-Aug-13 08:29:49

Got midwife home visit today - anyone know if she'll check my cervix if I ask her to? Just want to know if all these niggles are doing anything!

Boosiehs Thu 22-Aug-13 08:58:22

Well. Due date today. Can't believe I've managed to keep this baby inside for 40 weeks! Crazy thing, nature.

Anyway. Off to the hosp this morning to be monitored for suspected pre-eclampsia. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing. Fx.

Good luck to you all having sweeps today. Lets get those babies out!!

Gonnabmummy Thu 22-Aug-13 09:22:31

Not sure gerty I doubt it, mine won't do a think til your due date :/

Good luck purple let me know how it goes got my first sweep booked a week tomorrow when I'll be 40+2. Got it into my head if baby's stil not here by then he can wait to the Sunday as it'll be sept then. Don't know why I want that so much but oh well he'll come when he comes.
As long as its not the 31st long story
Hope everyone's hanging in there x

PurpleDana Thu 22-Aug-13 11:45:31

Sweep was very successful. Midwife found cervix very easily, everything is very low, she could easily insert one finger & could feel baby's head :-) She did a thorough sweep using part of 2nd finger too & said cervix seems very favourable. So fx things will start to happen!
I hope so cos she booked induction for next Friday evening, I really don't think I could wait that long! I will be 40+13 then! I thought I would feel relieved & as if the end is in sight coming home with an induction date, but next Friday seems soooo far away!!

Bakingabubba Thu 22-Aug-13 15:33:45

Don't worry purple with that sweep it sounds like you will be busy cuddling your baby by next Friday! smile Fingers crossed. Mine was less satisfactory but some progress from the other day...trying to think positive but I think I'll be keeping my appointment with the induction team for the weekend somehow...hmm

Gerty1002 Thu 22-Aug-13 15:47:58

Good luck ladies I hope you both manage to avoid induction!

No exciting news from my midwife appointment this morning, she said they won't do internal until 40+10 so guess I just have to wait it out. She told me to carry on with normal daily life... not so easy when walking has suddenly become excruciating but never mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now