Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013 - insert witty, worn out, nearing the end thread name here

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 08:11:34

New thread smile

Umlauf Sun 25-Aug-13 09:49:23

I have the film of what to expect... Does that count?!!!

Quick one, but please tell me I'm not the only one with leaky nipples? I have two tiny wet patches on my nightie (urgh!) and last night in bed felt some damp and there was a little puddle on my elbow from where a little stream had formed! Sorry for tmi!!

Pinkforboys Sun 25-Aug-13 09:58:51

orange/soup I'd forgotten about the carpal tunnel. I had that badly with DS- it's not full cts but a temporary side-effect of pg. My wrist got really week and hand got numb, made worse by the relaxin from pg/bf, pushing a buggy around and knitting. I wore a wrist splint which helped, and it did eventually recover.

Have a great party textbook, I've got the pleasure of DS's 6th in 3 weeks when i'll be 35w. Thankfully we;re sharing it with one of his friends so we can have a Science entertainer, sit back and relax (dream on!) Hope it goes well x

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 10:57:50

Yes umlauf I was watching tv lying on my side last night, huge wet patch inn the side I was lying. Went to bed with soft bra on and pads an nowt this morning. Very intermittent!

33 weeks today horay!

monkeytree Sun 25-Aug-13 11:11:52

Natalie & Falcon I can relate to your thoughts about 2nd dc coming along. My dd is 7 years old and has 7 years of being an only child. DD2 is going to represent a massive change to our family dynamics and I am most worried about how dd1 will react. I'm trying to keep dd1 as involved as possible. Also bought dd1 some small gifts for when the baby is born so that all the fuss and attention isn't about dd2.

ananikifo Sun 25-Aug-13 11:30:38

nat I hope it's nothing and you're ok.

We're spending the weekend at our new house, wrestling with flat pack furniture and unpacking. It's starting to look nice but it doesn't take much to make my back and hips ache. Last night I thought I was going to cry from tiredness and aches and had an amazing, soothing bath. Now I'm sad that the new house has no bath tub (shower only). I also found myself thinking a water birth would really be amazing but I don't see how I could do that, practically, in a home birth in my house.

Oh well, the exercise ball has been a godsend as well. When I have to sit on the floor to do things I realised that this thing makes it much more comfortable for my back. I sit on the non-spiky side. It's fun when you move and find things you forgot you owned!

MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 11:34:31

Calling Clapham - I'm wavering about Conrad. Help me snap out of it?

Tarlia Sun 25-Aug-13 12:06:19

I like Conrad - why are you wavering? Though I've a feeling it's this stage, I'm wavering too. Last time DS was nameless for 5 weeks, then we named him and I didn't think I liked it after all as it didn't suit him. Now of course it does and he couldn't be anything else.

ana it's a bummer with no bath, we don't have one either sad You can hire (or buy) birthing pools for home births.

Nat hope there has been no more blood.

I'm getting the odd small crusty patch on pjs too, but no puddles. Also have a flicked through, bought in 2010, 'what to expect when you are expecting' and the first year one.

PseudoBadger Sun 25-Aug-13 12:07:34

We've had our name decided since before DS was born (if he was a girl) - even I'm wavering grin

Iheartcrunchiebars Sun 25-Aug-13 12:10:50

We're changing every week. How an earth o people find naming so easy???

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 12:12:16

iheart easy here, its the only name we agree on!

Umlauf Sun 25-Aug-13 13:13:52

Oh hayle sorry you're afflicted too, although also glad I'm not the only one!

I have booked our flights home to the UK for Christmas and had to write the baby's name for his ticket! There is a fee to change details so I have a financial incentive NOT to waver on the name! So baby Albert, DH and I are spending 3 weeks in England this xmas smile

The major stress now is getting him a passport in time. Can anyone else advise with this - the passport website seems to suggest if DH and I were born after 1983 (we were) we need to provide GRANDPARENTS birth certificates?? Seems ridic...

Natalieand Sun 25-Aug-13 14:54:29

Thanks for thinking of me, no more blood as of yet so that's good. I think movements r reduced but I've been in town shopping all morning getting dd's ears pierced so could easily have gone un noticed but on way home now so hoping too chill out and try and feel a few movements and go from there I think. X

Natalieand Sun 25-Aug-13 14:59:09

We're no closer to choosing a name either,
We like theo, dexter and Harrison ATM but not sure which we prefer or if it will even end up being any of them 3, dd says he's going to be called theo but I'm trying not to let what she says influence our choice or I might regret it.

unlauf I don't recall needing grand parents birth certificates but then again I think I may have had to supply their passport numbers which is equivilant I think x

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 17:17:54

Gah i was coming back on in the hope that I could be the last poster of this thread! Nay mind...!

Glad you've not had anymore bleeding nat. Maybe time for a lie down with a cold sugary drink to get him moving. Ps love dexter although not brave enough to use it myself. But I equally like your other two names.

I'm finding myself incredible thirsty all the time... Ok not sure whether to ask midwife bout GT? No other symptoms particularly?

Soupqueen Sun 25-Aug-13 18:10:05

I would mention it to the midwife, but it's probably ok. We have 40% more blood circulating, plus hauling around extra weight so extra thirst is normal. No harm in mentioning it though!

Not long back from co-op where I caught my foot on a bit of sticky tape on the floor and went flying down the aisle. I think the poor guy stacking the shelves beside me got almost as big a fright as me. I landed on my side so bump is ok but it did wake her up a bit.

MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 18:36:07

Do we need another thread? Hang on...

MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 18:41:31
MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 18:44:01

Oh dear MoN. Are you alright apart from bruised pride?

Shirehobbit Sun 25-Aug-13 18:45:48

Ouch and oops, MoN - all ok?

Just inhaled a mahoosive bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes - they were amazing blush

Soupqueen Sun 25-Aug-13 18:47:13

I spotted an advert for crunchy nut cornflakes with chocolate! Sounds like pudding rather than breakfast - not sure if I dare buy them!

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 18:49:06

I'm goin to finish this one!

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 18:49:52

Yes

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 18:50:07

I

Haylebop12 Sun 25-Aug-13 18:50:26

Am. Horay!

This thread is not accepting new messages.