Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - insert witty, worn out, nearing the end thread name here

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 08:11:34

New thread smile

Oh my gosh, there is a thread in active 'have you ever had a party and no one came' - it is making my cry...

ComtesseDeFrouFrou Fri 16-Aug-13 09:07:59

Checking in... Love the title, that's exactly how I feel. Can't even be arsed to put a brave face on the tiredness [weak smile icon]

Another NCT class last night, this one on BF. It was really useful.

Hiya ladies! Hope u are all doing well, havent had a chance to carch up on threads yet as ive just come out of hospital having had a liitle girl by emergency ceserean last wed. 7 weeks early due to severe eclamptic attack which developed into HELLP syndrome. Very scary but so chuffed we had a little girl! Shes called Josie and she weighed 3lb 9. Shes in neonatal unit doing very well with no help breathing. Feeding her expressed milk via a tube.

roofio87 Fri 16-Aug-13 09:09:39

morning! checking in! 33 weeks today and starting to get impatient!! lolgrin

roofio87 Fri 16-Aug-13 09:12:05

ahh pinklady massive congratulations! ! so pleased to hear little Josie is doing well. tht must have been very scary, but am so pleased for you!!
our first baby!!!!!!grin
sending you all lovethanks

claphammama Fri 16-Aug-13 09:13:21

Omg - new thread. Getting ready for this wedding so no time to catch up but checking in!

flyer heels packed. I'm going to unleash my inner Kim Kardashian. I won't disappoint you!

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 09:13:49

Oh my goodness 34Pink!!! Congratulations, but I'm sorry it was in such circumstances. Welcome Josie - our first baby!!

Natalieand Fri 16-Aug-13 09:16:24

Wow 34pink amazing news that she's doing so well and breathing un-aided. Congratulations to mummy and daddy. Here's hoping for a short stay in the nicu with no complications xx

1stTimer25 Fri 16-Aug-13 09:16:43

Congratulations 34pink! Glad both you and Josie are doing well!

claphammama Fri 16-Aug-13 09:17:05

What what what??? pinklady congratulations!!! Our first baby grin Glad she is doing well and what a lovely name. It's so exciting! Hope she can go home with you soon and can't wait for the photos. omg - it's so amazing!

textbook Fri 16-Aug-13 09:18:31

34Pink congratulations! Sounds terrifying but so glad Josie is doing well thanks First "October" baby! I hope you can bring her home soon x

roxvox Fri 16-Aug-13 09:20:25

Congratulations 34pink, that's amazing! Like the others have said, fingers crossed for a short stay in NICU, and it sounds as though little Josie is doing well already! I love the name as well by the way! Congratulations Mummy and Daddy xx

Haylebop12 Fri 16-Aug-13 09:21:25

Pinellas congratulations. Welcome to the world Josie. Hoping for a short hospital stay for her :-)

Haylebop12 Fri 16-Aug-13 09:21:48

pinklady auto correct FAIL!

Wow wow, 1st baby, massive congratulations pinklady. Hope you are both doing well flowers xxx

Shirehobbit Fri 16-Aug-13 09:27:07

Oh wow! Congratulations Pinklady and MrPink and Josie flowers
I hope you are recovering well and fingers crossed you'll all be home soon.
Amazing grin

HotSoupDumpling Fri 16-Aug-13 09:30:50

Oh Em Gee!!! Congratulations Pinklady on the very first baby! Hope Josie doesn't have to stay in NICU for long. There must have been a few hairy moments but so so glad she and you are well.

Sparkeleigh Fri 16-Aug-13 09:34:11

Congratulations pinklady! That must have been so scary but how wonderful she's breathing on her own! Josie is a lovely name!

legallyblond Fri 16-Aug-13 09:34:57

Wow!!!!!! Our first baby!!! Pinklady - how scary, but how wonderful!!!! Welcome Josie! 3lb 9oz is a great weight and fab that she is breathing unaided and that you are managing to give her expressed milk! Huge well done on that front. I am so happy that you are all ok, and I hope she comes home soon x

legallyblond Fri 16-Aug-13 09:38:17

Oh, and so glad they caught the severity of the pre eclampsia. We really are lucky to live in the first world.....

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 09:41:13

Yes well done on the expressing, I found that very very tough when I was unwell after my emcs and DS was in NICU - you are doing so well xx

Flyer747 Fri 16-Aug-13 09:42:01

Oh wow congrats pinklady fantastic news and so pleased little Josie is doing well...I actually thought about 2 days ago I'd not seen you on here for a while. As everyone else has said so glad they caught it and could act on it and everyone is well...thanksthanksthanksthanks First October baby yay x

Woop woop a baby! Yay! So sorry it was in stressful circumstances pink lady but absolutely thrilled for you. Well done little Josie on the breathing and feeding. I hope you get to bring her home with you very soon.

It all seems a bit real now doesn't it!

cazboldy Fri 16-Aug-13 09:50:50

Huge Congrats Pinklady flowers hope she is home soon, thats quite a good weight isn't it?

Must have been very scary!

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 09:54:33

Well after all the new baby excitement it has promoted me to get my arse in gear, especially considering I'm at reasonable risk of similar circumstances.
So I'm going to wake up properly, drag DS to Brent Cross and maybe even the big shiny Mothercare at Edmonton and buy a few things for my bag.

This thread is not accepting new messages.