Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - insert witty, worn out, nearing the end thread name here

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 08:11:34

New thread smile

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 08:13:12
BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 16-Aug-13 08:14:41

Ooooh, a brand new thread - thanks pseudo.

Any idea what number we are up to?

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 08:17:09

Well the last thread lasted just over 10 days which is about average I think <googles 34 weeks in days>
I'm guessing 23 or 24?

Natalieand Fri 16-Aug-13 08:20:22

Surely we haven't had 24 threads? If I had to guesstimate I would say 15? But I've stalked a few threads for other birth months and we seem to go through about 5 pages in the time it takes one person to post one message on the other monthly threads lol

HotSoupDumpling Fri 16-Aug-13 08:21:12

I'm here!

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 08:22:22

I think the furthest along person on here is 34 weeks, am I right? So that is approx 240 days, if we go through a thread in 10 days and allowing for slow threads at the beginning and a delay in starting it could easily be 20-24.

HotSoupDumpling Fri 16-Aug-13 08:25:28

You beat me to it Nat!

I reckon around 24 too...

Umlauf Fri 16-Aug-13 08:26:26

Checking in! I can't keep up... confused

1stTimer25 Fri 16-Aug-13 08:28:28

Checking in! That last thread finished quickly!

Checking in - so we have at least 6 or 7 more threads until all of the babies arrive?

This time next week it will be my last day of work woo hoo! DP told me last night that one of the groups my childminder takes DS to is having a leaving party for him on Wednesday which resulted in me being in floods of tears for an hour as he is going to miss all of his little friends. God, I'm bloody welling up now!

Anyone else feeling very breathless at the moment - the humidity is doing me in.

Flyer747 Fri 16-Aug-13 08:30:37

Checking in, blimin eck only been asleep a few hours and the last thread is finito.

Flyer747 Fri 16-Aug-13 08:33:30

Terribly breathless bowl I feel like an old woman.

cazboldy Fri 16-Aug-13 08:33:41

checking in too smile

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 08:34:19

Breathless here too

1stTimer25 Fri 16-Aug-13 08:36:23

bowl I've been feeling breathless recently too, some days are worse than others! I haven't been checked out though so can't offer any advice or solutions I'm afraid! Possibly just lack of room for our lungs now as our babies get nice and plump for arrival?!?!

We all in the same boat then. I'm really pleased I decided to finish work earlier this time, as really starting to feel heavily pregnant now at 34 weeks - breathless, knackered, legs ache if I am on my feet for more than an hour, back aches if i sit for too long, bump aches whenever I stand up - moan moan moan lol.

Any nice plans for the weekend? I have pain in the arse SIL, BIL and nephew staying - first time they have graced us with a visit for 3 years! Can't wait hmm

Kelly1814 Fri 16-Aug-13 08:46:39

Hello all!

Utterly fed up now, I live overseas so no maternity care like uk.

Working like a dog, albeit trying to do half days ( which am using vacation time for). Unfortunately no one is respecting this, clients, team etc, and am far, far too stressed by it all. And I'd might have another 5 weeks of this as scheduled to work up until 37 weeks, joy!

On the plus side, at 32 weeks, am so happy to get this far, there was a time with the cerclage I have when never thought would get this far.

And have next 4d scan on Sunday so will see the wriggler again which is always a treat smile

roxvox Fri 16-Aug-13 08:49:41

Thanks for the new thread pseudo!

Looking forward to having the next 2 weeks off work, but it does mean that I have got loads to do today! Plus when I get back I only have 4 days until I start maternity leave... It's all starting to seem quite real now!

Yes to having breathless days. I used to occasionally suffer from exercise or crying induced asthma that seems to have cleared up, but my breathing now reminds me of that. I do think that it is just that there is less room for my lungs to expand nowadays!

Haylebop12 Fri 16-Aug-13 08:50:19

That was a speedy finish!

Morning ladies, wow, better nights sleep here too. Feeling positively human.

Midwife at 10am. Hoping to hear he's head down, possibly engaged and to sort whooping cough jab.

Also handing in our house application later today, if I can find my passport. Have stressed to them already we need to know asap as our tenancy renewal landed on the doorstep on Tuesdays and we need to get it signed asap if we're staying put!

Haylebop12 Fri 16-Aug-13 08:51:16

Anyone else starting to waddle slightly? I am, with the pressure down there there's no other way!

Shirehobbit Fri 16-Aug-13 08:53:00

Sounds fun, Bowl - not. Here, have some cake.
(Loving that new icon!)

It's wedding day here, third one while pregnant with one more to go (at 35 weeks - eek).

On Saturday, I might pop over to a hen do I declined to go to because of this wedding and their main activity being Go Ape tomorrow, but it would be nice to maybe say hello in the afternoon, before they all get very merry.

Then Sunday is in-law day (with the difficult FiL) so a busy old weekend ahead.

Just cross fingers my crying phase is over, or things could get interesting!

HotSoupDumpling Fri 16-Aug-13 08:54:42

kelly, I know what you mean, I feel v grateful to have got this far. Hopefully this chicken will keep roasting for a while longer.

I'm also breathless and waddling. Btw, whoever recommended John Lewis Bravado bras way back... Thank you thank you thank you. So comfortable, and I can justify them because they are so stretchy and will grow with me.

roxvox Fri 16-Aug-13 08:55:48

I have just had a quick count and we are on thread 14 or 15. I would like to be more specific, but lost count towards the end and couldn't be bothered to back track and work out if I had counted the previous thread or not...!

ananikifo Fri 16-Aug-13 09:02:38

I have today off. I can't figure out how to watch the stupid talk talk tv so I may just do laundry and then run errands like I should be doing anyway. MW appt at 12:15 so that's a bit exciting.

We're moving our stuff into the new house this weekend. It's exciting but also really stressful. I hate moving very, very much and without a clearly defined job for me to do I'm not looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a good day and remembers their pelvic floor exercises. (I'm trying to temind myself constantly because I'm terrible at remembering to do them, so I thought I'd remind you too!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.