Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 (thread 8) Half way there just about! Finding out pink or blue

(1000 Posts)
BuntCadger Tue 13-Aug-13 11:13:23

New thread for us, can't believe another one filled! Half way there girls smile on the homeward stretch smile xx

Penny31 Wed 14-Aug-13 09:50:02

Hi everyone,

Just reading the strange dreams and had to tell you the one I had last night! I gave birth to a huge baby with lots of hair and he was Chinese. Very cute, but me and my partner are both British. He was born very early and had to spend 12 months in hospital and they wouldn't let me take a picture of him. I woke up crying hysterically.

I found myself having a nose on the November thread yesterday and a lady on there had given birth to her baby boy at 27 weeks! I think my dream was somehow linked to that....

My heartburn is still really bad, I'm waking up in agony every 2 hours. The doctor gave me a bottle of something on Monday and its almost gone already and isn't workin at all. sad

Good luck for all the upcoming scans!

Mythreeknights Wed 14-Aug-13 09:55:36

Penny: wierd, I'd just found this article: www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2391879/Our-little-miracle-Baby-born-just-23-weeks-given-just-1-chance-survival-defies-doctors-expectations-live.html
Fingers crossed we keep ours inside until at least 30 weeks!

Penny31 Wed 14-Aug-13 10:12:23

Oh wow, little miracle!

TobyLerone Wed 14-Aug-13 10:18:48

I had rotten heartburn this morning. Someone on twitter said she swears by Love Hearts to ease heartburn! Gotta be worth a try, right? Far more delicious than Gaviscon grin

MrsGSR Wed 14-Aug-13 10:35:22

Love hearts?! I've been getting heartburn really bad when I lie down to sleep, have been using rennies but I'm not keen on the taste! Will have to try love hearts.

I've been having some strange dreams, mostly involving my mum, which is nice as I miss her a lot.

Penny31 Wed 14-Aug-13 11:29:26

I have been sucking love hearts. They may work temporarily. So far everything I have tried gives me relief for an hour and then the heartburn comes back! It smacking me really grumpy. Boooooo

Frizz1986 Wed 14-Aug-13 11:34:25

No heartburn here yet but had a horrific night sleep due to hip and thigh pain.
Woke up every hour to turn over in bed and my hips and thighs ache so much. Midwife gave me number of a physio at 16 week app so i could call to see what they offer (not sure if I would get referred or have to pay). Haven't phoned yet as wanted to wait until 20 week scan (a week fri) to make sure all is ok before wasting people's time.
Feel rather yuk today and had some cramps over night. Not for long so assume they are just stretching but am beyond worried about the scan. Just want it to be here. (even tho I know that there will be something else to worry about after that)

No weird dreams either, am feeling like I am not getting the full hilarious pg experience.

Looking proper fat at the mo although really it does look like a pg bump but think I look too big. Hoping that is a good sign for the scan as I shouldn't be growing this rapidly if bubs wasn't growing inside.
Really should be working but just wanted a quick catch up.

Good luck for any scans or results.

Doctorbrownbear Wed 14-Aug-13 15:02:32

Got my 20 week scan tomorrow... I am very excited (and nervous) I definatley want to find out the gender. It looks like there are alot of boys on the thread so far. I don't mind what I have, already have a DD, just want to know either way!

Doctorbrownbear Wed 14-Aug-13 15:05:21

Oh and I have evil heartburn too, a banana can cause some temporary relief as well as gallons of stuff from the doctors and rennies. Must try love hearts!

Mythreeknights Wed 14-Aug-13 15:07:02

It's wierd; this pg so far I've had no heartburn and no hip pain - things that plagued both my previous ones. Feeling lucky considering what you are all going through and delighted that last night I had a sex dream FINALLY about my husband (as opposed to random tradesmen). Whoppee :-)

Doctorbrownbear Wed 14-Aug-13 15:09:00

oh... and I have been having dreams... dreamt last night that I got drunk at my work party and was about to have sex with my friends son (he is 23 it's OK!) He realised I was pregnant and didn't want to know!

TobyLerone Wed 14-Aug-13 16:04:53

Finally got my scan date! It's next Weds 21st. Yay grin

Mythreeknights Wed 14-Aug-13 16:05:52

Ha! doctor someone else having sex dreams, brilliant! wink

MrsVDB Wed 14-Aug-13 16:34:14

Woo toby what a relief!

Yorkiedodah Wed 14-Aug-13 17:05:07

toby good news!

Thanks everyone for your support. Went to my GP today as got a call from mw who had rearranged it. Waited 30 mins past appt time but got to hear babys heartbeat grin grin very happy.

Had a dream I had sex with a woman yesterday night. lol. Woke up bursting for a wee too so explains the pressure I was feeling 'down there'. For once dp actually looked thoughtful while i told him what had happened! envy envy

AnotherStitchInTime Wed 14-Aug-13 17:49:49

Checking in too.

Glad to hear you got your appointment finally Toby

Sure I am having dreams, but not remembering them as dd2 has a cold and woke 4 times last night between midnight and 6am. I am a wreck.

Why is it they always get sick when you are on holiday? Last time we went away she got D&V. Made it to the seaside today, but it has rained all day here in Dorset, just my luck.

Still feeling lots of movement from the baby and dd1 held a starfish today, so life is not all bad smile

TarkaTheOtter Wed 14-Aug-13 18:31:40

Just checking in on the new thread!

yorkie just wanted to offer some reassurance as your bleed sounds very like mine at 11 weeks and although I bled (quite heavily) for a few days haven't had any bleeding since (now 18weeks).

Toothfairy78 Wed 14-Aug-13 18:35:12

Nice to hear you got your scan date toby. Yay, Same day as mine!

Just found out someone else at work is pg too due Christmas time. It's gonna be a very male office come winter with 6 out of 8 ladies out (3pg, 3 leaving). Imagine 2 women in an office of 45!

I have parked my car on DH side of the drive, as my space means the drivers door is next to a wall. Just trying it on for when I get too big. It'll be fun to see how confused he is when he gets home! grin

TobyLerone Wed 14-Aug-13 19:07:14

Glad to hear you got to hear the hb, yorkie smile That must have been lovely and reassuring for you.

BookTart Wed 14-Aug-13 19:25:44

A hb and sexy dreams yorkie? Blimey, things are looking up.

I've got my scan next Wednesday as well toby - all our nagging of the ultrasound department finally paid off grin!

TobyLerone Wed 14-Aug-13 19:28:45

Ha! I wonder if they'll be running almost 2 hours late again hmm

BookTart Wed 14-Aug-13 19:44:05

Best not be, or I will unleash my not-inconsiderable preggo rage!

sarahleanne Wed 14-Aug-13 20:28:55

I also have my scan next Wednesday toby , toothfairyand booktart
although I am keeping the gender a surprise for January grin

TobyLerone Wed 14-Aug-13 20:35:23

Same here, sarah smile I'm worried we'll find out by accident.

Toothfairy78 Wed 14-Aug-13 20:57:11

Yeah, we're letting it be a surprise. DH parents want us to find out and were dropping hints and DH was feeling a bit pressured. But we're agreed now and I just don't feel the need. It's not going to affect how we'll decorate the nursery or anything.

This thread is not accepting new messages.