Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 (thread 8) Half way there just about! Finding out pink or blue

(1000 Posts)
BuntCadger Tue 13-Aug-13 11:13:23

New thread for us, can't believe another one filled! Half way there girls smile on the homeward stretch smile xx

Sultanajo Tue 13-Aug-13 14:53:51

Mythree my gut was boy and it is a boy (unless two sonographers got it wrong!) Lol - loving your dream! I have never had so many naughty dreams in my life! Thankfully my Jude Law dream is a distant memory and I am back to feeling indifferent towards him! Phew!!!

lovelilies Tue 13-Aug-13 14:56:03

I'm pretty sure this ones a boy, based on nub theory and dp's hints (did obs and gynae last year) but we're not 'officially' finding out on wed at the scan, unless it's obvious! grin

Holly94 Tue 13-Aug-13 15:00:39

I've got a question, can anyone feel kicking yet? I'm 15+5 and think I've felt a few flutters but desperate to know when I'll feel those proper little kicks!

MissTink Tue 13-Aug-13 15:03:54

Thank you sultanajo and MrsGSR happy to join the group and have a bit of a sounding board in the weeks ahead.

MrsVDB Tue 13-Aug-13 15:05:06

mythree yes I just felt it was a girl, I was so sure. Also nub theory pointed to a girl but obviously not! Does explain my hairy belly though ha ha.

I also had a weird dream last night that the baby was a mouse and was in clothes and in its cot ha ha. Probably because stupid cat bought a mouse into the bedroom though. I need to have some of these randy dreams your all having!!

Blimey yorkie you poor duck. Sounds horrid. Hope everything has settled down a bit now.

TobyLerone Tue 13-Aug-13 15:42:49

Hi thread 8 smile

yorkie, that sounds scary. Fingers crossed for no repeats of that.

Welcome newbies grin

I wish I had a date for my 20 week scan!

Sultanajo Tue 13-Aug-13 16:47:55

Grrrr Toby! That's just ridiculous that you are past 19 weeks and they haven't sorted themselves out! Cuntpuffins! angry I feel so lucky to have at least had a date in good time so I could count down to it. I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel!

TobyLerone Tue 13-Aug-13 16:57:32

Ah, at least I won't have a long wait when it arrives... Silver linings and all that!

And I have until 21+6, don't I?

flowersfortea Tue 13-Aug-13 17:30:16

hello everyone, marking place

yorkie what a horrible scare, hope all settles down again and that the scan goes well

Frizz1986 Tue 13-Aug-13 17:57:07

Just checking in.

Sorry youre having a tough time yorkie Huge fx that all is ok.

Welcome to the newbies!!

sultana i am fully expecting a boy (we wont be finding out tho) Will be a surprise if its a girl tbh.

Sultanajo Tue 13-Aug-13 17:59:39

Toby it seems to vary depending on the website you look at. The private clinic I used for the NT scan says between 20-22 weeks is the optimum so structures can be seen more clearly....

www.beardmillclinic.com/ultrasound-scans/anomaly-scan.php

Sultanajo Tue 13-Aug-13 18:01:05

Ekkkk Frizz. Can't wait to find out what everyone is having - and for some we will have to be patient and wait for them to pop out in Dec/Jan! she says impatiently drumming her fingers

Toothfairy78 Tue 13-Aug-13 19:44:37

Hi all, Toothfairy reporting for duty. Sir!

Can't believe how busy you've all been today!

yorkie that sound really distressing. FX that it's just a random thing and that it works out fine.

Just thought I'd share an update on eejit colleague that I shouted at a few weeks ago for telling me to "calm down". Had a lovely chat with another colleague who had to explain to him that what he said was condescending and patronising. Then he had to explain what those words meant! He's still ignoring me. Eesh, can't help some people!

Anyway, it has just dawned on my dept head that I'm going on mat leave just as a major factory transfer project will start. Erm, I didn't do it on purpose. Honest!

In baby news, tiny decided to have. squiggle while I walking home from the shops last night. It was tickly I nearly had to stop!

Sleepthief Tue 13-Aug-13 20:35:19

It's standard at Kings to have the anomaly scan at 22 weeks. HTH Toby.

MrsVDB Tue 13-Aug-13 20:38:51

This is quite interesting, shows ct scan of baby inside at 17 w

www.flickriver.com/photos/zpeckler/4513097929/

TobyLerone Tue 13-Aug-13 21:53:19

Thanks for the info, sultana & sleep smile
I am giving them until Friday and then I will call again.

sarahleanne Tue 13-Aug-13 22:01:41

hi everyone just marking my place.

MrABC Tue 13-Aug-13 22:57:43

Hi all. Just checking in...

Fingers crossed you get a date soon toby. I believe it's up until 22 weeks from what I've read.

Went to kiddicare at the weekend which was COMPLETELY overwhelming! How can there be so many different car seats and prams! Think it was a good starting point though and we've now managed to get a short list. Just need to go and try out the ones we are interested in now.

Fx for all those worrying at the moment. thanks

TobyLerone Wed 14-Aug-13 06:41:29

Did you go to the Lakeside one, MrA? Mad, isn't it?

Spacefrog35 Wed 14-Aug-13 07:26:14

Sending virtual hugs to yorkie, fingers crossed all is ok.

Welcome new people smile

Very jealous of everyone's dreams. My dreams are much more vivid at the mo but for the last 3 nights they've consisted of being licked on the face by a cow! Mmmmm lovely, wet slobbery cow kisses. Where's Jude Law when you need him wink

Mac2014 Wed 14-Aug-13 07:45:10

Marking my place.

Fx for everyone worrying and going through horrid times.

Good luck for all imminent scans (& hope dates turn up soon!!)

Waves at newbies!

sanityisamyth Wed 14-Aug-13 08:22:41

Checking in here too! Exactly 20 weeks today and have my scan on Monday - can't wait to find out if it's CESH or WJH in there!!

Can't believe how quickly it's gone TBH - doesn't seem that long ago I was on a beach in Barbados ;)

Hope everyone is happy and healthy and their pregnancies are going according to plan xxx

enormouse Wed 14-Aug-13 09:04:45

Hi all, New thread (wooo!)
I'm back to studying in the next week or so and am really excited. Am a bit stir crazy at home. Am almost 17 weeks and everything seems well.

Nice to some newbies! smile

dreams oh yes. Last night I dreamed DH and I went to NCT. It was a bit like a fete hmm with little stalls to teach you how to do baby laundry, how to paint with your child, jewellery making etc. <stop sniggering>

I couldn't make DH leave the iPad stall long enough to do our required 'one adult, one child' activity, and then I lost our daughter, and forgot her name (it may have been Hannah, although in the dream I didn't seem sure that was right), and ended up picking up a tiny weeny baby the size of a tiny doll instead, who did a strange hand-waving thing.

I am weird. grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.