Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant at 41 with high BP and bleeding...and I wanted a home birth!

(3 Posts)
WarpKitten Sun 11-Aug-13 00:36:13

Hi Gemma, congrats on your pregnancy. I'm 40 and 20 weeks pregnant with my first. I had loads of bleeding between 13 - 16 weeks but all was fine. Has your -gp prescribed aspirin? They're supposed to give it to us older mum's to thin the blood. I'm the other way and have too low blood pressure. I wouldn't worry too much about it all especially if you manage to control your bp anyway. :-)

gemmaj66 Fri 09-Aug-13 09:32:36

Just realised I should have posted this in Pregnancy... blush

gemmaj66 Thu 08-Aug-13 16:45:25

Hi all,

Found out in June that I was pregnant with number 4. My other 3 are 21, 19 and 18 and we weren't trying so it was a hell of a shock! We were just getting used to the idea when at 7 weeks I started to bleed heavily. Saw my GP and we decided to opt for natural management of the mc and I bled for 3 weeks. I was still feeling really sick though and 4 weeks post mc I did a test which was a strong positive! After a couple of weeks to-ing and fro-ing to my GP it's just been confirmed that I'm 13 weeks pregnant. smile I have had a couple of smaller bleeds since the big one but baby seems to be sitting tight. Can't quite believe it! GP spoiled it a bit by telling me I'm 'very high risk' due to my advanced age (!) and my high blood pressure (which I've had since my teens and is well controlled) so we're now worried sick!!! lol

Would love to chat about it all on here as we haven't told a soul yet but I'd be especially glad to hear from other high risk mums.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now